White Snoozy - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
White Snoozy

While walking one evening at the Cherokee meet I walked past a Snoozy and did a double take. I asked the owner if he had painted the trailer white, he said he worked at Snoozy and they were changing to a white shell color. He said they would build a couple more in tan then switch to white only.
This may have been brought up before but I have not seen it mentioned so it might be old news.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:48 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Interesting to say the least. I think most of us expected all molded towables to be white. There are lots of Trillums and Bolers where the gelcoat is something other than white, but those are "classics." I truly believe most folks would prefer white gelcoat and customize the decals to match their tug... ala Escape.

Please keep us updated, inquiring minds want to know.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:35 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Here are a couple of pictures that were sent to me from JJB.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN5552a.jpg   DSCN5551a.jpg  

David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #4

I think the Snoozy layout suits a number of folks. Good for the manufacuter to reconsider the gelcoat color Although the idea of all the hatches being "stand out" color still makes me go hummm. Like those should be accents? Really?
Old 10-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Shucks, too bad they didn't opt for robin's egg blue or something. But I suppose one can add a wrap or paint of any color overtop the white.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #6

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Personally I am glad we got ours before they changed. We prefer the tan. Why look like everything else.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:53 PM   #7

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I think it looks better white!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:09 PM   #8

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlsara View Post
Personally I am glad we got ours before they changed. We prefer the tan. Why look like everything else.

Unless you are camping at the marina you have no worries on that count!
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:58 AM   #9

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking Color

Or colour for you Canadians.

I prefer our cream color.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:45 AM   #10

Trailer: LittleGuy Classic Teardrop ('Baby Osmo') (Previously 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe)
I have no objection to the tan gelcoat, but I'll cast my vote that the white looks really sharp. Good move. The graphics are less garish, as well. As to the hatch colors, maybe they are just using up inventory, and will switch over to white when they reorder? Or, maybe they just like the high-contrast look.
Mr. W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #11

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
In and out of my Hauley in hot weather, that black entry door gets mighty hot sometimes. Gotta let go fast when pushing it shut! I hope they switch to white, to match the trailer.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:03 PM   #12

Name: Greg
Trailer: Just looking
NC
Was this change a secret or did I miss an announcement by Snoozy at some point? I check their site daily. I guess better late than never works. I did liked the tan Snoozy when I first saw it because like Charlie mentioned above there's not many other tan FG campers around. Now that my eyes have actually seen the Snoozy in another color I must admit the white looks pretty darn cool. I was considering camo graphics over the tan because the two complimented each other, but now the white shell has got my creative juices flowing. I'm assuming the white would help reflect the sun's rays too? When I was visiting the factory I asked if the camper could be had in any other color and was told it could but would be an expensive upcharge in price because all the paint lines and equipment would have to be flushed and cleaned of the tan gelcoat just for one camper. I'm still waiting for a quote from Snoozy on my custom build specs. They must be really busy these days. Then again I haven't totally committed by way of deposit either.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:44 PM   #13

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Greg
The guy who had the white Snoozy said they had enough gelcoat to build two more tan campers then they were switching over to the white and would not be offering the tan. I guess if you want a tan shell you need to make a deposit on one. (I'm not connected to Snoozy)
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:14 AM   #14

NC
Thanks Eddie. Looks like white will have to be the color then. I'm not committing until I get some kind of quote on my build specs and agree on a price. My build specs are for a stripped down version without all the bells and whistles so I'm probably not on the top of their priority list, and that's cool. I'm willing to wait it out in order to get what I want. Who knows, if I wait long enough the Snoozy may come with wings.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
And another thing I liked about the tan, you dont have to worry about it "yellowing"!

Although, the white DOES look good. And, I have to admit I got a chuckle out of Floyd's comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlsara View Post

Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:42 PM   #16

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Yellow?

Most colored things are driven to white by the UV component of Sun light.. Our Scamp 16 is 23 years old and I see no yellowing occurring. Now waxes can yellow, particularly the floor waxes.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:01 PM   #17

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Yessir. Yellowing. When I first bought my Scamp, it was snow white and matched my truck. But take a look at this pic at the difference in 4-1/2 yrs. I've tried to take care of it as best I can. If no one else's is doing this, I guess I'm doing something wrong. For what it's worth, I painted the freshwater inlet and slinky tube earlier this year. I used a "Biscuit" color from Lowes that matched perfectly. So technically...maybe at this point "off white" may be a more accurate color description.

But obviously, there's some others that call it "yellowing" as well.
Gel Coat Yellowing / Oxidization / Dullness - CleanABoat.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Yellow?

Most colored things are driven to white by the UV component of Sun light.. Our Scamp 16 is 23 years old and I see no yellowing occurring. Now waxes can yellow, particularly the floor waxes.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1712.jpg  
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #18

NC
Off white or cream looks good too, especially a clean and shiny one like yours. Sweet camper Darral.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:42 PM   #19

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Nickels to donuts, a 55 gal drum of the white is a few bucks cheaper rhan rhe tan.. Jack
Old 10-30-2014, 06:05 PM   #20

Wax yellows. Just ask anyone that still waxes a kitchen floor. We're always searching for a wax product that states... non-yellowing. If your trailer is turning color, you may want to consider stripping all the wax off instead of just adding to it.