What Would You Buy? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2009, 05:32 PM   #21

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Quote:
Our female ridgeback comes in at just under 70 Lbs. and matches described breed standard. She prefers the bunk down for getting in and out. I can quite imagine Linda's male that is 50 Lbs more would find even more troublesome jumping up between the bunks. Amazing breed though. They can spread out and fill a full sized living room couch at one moment and roll up into a tiny ball at the end the next.
As long as they are ON the couch right? Never on the floor for this breed, too cat-like.
Linda D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #22

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Sounds like you'd want to just remove the couch back then (were you to end up with a Boler 13/clone). Six screws... bingo!...roomy dog bed with a rounded back wall
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #23

Thank you everyone for your input. We're renting a Boler weekend after next and hopefully a Trillium soon after so we'll figure out which style will fit our needs better.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #24

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Great idea! Have a great time and good luck figuring out what you want.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:14 AM   #25

Well we had our first Boler experience and really enjoyed it. What a cute little unit. Towed very well (my husband said he only noticed it on hills), and although the bed is a lot smaller than what we're used to, we both slept very well both nights. Even the dog. We tried the bench down the first night and he had the option of the bench or his dog bed on the floor; he preferred the floor. The next night I put the bunk up (that was better for storage anyway) and he spent all night on the lower bunk. He's so tall he can just step/crawl onto the lower bunk. If it was ours we'd make a few mods but really it was very good as is. Now we're looking forward to our Trillium trip next month.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #26

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
We just sold our little lees-ure-lite tent trailer and want to get into a little fibreglass trailer. We're thinking a 13'. It's just me and my husband and dog. We don't want a bathroom, or maybe even a kitchen (although the idea of a fridge is growing on me, no more ice!) We do need to try and keep the weight down, as our tow-viehicle is an under-powered Subaru Legacy. My husband is 6' tall, so we're trying to figure out wich would have the biggest bed (our tent-trailer was a queen size).

My question is: if you wanted a light, roomy 13' trailer, what would you buy? Boler? Trillium? Scamp? Anything else?

Thanks,
Linda.
We're not sure how we are going to react to a small fiberglass trailer. We have a tent trailer and when it is up it is very big inside compared to these smaller glass ones.
Of course we already know the drawbacks of our camper. But still I am a bit worried about the crowding. It's not like you can rent one and try it out
David White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #27

Quote:
We're not sure how we are going to react to a small fiberglass trailer. We have a tent trailer and when it is up it is very big inside compared to these smaller glass ones.
Of course we already know the drawbacks of our camper. But still I am a bit worried about the crowding. It's not like you can rent one and try it out
David, I haven't heard of any rentals in your area, but there are rentals out there. But wanted to ask your camping needs, as to suggest what kind of "glass" to look for. How many people will be sleeping in the glass with you? Any Pets? Why are you considering a fiberglass trailer? Honestly they may not fit your needs but thats not to say there isn't a couple of options (brands) that wouldn't give you that crowding feeling that your worried about. But even they may be tooooooooo small for your needs/wants. A little info, and maybe someone can give you some ideas on what to look for. Tent campers are amazing with the room they provide, and yes there are limits to that type of camping unit. But molded fiberglass are a different breed of camping unit. We went from a 35ft Class A to a Casita, but because of our special needs, fiberglass was the option that best fit our needs and still kept us enjoying the great outdoors. Yes their small and cozy, but that is the advantage for a lot of us. There are bigger more open "glass brands" that might offer you the openess you are wanting. Robin
Old 09-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #28

Trailer: 2009 Escape ('Suite Escape')
Registry
Quote:
David, I haven't heard of any rentals in your area, but there are rentals out there. But wanted to ask your camping needs, as to suggest what kind of "glass" to look for. How many people will be sleeping in the glass with you? Any Pets? Why are you considering a fiberglass trailer? Honestly they may not fit your needs but thats not to say there isn't a couple of options (brands) that wouldn't give you that crowding feeling that your worried about. But even they may be tooooooooo small for your needs/wants. A little info, and maybe someone can give you some ideas on what to look for. Tent campers are amazing with the room they provide, and yes there are limits to that type of camping unit. But molded fiberglass are a different breed of camping unit. We went from a 35ft Class A to a Casita, but because of our special needs, fiberglass was the option that best fit our needs and still kept us enjoying the great outdoors. Yes their small and cozy, but that is the advantage for a lot of us. There are bigger more open "glass brands" that might offer you the openess you are wanting. Robin
Escape was renting trailers. However, I do not know if that is happening any longer as they are getting busy. Perhaps they can put ou n touch with someone, if they no longer rent.
Good Luck.
Sandra L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #29

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
I would buy the Escape 15'

Click image for larger version

Name:	15___Floor_plan_A___B.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	23570

# 9' Fiesta Awning (7' extension)
# 12,000 BTU Furnace
# 3.0 Cubic ft. 3-way Dometic Fridge
# Maxx Fan (900 cfm power roof fan)
# 2 Burner Cooktop
# Sink Cover
# Power Range Hood With Light (not available on Plan B )
# Microwave Ready (cabinet above fridge Plan B )
# Interior Shower Pkg. PLAN B (6 Gal DSI H/W tank, 20 gal gray tank, 14 gal black tank, full fiberglass shower insert, sink with hand-held shower unit & holding tank moniter panel)
# 25' 30 Amp Power Cord
# 55 Amp Converter/Battery Charger
# Group 27 Deep Cycle Battery
# Oak Door Package
# Draw-down pleated shades
# 12 Volt Demand Water System
# 20 Gal. Fresh Water Tank
# 120 Volt Interior Outlets (3)
# 4" High Density Cushions
# Exterior Door Light
# Exterior Grab Handle
# Exterior Bubble Levels
# Large Screened Windows
# Factory Tinted Windows
# Front Window Rock Shield (Plan A)
# 20 lb. OPD Propane Tank with Cover
# Locking Water Fill Hatch
# 14" Goodyear Tires (ST205-75R-14, balanced)
# Full Size Spare Tire & Cover
# Safety Chains and Break-Away Switch
# Front & Rear Scissor Stabilizer Jacks
# Front Rock Guards
# Electric Brakes
# Entry Step
# 'NEW' Screen Door (side to side retractable)
# 3000lb Torsion Rubber Ride Suspension
# 20' Sewer Hose & Storage Compartment (Plan B )
# Safety Fire Extinguisher
# Propane Detector
# Carbon Monoxide Detector
# Smoke Detector
# Linoleum Flooring
# Custom Wood Interior Finish
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #30

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Unhappy

Nix to that 15'. It is factory listed at 1600#. Our Trillium weight is listed at 1450# however when we weighed ours, admittedly with some of our things in it, it scaled 1700#. We tow it just fine with our 2000# capacity 2000 Subaru Outback. We won't win any drag races while towing it, but that is not where it is at. We have always been minimalists, moving up to eggs from tent camping. We also don't have a furnace, refrigerator, nor A/C. We haven't filled the fresh water tank, but judging by the taste of the water at most campsites, I think that may change. But we won't carry the whole 12 gallons, (100#). I do think the Trillium is a scooch lighter than the Escape because of the wood interiors in the Escape, however, I don't know the status of TRV, Ltd as of this date, since Escape and Trillium parted ways July 1st, as detailed in another thread in this blog.

PS: I am just under 6' and stand quite comfortably in our Trillium whilst cooking or doing dishes. We also sleep together quite easily in the "large" bunk and eat at the small table in the front. We love our 'Homelet.'

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:17 PM   #31

Well the Trillium is the winner! Now just to find the right one? We took a 1300 up camping on our Thanksgiving long weekend. It was COLD but dry (at least) and we were all warm and toasty in the little trailer. I have to include some pictures. I think both the dog and the campground voted for the Trillium. (you'll see what I mean)
Attached Thumbnails
DSC03540.jpg   DSC03495.jpg  

DSC03483.jpg  
Old 10-17-2009, 09:22 PM   #32

Look's like all votes have been counted! LOL.................... Good Luck in your search!
Old 10-18-2009, 11:50 AM   #33

Trailer: 2009 Escape ('Suite Escape')
Registry
Quote:
Well the Trillium is the winner! Now just to find the right one? We took a 1300 up camping on our Thanksgiving long weekend. It was COLD but dry (at least) and we were all warm and toasty in the little trailer. I have to include some pictures. I think both the dog and the campground voted for the Trillium. (you'll see what I mean)
I love that last picture!
Sandra L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:00 PM   #34

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
What a great picture of the pup!!!! Looks absolutely relaxed and enjoying his/herself!!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #35

Never had a dog before that liked clothes, but without his jammies on, none of us gets any sleep. And he won't go out in the rain without his rain-coat. He hasn't asked for shoes yet though...