What's for breakfast? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #21

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
Ok...I admit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
My stomach has never been able to handle a large breakfast. A glass of juice is a must, usually OJ. With that might be 2 slices of toast, a bowl of cereal or oatmeal, or once a week I'll make a waffle or 3-5 small pancakes. BTW, my wife started making syrup out of Mapleine a year ago, and we like it way better than the bottled stuff.

Today I broke from the usual and made a strawberry-banana smoothie (2 bananas, 4 large strawberries, 1/2 cup milk and a bit of sugar). It filled me up.
I admit that I am TRYING to do some healthy stuff. My wife is fixing these Green Smoothie things.......they are kinda gross. She says they are healthy. My problem is they just don't stick with me. The smoothies last about an hour and I'm starved. I'm thinking maybe of coming up with a Bacon Smoothie. I'll keep you guys posted on what the receipe is. Maybe a chocolate bacon smoothie? Anyone wishing to help me with this?
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #22

Pennsylvania
I found it!

Go here and they have the bacon smoothie!

Bacon Smoothie Recipe - Back to Bakas | Back to Bakas

I'll try it monday!
Old 06-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #23

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
I'm sorry, Lew...
Green things aren't good for you when you're camping...
Never mix bacon with anything green under this very specialized circumstance!
If you simply must have the crunch of the "L" on a BLT, for example, you'd be wise to use Doritos instead of the lettuce leaf.
I'm telling you this for your own good, you understand...

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #24

Trailer: Toyota Sunrader and 16 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to Perry J Send a message via Yahoo to Perry J
I just read about a 13 YO that has started a business making manly scented candles.
He has a bacon scented candle for those of you that don't have the time to fry up a batch
man-can.com is his website.
John
Perry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:41 AM   #25

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry J View Post
I just read about a 13 YO that has started a business making manly scented candles.
He has a bacon scented candle for those of you that don't have the time to fry up a batch
man-can.com is his website.
John
That's interesting. We have our home up for sale at this time and I'm wondering if we should burn one of those during the open house?

Opinions anyone?
Old 06-05-2011, 04:42 AM   #26

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
I'm sorry, Lew...
Green things aren't good for you when you're camping...
Never mix bacon with anything green under this very specialized circumstance!
If you simply must have the crunch of the "L" on a BLT, for example, you'd be wise to use Doritos instead of the lettuce leaf.
I'm telling you this for your own good, you understand...

Francesca
thanks Francesca........I had a good laugh this morning. Nice way to start the day!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:53 AM   #27
Baj

Name: Baj
Trailer: 96 Scamp 16' SD
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
That's dinner!
If you used up the bacon grease making gravy at breakfast, what would you fry the grits, spam, and eggs in?
This way, all the tasty leftover grease from breakfast- along with the plate scrapings- forms a base for a nice "milk gravy"- just sprinkle some flour in there, scrounge it around, and add milk!
The perfect complement (or camouflage) to the fire-blackened meat of your choice and your dutch oven biscuits...

Francesca
I sure could go for your biscuits n gravy with a pile o bacon on the side right now
Baj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:15 AM   #28

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baj
Good to know Peter...I was hoping since its a small space and with the range hood going and the roof vent open it would air out quickly(since my wife is vegetarian and not a big fan of the smell of fried goods )...guess its back to the outside stove for me and my bacon...
"Fried" is my favorite kind...of anything.

D*

The Don Pod
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:27 AM   #29

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Two fry or not to FRY!!!

Hi: All...What I know about small fridges and green is you'd have better luck keeping bacon!!! At least it's still ok if it gets frozen. Lettuce OTOH
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #30

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: All...What I know about small fridges and green is you'd have better luck keeping bacon!!! At least it's still ok if it gets frozen. Lettuce OTOH
I don't really care for lettuce.

BTW Alf....what's the 30 day diet. My son gets married the end of July and I need to shed a few pounds starting the end of this month. Trust me, if it's a30 day diet, I won't start it till the last minute, and when it's over........Look out!
Old 06-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #31

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Too, too true...
Does the fact that lettuce and other green things always freeze in our camping trailers tell us anything about the wisdom of defying the Rules of Camp Cookery? Our Trailers respect the rules, if we don't...
Better not to take chances, I think.

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #32

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: BigLew... Lettuce!!! Shed a few pounds? HaHaHa... all I lost were DAYS!!!
Actually mine was a lifestyle change from a rude wakeup call. I've lost 37#s and 2 whole pant sizes in the last 12mo.
Get to like veggies and lots of 'em. Skip the mashed pots. and pasta and go for whole grains.
Sell your frypan to a skinny neighbour and BBQ everything!!!
No sugar...No salt... No fat= No fun... but good for the mens fashion industry.
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #33

Trailer: 13 ft Trillium
I could eat BigLew's breakfast when I was younger but that type of breakfast would make me lazy these days.
Mine is a banana chopped up, fruit yogurt with bran flakes with and all floating in soy milk. Yum... Smile.
If I'm feeling wild and crazy, and have fresh strawberries or blueberries, I may go overboard and make pancakes, with fruit in the batter, and smothered with fruit yogurt. Ahhh.
Barrie
HikeSticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #34

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Bochoff View Post
I could eat BigLew's breakfast when I was younger but that type of breakfast would make me lazy these days.
Mine is a banana chopped up, fruit yogurt with bran flakes with and all floating in soy milk. Yum... Smile.
If I'm feeling wild and crazy, and have fresh strawberries or blueberries, I may go overboard and make pancakes, with fruit in the batter, and smothered with fruit yogurt. Ahhh.
Barrie
Jeesh Barry, that sound disgusting! lol
Have you ever tried the Almond milk? I believe it tastes better than the soy.
I do use it to make our fruit smoothies.
But honestly, If I eat eggs and bacon.....I can make it till supper. Ok, Ok...stretching the truth.....I can make it till I get hungry again.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #35

Trailer: 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLew View Post
Jeesh Barry, that sound disgusting! lol
Have you ever tried the Almond milk? I believe it tastes better than the soy.
I do use it to make our fruit smoothies.
But honestly, If I eat eggs and bacon.....I can make it till supper. Ok, Ok...stretching the truth.....I can make it till I get hungry again.
Now BigLew... I'm not saying I wouldn't be able to eat your breakfast and I certainly would enjoy it... just before I laid down for my nap... Smile. I haven't tried almond mile. I use the fat free soy and it works for cereal. (for me).
Enjoy!
Barrie
HikeSticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #36

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I precook my sausage til it is barely done and then freeze it at home in a resealable bag. At breakfast, I just take out a few links and reheat on the stove, add in a piece of multigrain toast and a big bowl of cantelope. and COFFEEEEE!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote