Why No RV Shows/Dealers? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-22-2016, 08:16 AM   #61

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
I started out retirement planning with a motorcycle pop-up (aspen) Then dh decided I meant what I said about travelling and was looking at Roadtreks- way out of our price range. We became cat parents once again. Needed more space, first for 2, then 3, then 4 rescued kitties. Looked at teardrops. Not enough space w/kitties and dh has a bad hip, scrambling in and out of tent is hard on him, let alone a trailer.

Had seen the occasional scamp or casita in Florida, was thinking maybe of checking them out, so I googled, and found this forum.

Parkliner is out of NC where my ds lives, and Lilsnoozy oout of SC where I had a grandchild in school, Tom at Parkliner showed me personal trailer, and the people at Lilsnoozy were very kind about us putting the cats in their a/c office while we looked.

I cant stress the importance of eyeballing IRL> At one tie I was convince the RPod met all our requirements but when I actually looked into it and stretched out on the bed I realized it would be a no go.

Decided on the Lilsnoozy because of their dedicated underbed storage being able to be purposed for cat litter boxes and beds. We will use a little for storage, but for the most part it will be kitty space.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:37 PM   #62

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandCallie View Post
I've wondered this too, Naomi. Seems to me an existing dealer could easily take on a line of FG trailers just like they do other lines. I suppose it is much easier for them to just do the direct-sales thing, but the convenience and service for the customer does suffer a lot in my opinion. They expect people to plop down $20, 30, 40,000 to purchase a product sight-unseen some 1,000 or more miles away, come pick it up and then never show up again for warranty service. Sweet deal for them, not so much for us.
Shoot, I not only plunked down cash for a trailer I had never seen, but based only on a "Photoshop" picture and the layout drawn on a cocktail napkin! BESIDES needing to purchase it in a foreign country too.

I just got back spending 10 nights on the Oregon coast and I can say I'm just as thrilled today with my purchase as I was two years ago when I picked it up at the Canada/US border.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote