What's your big 2003 trip? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-04-2003, 01:01 PM   #41

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Kalispell

There are several highly-rated Good Sam commercial campgrounds in Kalispell, up the road from Bigfork, towards Glacier.

But we've always stayed inside Glacier ... with no services.

By the way, you are not allowed to pull a trailer ... even one of our little jewels ... through Glacier National Park, over Going To The Sun road.

You'll have to skirt along the outside bottom of the park to get to Bigfork

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 05:53 PM   #42

That's good information to know, Charles. Thank you. I think Bigfork is only 15 minutes east around the lake from where I will be doing my painting workshop. Kalispell is about 30 minutes north from that location. I think we will probably want to be closer than Kalispell.

Nancy

Old 03-04-2003, 07:45 PM   #43

big trips....

Our first big trip this year will be to the Casita factory next week to pick up the 17'.:)
The only other "big" trip will be a week and a half to Yosemite in May. Not quite as ambitious as our 2 week trip up the west coast last April in the 13', but will be exciting, since I've never seen Yosemite.:r

Old 03-04-2003, 07:59 PM   #44

Trip

We are heading up to Scampville to pick up our new 16' Scamp Deluxe and some Star Parties after that.

Old 03-04-2003, 09:13 PM   #45

:wave So far we have planned a trip to the small town of Kiln, MS the end of April and then the Lexington, KY and DC trip latter part of June and first of July.

(Lou)
Hope to meet you there.
Gerald & Ruth :chased

Old 03-06-2003, 03:00 PM   #46

Alaska

I am going from Ann Arbor, Michigan to Fairbanks Alaska and back. Actually i bought the Casita for this specific trip. Although after going on a few test outings it has really grown on me. I may just keep it for a while....

Old 03-06-2003, 03:05 PM   #47

Hello, bdavid!

Welcome!

I see you're from Ann Arbor!

Some of my best friends live in Ann Arbor... well, nearby anyway (South Lyon).

Good luck on your trek to Alaska. Of course, we expect a full report, including photos... while in transit, if at all possible! (It's gonna be a long, hot summer for some of us! Although that's almost hard to imagine right now!)

Again, welcome to the website!

:ola

Old 03-06-2003, 03:44 PM   #48

Ann Arbor

Thanks for the welcome.

I don't know about pictures while on the road. I don't have a laptop.

I'll surely post pictures when i get back though...

Old 03-06-2003, 04:30 PM   #49

>>I'll surely post pictures when i get back though...

Deal! What an adventure!

:cblob

Old 03-06-2003, 06:42 PM   #50

Alaska

Quote:
Orginally posted by bdavid

I am going from Ann Arbor, Michigan to Fairbanks Alaska and back. Actually i bought the Casita for this specific trip. Although after going on a few test outings it has really grown on me. I may just keep it for a while....
My wife, Teddy & I are also driving to Alaska this summer pulling our Scamp. :steer We plan on leaving around the end of May and spending two to three months. Perhaps we'll see you there. Just look for a Scamp 5th Wheel with Appleton, WI lettered on the back. Incidently we are originally from Traverse City. :)

Old 03-07-2003, 06:19 AM   #51

Quote:
Orginally posted by bdavid
Ann Arbor, Michigan to Fairbanks Alaska and back

I'll surely post pictures when i get back though...
This sounds so fun. You and Larry both, going to Alaska, with your TTs. even more fun. now if you do run into each other. what a hoot. :)

Old 03-16-2003, 08:53 PM   #52

Where

Hi all....Hoping to catch two Glass trailer meets....First in Langley,B.C. in May and the other On Vancouver Island. Too bad the get togethers aren`t every weekend, then could catch four in a month. This way it`s one per month....After that may head down the Highway ,(#1, I think ), along the coast south to San Francisco and then thru Utah back to Winnipeg or who knows where.....Benny

Old 04-21-2003, 11:17 AM   #53

route 66 - ?

:wave
Our plan was/is to leave Ont. June 1 visit family in Kalamazoo and then head for Chicago and follow route 66 to Ca. to be at the L.A.Roadsters Club Father's Day Show in Pamona.Leaving there on the 15th to take the coastal highway to San Fransico,just missing both egg get-togethers. in Mt. Shasta and Nev., up to Vancouver B.C. then head east to Banff and drop south at Winnipeg and visit a friend who just moved to Warroad minn. and home through U.P. Mich down to Port Huron and Sarnia Ont.
A few problems - Norm has to be back at work on the 2nd of July, another thread told us how hard a run that would be.
- the tow vehicle a 32 ford roadster is still under construction.Currently the body is at the paint shop and Norm is working on the electrical and the mechanical. It's a long haul for a test-drive.
- the political landscape - for a time the concern was how far we'd be from home and the kids if war came to North America. Now it's more the worrisome stories we hear about problems that vehicles with Canadian liscence plates have encountered in the south since our gov't's decision not to go to war. We are much better equipped and trained to go in later as peace-keepers- as we stayed for years in Cyprus and Bosnia.Unfortunately that message didn't come across.
Plan B may be to take shorter runs, to street-rods shows in Ont. NY. state and Mich to work out the bugs and go next year on route66. Norm has been working on this car for 4 yeards to do this run.
Hope to see you on the road - in the yellow roaster pulling the oxygen. Wave-it'll have to be us!
Jean

Old 04-21-2003, 10:22 PM   #54

Route 66

Hi folks,...Just curious if you will be on Vancouver Island on June 13-15 at Qualicum Bay. Would love to see your deuce and trailer...Benny

Old 04-22-2003, 06:40 AM   #55

not too far at first

as soon as i get the love bug road ready, the dogz and i will camp out in the yard, then we'll visit a few campgrounds here in northern michigan. if all goes well, a fall trip to the upper peninsula (mich).

for 2004: i hope to take the dogz to florida for a couple weeks - they love the beach:reye2

Old 04-22-2003, 06:59 AM   #56

Our first trip

As most of you know by now, our first big trip will be from the Denver area to Mesa, AZ to pick up our , new to us, 17 ft FD Casita. We are so excited, it feels like we are going on an Alaskan trip. We plan to pick it up, visit my elderly Aunt in Scottsdale for a couple days, and then take a few days heading home to shake down the trailer and have some private time.. We really have high hopes that this is the set up for us.

We are the kind of people who work too hard and too much at home and our jobs and seem to never take enough time for ourselves. We have promised each other that with the Casita, we are going to start taking tons of time for ourselves. You know, in a 100 years, all that yard work and painting and etc and etc won't matter at all. Good memories of great trips and times together are PRICELESS! Sorry, didn't mean to wax poetic.

I just wish I could decide whether or not to change tow vehicles. If I keep the Merc Villager, I am going to have to spend about $750 on hitch upgrade and brake controllers, etc. If I change Tows, it going to cost me a lot more but i'll have more fun pulling the TT. I think I'm talking myself into changing. The big decision is really whether to buy a Toyota 4runner or a Chevy Trail Blazer.

I sure love this forum.

Keith

Old 04-22-2003, 08:14 AM   #57

Your trip to Arizona

Hi Keith,
Check your private messages.:wave

Old 04-22-2003, 08:19 AM   #58

MYOB

(or I guess I should MMOB)

But, Darline! You didn't sell your Casita to Keith, did you? :shg

Old 04-22-2003, 08:37 AM   #59

Benny

Glad you posted the date of the Vancouver Island meet.I'd tried finding it on the calendar-that's a hint to whoever is in the know about other events too. Darn.Those are the dates we'd plan to be in L.A. However we'd eliminated the Island as a way to cut a few miles and time remebering the need to be home -the long way-from L.A. in 17 days. Norm has a friend in Ricmond we'd like to see when we're in the'32. If time runs out,I have distant relatives, across the western provinces,and families of friends in Melvile,Sask all still on the land where we could abandon all and fly home if we had to.I can't stay awake to drive 15 hours a day especially at the end of the trip. We could get the car shipped home, but not the Oxygen.
Any car showsor cruise nights in sask or man. along #1 the week of the 22nd - 26th of June?
Jean

Old 04-22-2003, 08:40 AM   #60

Big Trips

Lets see..................hmmmmmmmmmmm......Been to Beavers Bend SP, in Oklahoma. Next big trip is Cedar Hill SP, end of May. Next trip is into Palo Duro Canyon (for 5 days) Tx. over the fourth of July. Next big one is end of August, begining of Sept. for the Labor Day campout, at Moss Bluff, LA. Next is end of October at Ft. Parker, in Grosebeck,TX. Two weeks later Fort Richardson, Jacksboro TX, 2nd wknd in Nov. Nov.22, back to Fort Parker. Then our final trip of the year, second weekend in Dec. Holidays At The Fort in Fort Parker.
The trips starting with the end of October are with the Gunfighters. We belong to the Regulators and Outlaws. We also have a production that Karen and I put on, called Wandrin' Star.

And any where else we can conjur up to go poke around in between schduled trips. CU Later, Robert