Where are all the Burros? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #41

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I pulled this up to say that I wonder if the gentleman who claimed to have found the Sac City molds and was planning a book has made any progress. I would like to see the production figures on the Escondido Burro also. I have noticed that a large no. of B17s appear for sale in northern Florida. Absolute breakdown range for snowbirders perhaps?

Incidentally, if you are the sort who has a stack or research, or better, a finished manuscript and have been put off by the cost of "vanity press" publication, you should take a look at LULU on-demand publishing www.lulu.com Don't need a second mortgage to finance.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #42

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
I pulled this up to say that I wonder if the gentleman who claimed to have found the Sac City molds and was planning a book has made any progress. I would like to see the production figures on the Escondido Burro also. I have noticed that a large no. of B17s appear for sale in northern Florida. Absolute breakdown range for snowbirders perhaps?

jack
Jack, I was the guy who found the Sac City molds. I thoroughly investigated resurrecting the Burro a few years ago, but decided against it for a variety of reasons. The production numbers on the Escondido Burros are a very small fraction of the total Burro production from Plymouth and Sac City. IIRC the Escondido operation was very small and only lasted a year or two. I'd doubt that there are more than fifty or sixty of them in the wild.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #43

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Roger H.

How about the book that was mentioned? I was told by Donna D(??) on another thread that somebody had a book on the convoluted history of the Burro marque in the works. Was that you? If yes is it still an ongoing project? If no, do you know who the culprit was? I'd love to know more about Burro-ology and where my '83 fits into the scheme of things. I'm about the 5th or 6th owner of mine, but I have a fair amount of its individual history documented.

Regards,
Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #44

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
I sold my Burro to a nice family in TN. We have to make sure our Burros are adopted into loving homes.

Actually, didn't Peter Paul & Mary sing a tune about this topic? I think they wondered the same thing.

Where have all the Burros gone?
Long time passing.....
Long time ago.....
Gone to good homes, every one!

Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #45

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
If you think about it our individual sighting "exposure" is pretty low. If I go for a 3 or 4 day weekend (probably the most common camping) out of 72 to 96 hours I'm exposed I'm probably only on the road for 8 hrs or less total when you might see me.

If you carry that out to say 25 FG eggs doing a weekend trip on a given weekend, then out of 1800 hours of exposure there are only 200 hrs. or less where you might see one going down the road. And they have thousands of miles of road in Mich where they could be located during that 200 hrs. Someone that really loves stats could have fun with this, but that ain't me.

That is what makes it a real thrill to spot one, or go to a rally and get to see bunches of them. Shameless plug for Mich. Glassic Egg Scramble right here
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #46

Trailer: Trillium 1972
Registry
Itd be nice if along with our user ids on this site there was a way to identify where each user is from. Id like to know where all the Fiberstreams are located and hope to meet another proud owner!
Cyndivg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #47

Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
My burro in rineyville kentucky is bucking to get out of my yard. I don't know what the count is now.
Troy Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #48

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
My ID shows me as being in VA, in Lynchburg, actually. Right now the Frog's Egg is incubating at Ft Shenandoah near Winchester, VA. It's used as headquarters for my various shooting competitions, but very seldom on the road.

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #49

Name: Tina
Trailer: Burro
Arizona
Registry
I have an Escondido Burro here!

The previous owners Aunt picked it up from Escondido plant, and drove it back to Arizona. It sounded like she traveled annually up to Spokane Washington and back down to Arizona.

Then gave it to their nephew for a wedding present somewhere between the end of 1998 to 2012. And now we have it!

...I lost count, how many does that make?
Tina in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #50

Delaware
Got our '98 17WB in February 2011. Has serial and dry wgt. sticker in both door frame and on tongue. Drove about 90 miles instate to look and buy same day. Paid 5K. Yeh, I know you wish you had my lucky charm but the exterior looked pretty rough and the interior was just dingy. But for 5K? Absolutely everything worked except the rocker switch for the water pump circuit, the 3-way (weak performance on 110VAC), and a small leak from the ball valve in the Valterra commode. By June 2011, I had it shipshape inside and out and added microwave, FantasticFan, 80 watt pv panel and 14" wheels and tires with a higher load rating than OE. This spring I removed the 3-way and replaced with a dorm fridge and 1500 watt inverter and several itty bitty refinements. It has turned out a very good bargain. I figure I have less than 7K in it all up. The rear dinette is now a permanent bed; new countertop and boat seats on the locker decks up forward; also permanent. I do have the sockets and legs for the rear dinette so could be put back to convertible both ends by the FO when we fall off the twig. Hope that aint tomorrow but long may it tow in any case.

jack
Old 06-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #51

Delaware
Wink

Hey Charlie, what competitive shooting sports do you engage in? I ask because I'm a happy old duffer skeet, trap and SC shooter and certainly not competitive by a very long shot. I shot "74 [almost] strait" at skeet about five yrs back. Actually it was 50 strait with a good recovery for 24 on the third squad as I missed high 1 and got it on the option. SOOOO, I guess I'm a competitive lier at least, COL. Afterwards that miss really hurt but we're conditioned to hate missing the second shot on low 8 so I would probably have been even more unhappy with a REAL 74.

jack