Whitehorse or Bust !! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2006, 11:24 AM   #1

Trailer: 1974 Ventura
After buying "Vinney Ventura" last month, it hasn't left my driveway until yesterday. I know that I have started to lose my nerve and then a couple of friends of mine arrived the other day. Ok, Bonnie let's hook it up and you are going to get the bearings done and new tires. It's a 1974, 13ft. Ventura weighing in at 1500 lbs. When getting the $500 hitch installed I asked that when doing the wiring to hook up the electric brakes. When I picked up my truck only the four prongs were hooked up. The reply was you don't need brakes with such a small trailer. I am going to pull it with my GMC 2005 Colorado, standard gear shift ,and I want the brakes hooked up so, it's going back in this week.

Buyer beware !! Oh Bonnie, you didn't even check if the fridge was working on electricity when I bought it. My oh my where is the wisdom with my age ! My holidays begin Aug. 17 for three weeks and it will be a 6000 mi. return trip. There is no propane dealer in Port Hardy so, will have to hit a RV service place down island to have the hoses replaced.

The cosmetics aren't as important as having it in tip top mechanical shape right now. Thought of taking my interior paint with me on my trip. I will have time to do it in the evenings without tv. Well, I could go on and on. Thought I had an attached pic but looks like it didn't happen, just have to keep trying.
bonnie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Photo for Bonnie!

Hey, all.

I'm posting this photo for Bonnie. She emailed it to me and I downsized it and here it is:

Her "new" Ventura! A beauty!
Attached Thumbnails
Ventura01.JPG  
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Hey, good for you, Bonnie, for taking the trailer on a little trip to the mechanic. You'll do great on your vacation. You might want to camp in the trailer one night while it's sitting in your driveway. Take along a pad of paper and a pencil or pen and write down all the things you still need to put in the trailer before you go.

Have FUN!
Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:32 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Wow, Bonnie, that is one CUTE trailer!

Can you camp overnight nearby before your big trip? Or camp in your driveway, as suggested. If not, don't worry, lots to learn on the journey anyway. Part of the fun!
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:17 AM   #5

Trailer: 1974 Ventura
Quote:
Wow, Bonnie, that is one CUTE trailer!

Can you camp overnight nearby before your big trip? Or camp in your driveway, as suggested. If not, don't worry, lots to learn on the journey anyway. Part of the fun!
Great idea Nancy the camping in my driveway. Have to tell yah I camp year round because I live in a 1979 Holidare Travel Trailer for the past 10 yrs or so. Right now I am surrounded by diesel pushers, $600,000 motor homes etc. -- just too funny especially with my little 13 ft. Ventura.

There is another campsite across the highway from me and I think that it would be a great idea to go there even for one night to get the feel. Need to practice the backing up thing. Have already done the jackknife figuration.
bonnie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:47 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Congratulations on your Ventura. I really like the style and layout of those. I would have gotten one if I could have found one!

Can you post more photo's and of the inside. Then perhaps they can be added to The Album, as I just checked and the Ventura's are not represented !!!!!
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:14 AM   #7

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 15 ft
Send a message via ICQ to Ken James
Bonnie, that is a nice little unit.

Now if you would like some advice from close to home we are on the south end of the island, if you are ever down here give us a ring.

We drove the Alaska Highway 3 years ago and passed through Whitehorse, and came home by the Cassiar Highway.

You enjoy the trip with that little rascal in tow. Good luck in getting used to it.
Ken James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:42 AM   #8

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
What a cute little trailer! Have a great trip!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:14 AM   #9

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi Bonnie - congrats on your adorable "Vinny". Wishing you happy trails, safe journeys and LOTS of fabulous memories on this trip. AND ... you know we all love pictures & travel journals as you go, right? LdB
Old 07-24-2006, 10:48 PM   #10

Trailer: '74 Ventura
Quote:
Can you post more photo's and of the inside. Then perhaps they can be added to The Album, as I just checked and the Ventura's are not represented !!!!!
Greetings -

Yes - Bonnie's Ventura is very good looking, a bit nicer than mine.
I do hope she posts an Interior photo or two as it "appears" she may have
a furnace in hers (we're stuck using a Mr Heater) - curious as to how it looks.
But here are a few Interior photos of our Ventura - dunno who to email
them to, for the Album though - mebbe you can help out CliveAlive

Tammera & Terry

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC_587S.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	4190

ps
I have some exterior photos - but I do think Bonnie's is much nicer
Attached Thumbnails
76_1.JPG.jpg   MVC_577S.jpg  

ttmatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:15 PM   #11

Registry
"But here are a few Interior photos of our Ventura - dunno who to email
them to, for the Album though - mebbe you can help out CliveAlive "

Thanks for posting those. Definitely cute campers. And thanks for your vote of confidence but I'm a newcomer around here and I think posting to the albums is up to the Moderators !
Old 07-25-2006, 06:22 AM   #12

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I think posting to the albums is up to the Moderators !
Done!

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:45 AM   #13

Registry
Quote:
Done!

Cool Donna! Thanks. By the way, did I tell you all how much I appreciate this site?
Old 07-25-2006, 08:09 AM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Cool Donna! Thanks. By the way, did I tell you all how much I appreciate this site?
It is a fun and informative place to play isn't it
Cool people hang out here!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:50 PM   #15

Trailer: 19 ft Escape
Hi Bonnie

You will love Whitehorse. We and another couple just got home from a 6,224 km journey from our home in Terrace to Whitehorse, Fairbanks, Anchorage, Tok, Dawson City, Whitehorse again and then home. We used the Stewart-Cassiar Highway and would not recommend it unless you want to travel at 20 km per hour in many places and end up with your trailer and tow vehicle being covered in mud if it so happens to rain. In Whitehorse they have a wonderful trail that goes along the Yukon River and crosses it by the power plant and you can go to the fish ladder. The salmon will be arriving the beginning of August. We recommend the Hi Country RV Park - fresh flowers in the ladies' washroom! Arrive early or make a reservation. Have a great trip.
Ellen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote