Where is the most beautiful place you ever camped? - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #1

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
Where is the most beautiful place you ever camped?

I spend so much time dreaming of visiting so many areas of the country. We've been to places such as Jackson Hole, Yellowstone, Rocky Mt Nat'l Park, and in one month we will be cruising Alaska.
What's YOUR favorite place to camp (beauty wise)?
Thanks everyone!

Old 07-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #2

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Hummm, lots in my minds eye. But currently it would have to be in Oregon Silver Falls State Park. It kinda depends on what you are looking for...

"The Canyon Trail is a nationally recognized trail system that leads hikers along the banks of the north and south forks of Silver Creek. It takes you to 10 majestic waterfalls, ranging from the grand South Falls (177 feet), to the delicate Drake Falls (27 feet). Four of these falls have an amphitheater-like surrounding where you can walk behind the falls and feel the misty, crisp spray."

Check out the links and videos!

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #3

Pennsylvania
Thank you Donna for sharing your favorite place with me. I really enjoy reading about places people have visited. Your favorite place sounds beautiful.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #4

Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico
You should find beauty around every turn in Alaska. We haven't done much camping there, my son has done his share since he moved up their in Aug. 2009.
We camped with them last July.
Here are 3 place we stayed:

The City Campground/Fishing Park at Soldotna was very large in a wooded area, no showers which I know of, few toilets, but the sites are nice, level, some large, with picnic tables & fire pits. One area with electric, no trees, a parking lot. Extremely nice fishing area with walking area in woods and metal ramps and stairs down to the river at intervals. $17 a night per camping unit. Centennial Park

The Russian River National Forest Campground had many loops and lots of sites, very nice ones in wooded settings and not crowded together, very nice campground. Nice clean Pit Toilets. Tables & Fire Pits. Paved level sites. $18 a site and half off with my Senior Pass. Very nice trails/stairs down to the Russian River, with a trail away from the bank, either a boardwalk affair or 'paved' walk with ramp and stairs out and down to the river. A very nice set up for fishing.
Russian River Campground
Campground wise, maybe the best. IMHO. Might even get to see one of these, if not a Grizzly:

The Whittier Campground was rough, getting to (potholes) and roads & sites with rocks; no tables, rock fire rings, but a beautiful setting. $15 a site. Hard to find in fact, few & small signs for it. The campground was not beautiful, but the mountains behind it & the glacier across from Whittier in front:

One Site^

Behind^

^ The campground would be somewhat behind the tall building on the left in the photo & slightly to the right of it. Looking again, it would be near the "cut" in the mountain as well. But one could get to it by going by the old Army building (most of the residents live in it (workers, etc), even has a post office in it I believe & a tunnel to the school behind it which you pass to get to the campground. There is a good size stream running down from the mountain with several waterfalls on the way down to the 'creek'.

Not much of a campground, but the views are world class. IMHO.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #5

Pennsylvania
Those are beautiful photos Adrian! My guess is when we get to Alaska we also will not want to return home. My guess is that when we get to visit some of these places we will not want return home. Yes, we love where we are here in PA, but there's just this part of me that wants to go, go, go! lol
Lew
PS.....I can't wait to get our Egg, and do some Steelhead fishing!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #6

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Michigan
That's impossible for me to answer because there are so many places. My wife & I have been finding them together for almost 49 years. Still haven't found "the one" but we're still looking and hope to keep looking for many years.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #7

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
That's impossible for me to answer because there are so many places. My wife & I have been finding them together for almost 49 years. Still haven't found "the one" but we're still looking and hope to keep looking for many years.

Hi Bob,
Maybe I didn't word it right. How about, the most beautiful place you have been to "so far"? Is there a favorite?
Old 07-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #8

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Michigan
Still can't answer that because there have been so many. Gotta like places in Alaska, the Canadian Rockies, Colorado, Montana, Idaho, and, well, you get the idea. There just isn't any ONE place. I do love mountains, forests, rivers, lakes, wide vistas, or anyplace that's suitable for my camera. I guess my favorite place to go to must be Colorado because we've gone there so many times. In fact, we're heading there on Aug 8 for a fiberglass rally at Camp Hale. For anyone who doesn't know what Camp Hale is, google it.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #9

Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico
Smile A few more Neat if not Most Beautiful Campgrounds:

BigLew, Here's a nice campground, not too far from our home, not to shabby of a place, Lincoln Nat'l Forest by Cloudcroft, New Mexico at about 9,200', I believe:

Saddle Campground

With Clouds hanging low.
or Silver Campground, in same area:

Juniper Campground at T. Roosevelt Nat'l Park-North unit in ND is neat, too:

Because of the WildLife which might be near:

Or at Cotton Wood CG at T. Roosevelt Nat'l Park-South unit:

For the same reason:

Old 07-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #10

New Mexico
Never camped here, but we did drive up to it many years ago. It is in a very high alpine area just in Colorado from Chama, NM. Trujillo Meadows campground, Colorado, Rio Grande National Forest:
Trujillo Meadows Campground Colorado Video Tour - YouTube
And one would get to hear one of these passing near by (twice a day):

You would be able to go see them pass by as well if wanting to do so.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #11

Pennsylvania
Your so fortunate Adrian. Thank you and others for the sharing.
Appreciate it.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #12

New Mexico
"Por Nada", BigLew. How about you listing one of your "Most Beautiful" Campgrounds.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #13

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian W View Post
"Por Nada", BigLew. How about you listing one of your "Most Beautiful" Campgrounds.
One of these days when we have a chance to again camp, I would be glad to.
When I was much younger we would camp at Ohiopyle State Park in Western PA with our children and brothers family. We did that quite often. It had the best scenery in the State of PA. during the fall. Some people would not agree with that, but I'll stand by my statement.

Ohiopyle State Park, Pennsylvania

also

Ohiopyle State Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some of our best times were at this state park.
Thank you for asking Adrian.
Lew & Linda
Old 07-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #14

New Mexico
BigLew, Just remembered a really neat campground, we spend a couple of days back in '97. As I remember, it had a great view from the upper loop of the campground of the Snake River with White Pelicans flying over it & floating on the river. A somewhat dry area (reminded me of New Mexico & Arizona), Massacre Rocks State Park near American Falls, Idaho.
Massacre Rocks State Park
Massacre Rocks State Park - YouTube
Massacre Rocks State Park - YouTube
Like rgrugg, I can't name "a" Most Beautiful.....just too many which are OutStanding on their own.
Find some Neat Ones in Alaska!
Ohiopyle State Park looks like a neat one, with the fall colors especially.