What to buy? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2009, 12:03 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I'm thinking about retiring next year and I would like to do some traveling with my wife. I have been looking at trailers for awhile and know I want a small one that I can tow with my Santa Fe. I want a floorplan with a premanent bed. I want to buy a used one and am not afraid doing some work to restore one. I like the Casitas but the floorplans don't work. Any suggestions?
tx,
tom
Tom Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #2

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Quote:
I'm thinking about retiring next year and I would like to do some traveling with my wife. I have been looking at trailers for awhile and know I want a small one that I can tow with my Santa Fe. I want a floorplan with a premanent bed. I want to buy a used one and am not afraid doing some work to restore one. I like the Casitas but the floorplans don't work. Any suggestions?
tx,
tom
I would suggest you take the time to trip down to Bandon in Oregon later this month for a cornucopia of fibreglass trailers and their owners. These are the most sharing people you're ever likely to meet and you can see all different sorts of trailer and find out what their owners like (or otherwise) about their rigs, all the different layouts and what's out there used.
And you might win some brownie points with your wife for a weekend away. Enjoy yourself and good lick in your quest.
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'd agree with Ian and there's nothing like seeing a trailer first hand! You name it, the brand will be there. (Nearly) all models of Casita's, all models of Escapes, Olivers, Fiberstreams, Scamps, Bolers, Trilliums, etc., etc., etc. Seeing a picture of a floorplan sometimes just doesn't cut it!

So, what is it about "the" Casita floorplan that doesn't work? With the Freedom Deluxe you have a permanent bed and a separate eating area...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Registry
My wife and I took the approach suggested above at a meet earlier this year, and placed an order for a new Escape the next day. Everybody who we asked was pleased to show us their stuff. Just allow time for chatting.

However, I think that the Casita floorplans are about as good as you can get for trailers of that size. What is wrong wth them, for your requirements? What would you prefer?

Ron
Ron Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks for the replies. I looked at the website for the Casita and didn't see that floorplan. I will look at those models again.
Thanks again,
tom
Tom Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #6

Trailer: 19 ft Escape
We just picked up our Escape 19 a few months back and love it.
It has the permenent queen size bed and you won't beat the quality.
http://www.escapetrailer.com/
Doug P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:29 AM   #7

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I looked at the website for the Casita and didn't see that floorplan. I will look at those models again.
Thanks again,
tom
Tom
What EXACTLY about the floorplans does not work for you?
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #8

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Registry
Quote:
Tom
What EXACTLY about the floorplans does not work for you?
I suspect that he means that he is having trouble with the web site. That the floorplan images don't work for him on his computer, with his browser.

I thought he meant that he does not like the floorplan designs, but I no longer think that.
Ron Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote