White Snoozy - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2014, 08:21 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Well Greg, that was a breath of fresh air! Thanks.

Donna D. Then why shouldnt I be having to strip my truck too? Again, see the pic I posted as the truck has received the SAME wax for the past 4-1/2 yrs that the Scamp has. It's the Protect All wax that gets 5-star reviews for all it's uses- boats, RVs, and more..... Trust me, it's not "floor wax".

Mine is not the only gel cote camper "yellowing". Check the link I added earlier as it explains the natural occurrence that happens to the fiberglass/gelcote combination.

You wont see this with the cool-tanned Snoozy. (But the white looks the sharpest!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg489 View Post
Off white or cream looks good too, especially a clean and shiny one like yours. Sweet camper Darral.
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #22

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Dunno. That's a puzzler you have there. If it were an older unit you had bought used, it could have been old wax buildup from the previous owner. But since it's only a 2010... very strange!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:58 AM   #23

Name: Greg
Trailer: Just looking
NC
For those interested there are multiple pics of the new white Snoozy on the Snoozy website here: Photo Gallery: Family Vacation: Camper Uses: Smoakin Concepts Composites
Looks pretty darn good
I wonder if they will offer white entrance & cargo doors and exhaust fan lid as an option?
Old 10-31-2014, 01:24 PM   #24

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post

Donna D. Then why shouldnt I be having to strip my truck too? Again, see the pic I posted as the truck has received the SAME wax for the past 4-1/2 yrs that the Scamp has. It's the Protect All wax that gets 5-star reviews for all it's uses- boats, RVs, and more..... Trust me, it's not "floor wax".
Donno.. unless it's a chemical reaction difference between what's NOT happening with paint but happens with gelcoat. I know wax yellows on vinyl and linoleum floors. Even the high priced paste wax.

But I do remember reading where folks are stripping off wax and chalk and are surprised how white their trailers look...
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote