Which Casita would be best for heavy computer use? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-22-2015, 06:06 AM   #29
Commercial Member
Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita 17 LD
You and I should put our heads together. I have put as much effort into my power system as you have your ability to get connect ability to the internet. I also have a Casita Liberty and have a system that will meet my electrical power needs. The heart of the system is 2 Trojan T-105 6 volt batteries wired in series to provide 12 volts. I charge them with 5 solar panels arranged in a fixed array mounted on the roof in a way that allows me to collect the sun rays in all directions. At any time I am only collecting on 2 or 3 panels but I don't have to worry about orientation to the sun. I charge and monitor the batteries with Bogart Engineering Trimetric controller and monitor (I highly recommend). The system has been laid out to minimize cable lengths and I am an advocate of large gage wire to connect components. I use 2 inverters. One small 350 watt modified sine wave for the small consuming appliances that don't need pure sine wave and a 1500 watt Magnum Pure Sine wave inverter for the things that require the pure sine watts. The batteries are located in the stock location. To do that I replaced the battery box with one that would hold the Trojans and vented them basically the same as the stock location. Everything is properly fused to protect the 12 volt side of my system. I mounted my Honda 2000I on the tongue under a modified propane cover to protect it. I located it on the tongue to offset the additional weight of the batteries in the back. I disconnected the POS converter because it was not designed to properly charge my batteries so I have two electrical systems (12 volt and 120 volt) The 120 volt system is protected by a Progressive dynamics surge suppressor that protects my sensitive electronics from voltage variations (high and low) and reversed polarity. I have been using this system for over a year and it has performed flawlessly including 9 weeks on the road this last winter with 50% of the time boon docking. Actually we now prefer dry camping in remote locations and we don't feel deprived of the appliances and electronics that consume electricity. Now my biggest concern is water - my next project...

Visit Beetlefreak.com to see our complete line of Casita latches and other interesting items.
Larry,C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:17 AM   #30
Name: p@
Trailer: Casita
South Carolina
if i may add something to what's been said already...once you've decided on a "connection strategy" , i'd suggest you pay some attention to the seating situation. if you're gonna spend a lot of time in front of the one eyed monster proper seating is a must. my spirit deluxe leaves a lot to be desired in the comfortable seating department. i've tried with some success to improve the situation but, i'm not there yet.

patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:54 PM   #31
Name: Cathy
Trailer: In the Market
I don't know if this is remotely what you have in mind of doing but I saw this on Fiberglass RVs 4 sale and thought of you: 2013 Casita Freedom Deluxe | Mississippi Gulf Coast. | Fiberglass RV's For Sale I thought the owner had done a nice job of setting up that table.

Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote