Where is the most beautiful place you ever camped? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #41

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
By far, the top 50 or more places I have camped are not accessible by vehicle, only by trail or by water.

When trailer camping, I always try to go for a state or provincial campsite. The are usually situation in a great area of interest, and have decent sized sites surrounded by lots of trees. Amenities are usually decent too.

I avoid private sites, the type that slot you in tight. Most of these are located at a convenient location, close to main highways and urban areas.

There are a few good private sites I have seen, but not too many.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #42

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Each place I have camped that was not an RV parking lot had it's own beauty, the mountains, deserts, great plains, forests, or even swamps. Coast lines rocky or with sandy beaches that stretched for miles. Rivers slow and lazy or fast and furious. Each had it's own beauty. I think that is what I like most about camping, it gives me the time to slow down to the point where I can see and appreciate the beauty that is there and often missed.

That said Michigan has it all to my mind, north rim of the grand canyon is beyond impressive and arriving home after a journey offers the beauty of the familiar once again. Right Dorthy?
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote