Which is best? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-10-2008, 08:57 AM   #29
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
I don't think we've discussed the Oliver pricing much here on FiberglassRV other than to say, it's quite a bit higher than Scamp or Casita, and even higher than the Escape.

Here's a link from the Casita Club however: New Fiberglass Trailer?, Saw it in Pineknot pictures!

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:01 AM   #30
Trailer: 2007 Casita
I checked out the Oliver website, but apparently they are shy about posting the prices.
Any idea where I can find them? Maybe I didn't look in the right place. FrancesM
Frances, Their not shy, If you call them. They will walk you thru what you want and give you a price. They are different from other manufactures in that they have a base with what other manufactures call options, yet they have options that others don't. They can also customize it just about any way you want. They are worth checking out. I have done a lot of web search and I have yet to find an Oliver owner that dosen't Love their Ollie. Yes they are newer to the fiberglass world of trailers but I think their reallly taking the buyers needs/wants etc into consideration. See for your self! Your close enough to go over and talk to them. Nice people. Though I will have to say, The 3 manufactures that I have spoken to, have all been nice. Though Oliver was way more informative. I learned a lot about fiberglass trailers from them.

You can Call Casita, and they will set you up to go see a Casita in your area. They have a referral program with their Casita owners that they let you go touch and feel one for your self. I would think Scamp has a simular program. It at least gets you into one to look at every nook and cranny. Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with most of the fiberglass trailers being made. Just find the price and quality you want.
The Big foot is a beautiful high quality trailer as well. Just tooooo wide for me to pull at this point. But Very nicely made. Robin

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #31
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Which is best is a very subjective term. Roger mentioned "Value", again another subjective term, but I like it better than "best".
There are people that will tell brand such and such is best because it's what they have. Some will like a lot of glitz and systems. That may not be the highest value for all. To me the biggest value is the least cost in both initial dollars and continued costs, the least fuss with systems and systems failing. Then add the fun factor.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum from Roger and a few others. I purchased a new trailer for $10,000. My wife and I have spent somewhere around 100 nights in 2 1/5 years we've had it, towed it around 10,000 miles. We've had an absolute ball with it. Camped in all kinds of weather from thunder storms, to snow and ice, to warm and sunny. It doesn't have the additional weight of dual pain windows, a toilet, shower, AC, etc. It takes me less than 10 minutes to set up, and about that to hook up and leave.

My point is to look at what's important to you, where do you get what you want. Notice I didn't say need. Think carefully about wants, and why you want them. Our lives are filled with bigger and bigger. We're bombarded with glitzy homes, RV, automobiles, etc. advertising. Will the glitz make you happy. Will the having x, y or z in your trailer improve your life. Is the extra costs worth it. Costs include initial costs, maintenance, time to take care of, and fuss and bother. Example a shower requires larger water tank, large gray water tank, time and effort to empty, which sometimes is an hour or so in line at the dump station. A toilet requires an additional tank for black water, chemicals to keep the smell down (Note: I didn't say eliminate, cause there aint such a thing). If additional systems are important to you go for it, if glitz is important go for it.

My definition of "fit and finish" is "glitz". Not necessarily better but more on the shinny side.

As I said at the beginning "best" is subjective. What's "best" for you, is the best.

Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote