where to put tv - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2017, 07:42 AM   #1

Name: Kenneth Mack
Trailer: 2008 16ft Scamp
Georgia
where to put tv

where did you mount tv in 16 ft scamp standard. thunter
thunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:46 AM   #2

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape
California
Registry
We have Scamp 16 front bath & side dinette. We mounted a TV to the left of the bathroom door behind the head of a person sitting in the side dinette facing backwards.
DougOlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:25 PM   #3

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
We don't have our 16 yet, but plan to hang it from the curbside cabinet close to where Scamp places them. We can watch it laying or sitting in bed, or even from the side dinette. This photo is from the same model, Layout B we ordered.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1051.jpg  
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:18 PM   #4

Name: Jeff T
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Midwest
Scamp Television Mount

We have a 2017 16 front bath. We included the television in our order from Scamp and they mounted ours on an adjustable (I believe RCA brand) mount. It is secured to the corner through the wall with two rivets and snap caps. (looks just like the photo in the other post)

Scamp included a 12 volt plug-in just behind the television as well as a 110v outlet AND cable connection+power antenna on/off adjacent to the outlet. Both of these are contained in the upper cabinet. They did a nice install job. The power antenna is ahead of our rooftop a/c unit and has an inside control through the roof and allows you to adjust the direction of the antenna with an included signal strength LED lights.

Ok, enough about what they did include. What they didn't take into account is the television on that adjustable mount will bounce. I would find it extended outward and could easily bang around. To prevent this I created a Velcro 1-inch strap. This is suspended between the side and rear windows having used Velcro on the window frames. So when we travel the television is in the corner and can't move outward which has worked really well.

Believe me I took the mount off the wall and tried to tighten adjust and otherwise see if the thing was put together wrong. All to no avail and decided it was a household item that wasn't really designed for an RV. Thus the Velcro strap.

Don't get me wrong the television works fine, the mount onto that back corner is strong and I'm now happy with the extra security I added to keep it in one place. The extra two rivets would have been nice to avoid but hanging extra weight from the overhead cabinet wouldn't be my choice either.
Jeff T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:36 PM   #5

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
This Quick Disconnect adapter will probably work with most small TV/DVD combo units. I used it in our 13. One side goes on the TV, and the other on the swivel mount. Because of all the bouncing; we take the TV off and stow it in a padded laptop case when traveling. It takes about 15 seconds to remove the TV, antenna or cable connector, and the power cord.
We will be using this on the 16' Scamp.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the mount I plan to use. I hope to attach it to the bottom of the cabinet. It swivels and tilts for viewing anywhere.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CO72X6G...=19PZK1GX00EH2

Scamp will be wiring up the rear corner as if I ordered the entire TV package from them.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:42 PM   #6

Name: Kenneth Mack
Trailer: 2008 16ft Scamp
Georgia
thanks

The rear sounds good . Will put it there . thanks everyone for your help. thunter
thunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp