What was left in the trailer when you picked it up? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2006, 04:07 PM   #21

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
Quote:
One dollar bill and a hand full of change.......$1.96

Pens, pencels, old road map and two empty lighters....$1.15

A jar full of dead batterys.....$.05

A dirty smelly trailer......Priceless
Good One, Ron! I totally agree, Priceless!

The former owners had left wheel chocks, the awning (yay!), the rear support jacks, and some crud that I don't recall other than I threw it away.

When I gave my pop up to a buddy, I outfitted it with linens, pots and pans, dishes, soaps, just about everything he's going to need to camp the first night. You know, now that I think about it, I think I left a few canned goods for him, too! Oh dear, if this froze and split open, he may have a mess when he opens his camper!

I suppose he'll be at the pop up camper telling everyone what a "great friend" he has!

What a fun thread, Ronnie!
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #22

Trailer: Boler 1984
Zilch! Zippo! Nada!
Steamed cleaned and newly painted from a dealer. That was twelve years ago and looks like it could use a repaint. Think we'll keep it for another twelve.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:04 PM   #23

Trailer: 73 Surfside 14 / '05 Magnum RT AWD
At first I thought - nothing. but then the brain "finally" kicked in.
1 coffee pot with no insides or lid - aluminum.
1 small sauce pot - again, no lid and aluminum.
4 stablizers
2 mirrors for the tow vehicle. kind that attaches to the fender - very nice. afraid to try them on the Mag. they might scratch her.
OH!! 1 bug in the fresh water line from the tank. - uck.
Jana J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:03 AM   #24

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1978
My Surfside came with junk, mold and mildew. The lady took out the bar-b-que lighter, but left the rusty spoons. The guy selling it was going to leave the kids picnic table, but his wife took it. It was quite amusing. My kids thought that the remaining stuff was just wonderful (broken hammer, stakes, broken jacks, rope, etc). Nothing too cool.
(Quit slagging our pennies! They make great washers, and are cheaper then getting them at the hardware store!)
Adam
adamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:10 AM   #25

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
Well since our little Burro was a wedding present from my dad, it had a few things like pots, pans, dishes, rug, step stool, bedding and that kind of stuff. But the best thing was a little plaque my dad made and hung between the cupboard doors above the stove that reads " Berry -n- Ellen
Buzzards Nest
which I just love (our last name is Buzzard).

When my dad sold his Lovebug to some people that drove all the way from Texas to California to pick it up, after seeing pictures I had posted on this forum. My dad left a lot of things in the LoveBug so the couple could camp in it all the way back home in comfort. The couple that bought it had never towed before and was a little nervous, so my dad hooked up to his lil Bigfoot and traveled with them to a campground about an hour away and camped with them that first night. He helped them back it in to the camp site, showed them how to light and operate everything and they spent 1/2 the night talking about trailers, towing, tips and camping. I thought that was a really neat thing to do.
BuzzardsBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:29 AM   #26
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Wow, Ellen! Now THAT is what I call leaving/giving something that is priceless.

Oh, oh! I see a commerical here ....

Pots and Pans: $______

Trailer: $_________

Service afer the sale: Priceless!

Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:07 AM   #27

Trailer: 1985 17 ft Burro
We found a porta potty and a resume. The resume was interesting because the original owner bought the trailer as a kit and completed it himself. His resume consisted of "handyman" type work and was mostly self employed. It was "vewy interwesting." I have saved it with all the other important documents on the trailer.
D Shubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #28

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Wow, Ellen, what a great gift for your Father to give the purchasing Newbies! I hope we have the opportunity to be that generous IF (BIG if) we ever sell our Egg. Thanx, LdB
Old 06-13-2006, 06:55 PM   #29

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I bought my first egg right after my divorce. It was a 16' Scamp and made for tight quarters with 3 little girls, but it meant the world to me. It's been the only big ticket item I've ever bought on my own. The only thing left by the original owners was rice. Every time I took it out, I'd have to clean up rice all around the sink area. I never found the source, but it tapered off towards the end. It was with a heavy heart that I put my Scamp in a consignment lot years later when I met and married Ken. It just couldn't handle 5 people. The new owners got some great linens, utensils, pots/pans, and beautiful yellow curtains my sister made for me with antique buttons at the bottoms. Anyone here?

Absolutely nothing was left in our current Casita when we bought it from a credit union. Just a melted carpet area in the microwave cabinet.

Ruth
Ruth C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:29 PM   #30

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
A pack of Old Maid Cards

Several Pizza Hut Contest Coupons with the name "Debbie Trout" written on them, and the address of the previous owner (the name also explains the very faded trout decal on the side, which I'm still trying to figure out how to remove...tweezers and a hair dryer or acetone? Hmmm).

About 500 sugar ants

All the original manuals

One child size aqua sock

Daisy
Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:07 AM   #31

Name: Susannah
Trailer: Scamp
Virginia
Scamp Princess

Our 13' 1978 Scamp was in good condition and nicely cleaned out when we bought it (no pennies or garbage, just the original lime green plaid 70's upholstered cushions and shag-ish carpeting), but in one of the upper cabinets we found a tiny Disney-type Princess figure in a pink ballgown. We keep her in there still and whenever little girls come to visit in our Scamp (little girls LOVE the Scamp) I always introduce them to the Princess and say "She was living here before the Scamp came to be with us". And their eyes get round with wonder. It's great.
FeatherByFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:45 PM   #32

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Wow, an 11 year old thread revived! Great story, Susannah!

Nothing so fun in ours, but we did find the original Scamp brochure and purchase contract with the price of the trailer and every option ordered in 2008. A little time capsule.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote