Where in Corpus Christi? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-28-2007, 10:59 AM   #1

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Headed to Corpus Christi to (we hope) pick up a barely used Casita. Thought it would be fun to spend the night at an RV park "with a view" of the Gulf. (we're landlocked Okies!) Any suggestions for our first night with the Casita?
Chris C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:31 PM   #2

I think I've found a place...............Mustang State Park, right there across the bay from Corpus Christi. Anyone camp there before?
Old 09-28-2007, 03:26 PM   #3

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Chris,
My understanding of Mustang Island SP is that it's not much more than a parking lot. I would drive a short distance up the coast to Goose Island SP at Rockport. No beach but nice vistas.

Tom Trostel

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findade...s/goose_island/
Old 09-28-2007, 03:41 PM   #4

Aw heck, Tom............I already made my reservation for Mustang. That's okay. I just wanted a place to spend the night. Walmart would have worked, but we thought it would be more pleasant on the beach. (obviously!) Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:13 PM   #5
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Well, it is and it isn't on the beach. Actually, there's a dune that blocks the view of the water, but the nice thing is that it is a parking lot on the beach so you can walk up and down the beach. Having grown up in Corpus, I can tell you that you might be greatful for that dune if the wind picks up. It'll sure help when it comes to the blowing sand. The sand along those beaches is very fine and it has been known to blow ... and drift.

You can actually get a permit to park on the beach, but it isn't something I care to put my trailer through. I love the beach, but I also like leaving the sand behind when I leave.

I think you'll enjoy it.

Since you'll be fairly close to Port Aransas, if you need somewhere to eat, you can try Virginia's. It's different from Snoopys, but I like it a lot.

When you leave, you can always take the ferry when you head north. They're free and it's a very short ride. They are small ferries, but you shouldn't have any problem with a Casita.

Take time to enjoy!
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:54 AM   #6

Thanks, Suz.

We are facing a drive straight through to Norman, OK.............(Oklahoma City area) and it's going to be around 9 hours or more. Don't want to waste too much time going out of the way. Maybe some other trip we'll ride the Ferry. I've done it before, but never with a trailer. It's a fun trip for someone landlocked!