Who here has given it a name - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-25-2007, 01:14 PM   #57
Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
ours is "one-eyed catsita," because we have a "port hole", therefore, and "eye" in the front of the shower so that we can see forward.

Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:43 PM   #58
Trailer: Star Stream 19ft Aluminum
When Andrea and I were in Great Falls, MT last May, we stopped in the Sip 'n Dip there. It's a very, very famous bar, rated by GQ as one of the 5 bars you should travel to, just to go there. There are literally mermaids in a large glass walled swimming pool behind the bar. Very cool.

Anyway, it's a really surreal place. For live entertainment there is a this 80-something year old lady called 'Piano Pat' who has played in the Sip 'n Dip every night for over 40 years. She plays anything and everything you could possibly imagine. To tease her (or so we thought!) we asked her to play Elvis - sure enough, she did an 8-song Elvis medley!! I kid you not, it was awesome.

Right after that, she played Don Ho's 'Tiny Bubbles' and from then on, out of dear love and respect for Piano Pat, we called our trailer 'Tiny Bubbles' (or 'Bubbles') for short

If you are ever in Great Falls, please stop by the Sip 'n Dip (you won't regret it!) and say hi to Piano Pat. I guarantee you, she will play your song. Just be sure to tip her well - she's worth it.

Update : Andy asked if there was a website - there is. I have to correct myself : here is a direct quote :
"Named the #1 bar on earth by GQ Magazine!"

Darren C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:35 AM   #59
Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
We have decided to name our new Uhaul Howie. Howie is for "Hotel on Wheels"
Attached Thumbnails
1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud, "The Egg Carton"
CindyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:14 AM   #60
Trailer: U-Haul
Funny how the mind works to give an inanimate object a human name of affection or scorn.

while talking "to" the trailer its of scorn, but talking "about" the trailer its the human name given with affection.
Terry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:44 AM   #61
Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500 Deluxe / 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Access cab 2.7l
1980 Trillium 4500 Deluxe Edition (or whatever ) the Eggmeon
Paddy Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:41 PM   #62
Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
When I first heard of bolers, it was described to me as a fiberglass shaped like an airstream. She's named "Eggstream"

Name:   mini_eggstream.JPG
Views: 119
Size:  4.4 KB
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:11 PM   #63
Trailer: Summit Weekend Refuge
Lalah and I named our Summit Weekend Refuge "Pico," short for "Picofarad," which is a very small capacitance value. (We were both electrical engineers before retiring!) And "Pico" does have a very small capacity!

Our daughter suggested that we name the Sienna minivan we tow with "Gallo," for rooster. Then, when we hook up, we will be "Pico de Gallo," a salsa. So far, that hasn't stuck very well, but we'll see.

Art Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #64
Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Ok, reviving the original name Forum I'd also like to here any ideas for names others may have. Warning I may steal an unused name

So mine is presently named "The Dinghy". It reminds me of the small wood boat we towed behind the sail boat as a kid. I may change it as I'm more fond of the concept than the name itself.

A name I'm putting up for grabs is "Shelly". Yep, an "egg" named "Shelly" (Just to clarify)

WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #65
Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
My wife named our Egg Camper "Easter Egg", I guess because we got it last spring around Easter. Our grandson said Barkley would be a good name for a dog.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #66
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Ours is named Blueberry, Mary had gone to get some blueberries about an hour from home, and on her way back spotted the Uhaul sitting between two big trailers at a RV dealer. It had just come in to be sold on consignment. Three days later we owned it.
mary and bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #67
Name: Alice
Trailer: 2015 T@B M@X CS-S - Condo A-Go-Go
Mine is named Lady and the Scamp, a takeoff of Lady and the Tramp. I call it Scamp for short.

Wallo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #68
Name: Jim
Trailer: 2006 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1981 13' Burro project/ 2008 Chevy Colorado extended cab
trailer names

ourCasita is; Litten Haus . Maybe this year we can have the graphics made up, ops the kids is getting married this summer - we have no money for such things.
Jim Hovind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #69
Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Because I love mildly weird adventures, I thought Rucio was a good name for the Burro that I'm dragging along with me, after Sancho Panza's donkey.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #70
Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
ours is OSOKOZY....because it is!

theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote