What year is this bowler? - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-29-2016, 12:05 AM   #1
Member
 
Name: Dean
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Posts: 97
What year is this bowler?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	339.8 KB
ID:	95655
__________________

__________________
Mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 12:07 AM   #2
Member
 
Name: Dean
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Posts: 97
Oops spelled boler wrong. Lol
__________________

__________________
Mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 05:59 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Do you have a picture of the rear of the trailer, so we can see the bumper and lights? That will help.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 06:50 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Rick Mooyman's Avatar
 
Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Posts: 962
Registry
Donna, that is not always the best way to tell as different factories did their own way of doing bumpers. Some have the wrap around frame or the added on bumper between the frame rails. My son and I both have 1971 Bolers and his was built in Winnipeg with the wrap around frame and mine was made in Peace River, AB and has the straight frame rails with the welded on bumper. And who knows what mods have been made by previous owners.

By the looks of the pic, with the added dome on the roof it will be a late 1968 or newer. Only the first 100 had the flat roof.

Dean, what year does the Insurance paperwork and Bill of Sale say it is?

Note many were never registered properly.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Do you have a picture of the rear of the trailer, so we can see the bumper and lights? That will help.
__________________
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 07:06 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Rick Mooyman's Avatar
 
Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Posts: 962
Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	1971 <a title=Boler 008.jpg Views: 14 Size: 210.5 KB ID: 95656" style="margin: 2px" />

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2941.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	95657

Both are 1971 Bolers
__________________
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 07:27 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Okay, so now all we know is it's isn't an early 1968
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:07 AM   #7
Member
 
Name: Dean
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Posts: 97
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	322.4 KB
ID:	95659

The registration says 71... But was just wondering if it was newer as the previous owner wasn't sure
__________________
Mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:11 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Rick, I think this is a later 1968 or early 1969. Notice the hinges on the door and the cut out for the bumper. It's not one of the first 100 because of the trolley top.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:23 AM   #9
Member
 
Name: Dean
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Posts: 97
Well now I'm really curious as I want to get interior parts to make her shine inside. Do parts fit for all the early years?
__________________
Mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:26 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Rick Mooyman's Avatar
 
Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Posts: 962
Registry
Yes I did not notice the door hinges till you pointed it out. As long as they are original and no tail light buckets that makes it a late 1968. But like I said before many are not registered properly, hence it being registered as it is.

Looks to me like the rear bumper has been moded and re-welded?

In most cases it does not cause an issue, not until the insurance company comes into the picture for an insurance claim.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Rick, I think this is a later 1968 or early 1969. Notice the hinges on the door and the cut out for the bumper. It's not one of the first 100 because of the trolley top.
__________________
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:28 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Rick Mooyman's Avatar
 
Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Posts: 962
Registry
Yes parts are interchangeable with all years and even with Scamp in Backus MN any parts can be bought from them as well if you want. But the shipping to BC will cost you big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollie View Post
Well now I'm really curious as I want to get interior parts to make her shine inside. Do parts fit for all the early years?
__________________
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:28 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Johnny M's Avatar
 
Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Posts: 1,147
All of the Bolers I have seen have inset tail lights anx are further apart your tail lights look more like a Scamp to me but Scamp made Bolers for a year or two. Look at the coupler on the driver's side and go back slowly on the frame and see if you see a small metal plate riveted to it. Maybe painted over but that should have the serial number which could help.identify the year. Also look at the front of the axle on the curb side for the same thing from the axle manufacturer.
__________________
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:34 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Johnny M's Avatar
 
Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Posts: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
Yes I did not notice the door hinges till you pointed it out. As long as they are original and no tail light buckets that makes it a late 1968. But like I said before many are not registered properly, hence it being registered as it is.

Looks to me like the rear bumper has been moded and re-welded?

In most cases it does not cause an issue, not until the insurance company comes into the picture for an insurance claim.
Rick I did t know the 68/69's didn't have the bucket tail lights I thought that was part of the original molds
__________________
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:34 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Rick Mooyman's Avatar
 
Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Posts: 962
Registry
1968 Bolers had the flush taillight like in his pic. The bucket was not added till very late 1968 or early 1969.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny M View Post
All of the Bolers I have seen have inset tail lights anx are further apart your tail lights look more like a Scamp to me but Scamp made Bolers for a year or two. Look at the coupler on the driver's side and go back slowly on the frame and see if you see a small metal plate riveted to it. Maybe painted over but that should have the serial number which could help.identify the year. Also look at the front of the axle on the curb side for the same thing from the axle manufacturer.
__________________

__________________
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's the Most Fattening Time of the Year Nancy in Oregon Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 7 12-14-2005 11:16 PM
What year Boler 17 ft Legacy Posts General Chat 2 05-26-2003 04:29 PM
Determine year of trailer Legacy Posts Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 6 04-24-2003 06:33 PM
New Year's Eve Campout Legacy Posts Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 17 01-06-2003 02:43 PM
Ring in the New Year Legacy Posts Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 8 10-22-2002 10:33 AM

» Trailer Showcase

Casper

Casper

Cadet

Cadet85
» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.