Where to find?? - for Lil Bigfoot Trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-14-2009, 04:23 PM   #1

Trailer: Lil Bigfoot
Greetings all -

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a resource or has a fiberglass propane/battery cover for the Lil Bigfoot. Here's a picture of one with it:

Ours did not come with one.

Cheers,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
1_13ftBigfoot.jpg  
Mike Whitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler and 1988 Bigfoot
Hi Mike Rick here you are going to have a real hard time finding that cover as they are ordered or not ordered when buying trailer and now that Bigfoot is gone, well good luck there is a site that you might get some imfo at he might be able to help you and it is a great site for Bigfoot owners.
mark[at]holmesbigfoot.com anyway good luck but with having a rare LiL Bigfoot might be hard to find.. Rick
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Perhaps you put out a request on the forum for someone to take indepth pictures of the cover and then fabricate it yourself. Fiberglass is fairly easy to work with and if you could build a mold out of door skin you might get a great result.
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Greetings all -

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a resource or has a fiberglass propane/battery cover for the Lil Bigfoot. Here's a picture of one with it:

Ours did not come with one.

Cheers,
Mike
A year or two ago, I tried to buy one from Bigfoot, and they said that they no longer had any fiberglass parts available for that style of trailer.
It has not been made for some time.
I doubt this would work in this modern time, but I used to buy NOS car parts by inquiring at dealers ,one at a time,tedious but sometimes effective. you never know what dust covered relics you can find upstairs in the corner of the parts room.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #5

All good ideas - thanks for writing in.

I did go to the Bigfoot site and emailed 2 contacts listed with no response. I heard rumors here that they may be opening again in 2010, but as mentioned, it is unlikely that they would create 'retro' parts. I've looked on ebay etc., but again....a long shot.

As for fabricating one myself...not a bad idea. It would be my first kick at the cat and a bit of a learning curve. I suppose a start would be to carve a large piece of styrofoam for a mold. At present there are things higher on the mod list though . Thanks for the suggestion.

Kent here in Summerland had a good suggestion - Northern Lite out here makes modern eggs, so I'll see if they make one that fits (located in Kelowna). I'll update this post if I go that route or find anything.

Cheers -
Old 07-16-2009, 09:20 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry

I've hankered after one of those for my Boler. OK, I know it wouldn't be "stock" (kidding) but I think it would look great.

I wonder if there would be a market for an aftermarket propane/battery cover? It could probably work for Boler's, Scamps, Casitas etc.

If you consider fabricating them maybe do a survey to see who might buy.
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:43 AM   #7

I just did a search at Norther Lite trailers in Kelowna, and the cover they make for their new egg is nice, but not quite the same style I was hoping for. The one on the Lil Bigfoot (pic in first post of this thread) just seems more streamline and suits the body style better IMO.

For anyone interested, here's the link for the NL brochure (PDF) their egg is on page 13.

http://www.northern-lite.com/brochure.pdf
Old 07-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Perhaps you put out a request on the forum for someone to take indepth pictures of the cover and then fabricate it yourself. Fiberglass is fairly easy to work with and if you could build a mold out of door skin you might get a great result.
Hey Booker,

Thanks for your suggestion. The image I posted is from an administrator here, and the images are from the home page > Bigfoot > 13.5.

Do you know how to contact the administrators? I'd like to ask if he/she can send detailed images and perhaps dimensions.

Cheers!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:32 AM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Hey Booker,

Thanks for your suggestion. The image I posted is from an administrator here, and the images are from the home page > Bigfoot > 13.5.

Do you know how to contact the administrators? I'd like to ask if he/she can send detailed images and perhaps dimensions.

Cheers!
Mike, none of the moderators or administrators here on FiberglassRV own a Lil BigFoot. What you're seeing is an administrator uploaded the picture (members can't) that's why it says "owner."

Best of luck in your search for that elusive cover
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #10

Thanks for the note, Donna.

As a last attempt I emailed a Mark (I believe) from the Bigfoot site who was offering to help people with quotes, diagnose repairs etc, for existing BF owners even though BF is down. Who knows....as suggested, I may try my hand and fabricating one once I get some notes together.

I know I read here that someone in Texas came up and bought a Lil Bigfoot for their family of 4 from a Canadian family. If anyone knows this member, perhaps they'll be kind enough to send some detailed photos/measurements.

M
Old 07-21-2009, 09:02 PM   #11

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
any luck in finding one yet?
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #12

Quote:
any luck in finding one yet?
Hey Phil - not even a glimmer of hope. There was a guy from Texas on this forum who came up and bought a Lil Bigfoot from a couple (Winnipeg maybe) and it had the cover on it. I've emailed him to try to get detailed images, dimensions etc, but haven't heard from him. Maybe he'll see this post .

Are you looking for one as well?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:27 PM   #13

Trailer: 1992 13.5 ft Bigfoot
Quote:
Hey Phil - not even a glimmer of hope. There was a guy from Texas on this forum who came up and bought a Lil Bigfoot from a couple (Winnipeg maybe) and it had the cover on it. I've emailed him to try to get detailed images, dimensions etc, but haven't heard from him. Maybe he'll see this post .

Mike / Phil,
Maybe I can be your glimmer of hope. I have taken pics of my Li'l guys storage area and once I have them printed, I will add the dimensions onto them for you. When I have that done, I'll rescan and will add them here. I'll try to pass along as many dimensions as I can. Once you have the pics, if you need any more info or just clarification on something, just ask away and we'll see what we can do for you. I'm a little busy right now but I will try and get that done for you as soon as I can. I would plan on having them for the end of this week.
Karen
Ron H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #14

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
Quote:

the lid on mine blew off going down the freeway, i reinstalled it , but its got a little road rash and id prefer to replace it

Attached Thumbnails
Bigfoot_Trailer_001.jpg  
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #15

Trailer: Casita
I have been looking for a custom replacement bottle cover for my Casita. Tab trailers have an interesting cover but very expensive. The weekend warrior trailer has a nice one also. I seen an old coach last trip that had chrome tanks and it looked like an option also. None are what your after, good luck in your search.
Attached Thumbnails
Trip_pics_July_23_09_016__Small_.jpg  
shane n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot