Why do people use air "fresheners" in their tiny travel trailers??!! - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 11:48 PM   #81

Name: Adam
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Listen, I'm old school, a homesteader type in general, a fabricator, I own livestock, have guns, mind my business, forget to shave for 6 months at a time. I have diy solar, collect rainwater, build my own well, pretty much everything. I'm about as far as you can get from a pink haired sjw fighting for equality of outcome versus equality of opportunity.

So maybe there is some disconnect in me that doesn't understand dudes wearing perfume and people using/adding scented products to everything. If this were the 50s when smoking tobacco was still a doctor recommended healthy thing to do scented products were rarely used and we'd be having this debate about tobacco (using the very same arguments) but it isn't and we're not and that debate has already be settled.

I also wasn't shooting for a debate or lesson in semantics. I will fully admit to an assumption that in part a good percentage of fiberglass RV users prefer them due to the lack of chemicals and organic/non-organic matter that could cause or harbor potential risks.

In short, I was surprised to see so many of the units for sale with tons of scented stuff but I've also found a solid base of people that gravitate towards these units for the better air quality.

Anyway, this has been a fun and entertaining thread.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:25 AM   #82

Name: Jane
Trailer: Keystone Montana
Ohio
Nightmare

For those of us with asthma smelly things are an absolute nightmare! Used to be when traveling, before I had a trailer, I would have to go in and literally smell the room first to see if I could stay in it. Motels have gotten better about that now but some of them used to use things like Carpet Fresh! Nice to stay in my own trailer now.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:54 AM   #83

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonAZ View Post
.....I also wasn't shooting for a debate or lesson in semantics......
When you start a thread "Why do people use air "fresheners" in their tiny travel trailers??!!" people are going to have varied opinions and your'e going to get a debate. You don't own the thread and you can't control it.

In fact, any time you ask a question about "why" people do anything, you are going to get a debate.

It wasn't, as you have misunderstood, a lesson in semantics, it was a lesson in chemistry, and in chemistry words do matter.

You said:
Quote:
Debating with me is sort of like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a few hours you realize the pig likes it.
The pig may like it, but that doesn't mean he's good at it, and that reminds me of the saying: "Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig."

I actually like pigs.

Interestingly: in all of the posts so far in this thread, the only ones that have included sarcasm or veiled personal insults are yours.

I have no interest in debating you further.

Good luck in your search for an FGRV.

Harold
Old 07-26-2019, 09:45 AM   #84

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
For me the OP’s original post was more of a statement than a question in search of an answer . The tone of post #1 , at least for me was not conducive to a polite discussion
You never can have a rational debate on anything when you start off by hinting that the people on the other side of the issue are uninformed , uncaring , uneducated , selfish idiots and in need of your vast knowledge and expertise.
I seriously doubt that people purposely use air freshners or perfume or cologne with the sole intent of irritating the OP .
Old 07-26-2019, 09:53 AM   #85

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
This thread has gotten way out of hand with more arguing and personal attack that discussion of the original topic.

Let's get some real threads going about our various trailers and enjoyed camping places and practices.

This thread is now close.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Closed Thread