What was left in the trailer when you picked it up? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2006, 10:29 AM   #1

Trailer: 1996 16 ft Scamp
Having purchased two FG trailers within the past year, I have found unexpected "things" left in the trailers.

The first one was a nice "unexpected thing" - the sellers (members of the forum) furnished clean linens, new pillows and cases for me to use on my way home because they knew I was camping!

I've heard other stories from members on this forum. Would anyone care to share?
Raunie Aasland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:34 PM   #2

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
Hmmm...

In the Boler:
Tent pegs, misc trash, rope.

In the Esterel:
A portapotty, ice cream cone shaped lights (ugh!), toilet paper, original sales brochure manuals and sales receipt (cool!).

In the PlayPac:
A few rolls of carpet (former owner was gonna redo the trailer) which I ended up putting on the walls.

In an Apache pop-up:
Coleman inflatable mattress, several feather pillows

mkw
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:41 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
In my first fiberglass trailer (13' Scamp) the previous owners left: plates, silverware, cups, bowls, salt & pepper shakes, corn cob holders, tablecloth weights, tablecloth, potholders, towels, washclothes, quilt, portapotti, pots & pans, bottle jacks, etc.

My current trailer (19' Scamp 5th wheel), plates, cups, bowls, combination microwave/toaster oven, a large plastic tub to care cords, etc in, memory foam topper, longer TV cable, etc.

I have been greatly bless with what others have left so now that my 13 footer is sold I am planning on leaving what I can in it for the next owner.

Gail
Gail Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:42 PM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
In mine, a brand new porta potty, and one of those butane portable stoves. Brand new. The folks walked into thier garage and tried to give me BRAND NEW camping items like lanterns, coolers and just about everything they had still in a box.

They would not take "No" for an answer. "You'll need these!" I graciously accepted because it was important to them to "Gift" me. I gave the stove to a friend that needed it, and regifted the PP to the nice folks that bought my Coleman Colorado Pop Up.

The best gift tho, is the occasional call I get about my health. The gentleman that sold it to me is a cancer survivor too!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:53 PM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

My first trailer, a 1971 Compact Junior was completely stripped bare, so the previous owner could use it as a utility hauler.

My current trailer, a 1978 Fiber Stream came completely equipped. The previous owner used it for full time living when his first wife divorced him. He put it up for sale upon re-marrying, and left everything inside:

weight distribution hitch components (except ball mount)
friction sway bar
4 ton hydraulic jack
4 each stabilizing jack stands
5 gallon water "jerry can"
5 gallon "Port-A-Way'st" dump tote
300 watt inverter
Melamine Dishes (complete service for 4)
silverware
old pots & pans
5" 12 volt Black&White TV
Twin sheets & pillow (soiled)
very old canned "goods" (pork&beans, etc.)
both black & gray holding tanks completely full
Old 06-04-2006, 03:13 PM   #6

Trailer: 1300 Trillium
What a good topic. We got, among other things, a full size tv antenna like you would put on a house. It was as long and as wide as the trailer itself. They drilled thru the side wall and inside fiberglass over the sink and kind of bolted it on. We decided to change that. And some batman curtains which I'll probably sell on ebay someday and make a fortune...pay for the trailer and all my camping trips. We kinda got the trailer from hell and paid too much for it but it is beautiful now and we love it.
Maggie O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:35 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
We agree - fun topic! Thanx for starting this, Raunie.

Our 1993 Scamp 13 was immaculate ... the best gift of all, eh? The seller included a HUGE wrench for different sized hitch-ball and newly sewn curtains of Sunbrella fabric. Later, we found in one of the cubbies a string of flamingo lights. I think I sent them back to the seller, but if I unearth them as we prepare to sell our home, they might go to Christi V for her decor (smile).

Looking forward to next posts. Happy camping - L 'n D
Old 06-04-2006, 03:59 PM   #8

Trailer: Former U-Haul and Casita owner (now Class C Motorhome)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tom Stewart
Quote:
Having purchased two FG trailers within the past year, I have found unexpected "things" left in the trailers.

The first one was a nice "unexpected thing" - the sellers (members of the forum) furnished clean linens, new pillows and cases for me to use on my way home because they knew I was camping!

I've heard other stories from members on this forum. Would anyone care to share?
i found 200 pennys in the built in ashtray!!!!!!!
Tom Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:18 PM   #9

Trailer: 1300 Trillium
Don't get me started about pennies! They were stuck in the grunge everywhere! Canadian pennies!
Maggie O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:48 PM   #10

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
In my Casita:

TV with VHS (we gave it to our son).

Microwave oven (we still have it in the Casita but have only used it once).

Maps of Georgia.

Water Purifier.

Sway bar.

Chocks.

Colored lanterns for the awning.

Tablecloth.

Foot mat for the door.

(I'm probably forgetting some stuff.)
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:21 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
My sellers didn't leave me anything of value, but an extremely clean, freshly washed and waxed trailer...and I was very grateful.

They did leave me a laminated check list. The kind that's needed on what to do when first setting up and what to do to break camp and hookup to pull out. Since I was a first time trailer owner (AND DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS FORUM), I was more than pleased to have something to refer to. Coooool!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #12

Trailer: Two 13 ft Scamps
Registry
This is fun!

My first Casita was trashed when I bought it, so everything that was left behind was sent to the dump including the pair of boxers I found wedged between the wheel well and the bottom of the closet.

The 78 Scamp though came fully loaded. I already had most everything that I needed but I did salvage some cool things including some pots and pans, and a brand new inflatable raft still in the box taht we used on the Frio River in TX a time or 2!!

The 84 Scamp, well most of you know its story - came with a whole lot of trash and not much treasure but I did find a neat canister sorta thing in it that I can't get the top open to and don't know what it was for orginally! Doubt it is worth anything, but it matches the decor so I might keep it for something. Oh, almost forgot the best part, there was a small crowbar and a nail puller in the trailer too- I found plenty of uses for those!
Attached Thumbnails
canister.jpg  
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:18 PM   #13

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Quote:
Don't get me started about pennies! They were stuck in the grunge everywhere! Canadian pennies!
SSHH! THEY don't want you to know, but CDN .0$ are actually worth _/_/_/_/ each, because of [.] [.][.][.]
..... #$#% NE ^&*^$! SW -- dang it, these --- Aaaaaaaagggghhhhh.... NXNW -- &^$&!

Sorry, going to my room now.
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #14

Trailer: 1996 16 ft Scamp
Jaye, you're so innovative, I just know you tried WD 40 on the cannister - right?

It does fit your motif whether it opens or not!

I started this subject, and I'm really enjoying it!

Though they haven't chimed in yet, 2 of the forum members received their fg's with dirty linen, and other "assorted accessories" -- Use your imagination!
Raunie Aasland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:10 PM   #15

Trailer: 1970 Boler
nothing. not even a penny, or a spare tire
Kurt in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:32 AM   #16

Trailer: 85 13 ft Scamp
Wasn't much left in our 85 Scamp, 7 years parked, the spare was rotten and lots of water infiltration, pretty well trashed everything including all of the floors Scamp photos (sorry about the geocities site if it is over the limit, have to get my own server up and running one day). Was suppose to include the awning, I only glanced and saw a long object so I thought that was it, turned out to be part of a sailboat from our post sale email exchange. I was more worried about plates, papers and our long trip home across an international border then the awning when we picked it up. Almost have the floors done, going camping for our second time in a couple of weeks, will work on the closet and kitchenette this winter, home reno taking up too much time right now. Will have to get some updated photos of the interior with the new flooring in, not a great job but looks nice (I think) and works for us.
Shawn Englehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:02 AM   #17

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
Quote:
Wasn't much left in our 85 Scamp, 7 years parked, the spare was rotten and lots of water infiltration, pretty well trashed everything including all of the floors Scamp photos (sorry about the geocities site if it is over the limit, have to get my own server up and running one day). Was suppose to include the awning, I only glanced and saw a long object so I thought that was it, turned out to be part of a sailboat from our post sale email exchange. I was more worried about plates, papers and our long trip home across an international border then the awning when we picked it up. Almost have the floors done, going camping for our second time in a couple of weeks, will work on the closet and kitchenette this winter, home reno taking up too much time right now. Will have to get some updated photos of the interior with the new flooring in, not a great job but looks nice (I think) and works for us.
Wow, Shawn, when you are done with your Scamp, I want to see the pics!

We picked up our '85 13 foot Scamp last week, and it had: cat poo, rat poo/pee, mouse poo/pee, black widow spider, tons of weird desert beetles, sand/dirt/dust, astronomy nametag belonging to the former owner, the former owner's registration slips, some astronomy magazines, a wool blanket, two bottle jacks, a cool mounted TV holder, a 12 v auto fan wired into the 12 v system, what appears to be (?) a drinking water spout with water purifier, a mag light, matches, spices, a can of febreeze (someone was probably trying to cover the pee smell..yech), tupperware container, dog dish, some dog food, and a t-shirt.

Cool thing was that we were able to look the previous owner up online (the trailer was purchased from him by a woman who buys and sells vintage RV's for profit- we bought from her), and found some pics and a little bit about him. Neat guy in his 80's.
Tirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #18

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
Quote:
Ah, the BEST kind of pennies... They're worth about .009 cents American now!!
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:26 PM   #19

Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500 Deluxe / 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Access cab 2.7l
Plates, cups, spices, kettle, two frying pans, toilet paper, dish towels, pots, cutlery, curtains, can opener, plastic cooking utensils, paper towels, dish soap, tooth picks, lighter, matches, extension cords, hose, scissor jack, picture to hang, very old USA road atlas, various bulbs and extra bits, 30 amp adapter for regular extensionc cord, hmmmm that's all
Paddy Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:58 PM   #20

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1980
One dollar bill and a hand full of change.......$1.96

Pens, pencels, old road map and two empty lighters....$1.15

A jar full of dead batterys.....$.05

A dirty smelly trailer......Priceless
Ron Wrighton is offline   Reply With Quote