Whats MOST important item to you when buying a new unit - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-28-2006, 11:08 PM   #29
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
I think it all comes down to what you plan to use the trailer for and what things are really important to you.
I totally agree with that.
There are lots of alternatives and nobody can decide for you what suits you best.
I do think topics like this are good. They bring out more alternatives than one might think otherwise think of.
Since much of my daily life involves fixing things it's nice to get away from that. Therefore the less systems to fail and require fixing the better. But, that's me and my situation. Others might like fussing with systems want as many as possible so they always have something to fuss with. Or in your case, the desire for some systems out weighs the cost of time and money to maintain those systems. It's all good, if suits your style.

Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:59 AM   #30
Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Then adds more space and continues to grow until you forget what the hobby or activity was all about because it's chanaged to being about the stuff.

I caught myself looking at more stuff recently then stopped when I realized that the stuff would not enhance the activity just enhance the stuff.
Well said, Bryan. Quality of 'stuff' makes a difference in enjoyment. Quantity just makes for extra junk.

Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:48 AM   #31
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
I have been thinking about this question a lot since we just made the journey from tent to trailer. Although we loved tenting, our tent was large enough, dry, and we had everything we needed to camp comfortably.

What we discovered, and what got us looking at an RV in the first place, we needed a place to keep things cold, we needed a fridge. We could leave home with our coolers full of ice blocks, but after 4 days we couldn’t keep things cold anymore, and it was no fun looking for bags of ice to dump all over your food and get it wet. We got lucky, the Trillium we found has a fridge that still works great on propane, 12volt, and 110volt.

Secondly we wanted to be able to be more mobile, it took far too long to setup and pack up, making it difficult to travel town to town, day after day. This took out our first thought, pop-up trailers – too much work. After lots of looking and lots of RV salesmen, we ended up with a 30 year old fiberglass trailer, which has everything and more than we needed, it is light, comfortable, looks great, easy to tow, simple to maintain, and keeps our food cold as long as we need it.

We couldn't be happier (except if we had gotten it years ago).

brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote