Why's Escape doing so well??? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #15

Name: E. Keith
Trailer: None at the moment :-(
Colorado
Quote:
I Always had this wacky idea of a group buy. Where forum members all get together and have a group buy in exchange for a little lower escape price. Everyone meets up in B.C. ANd get their trailers at the same time. It would be a fun social event.
I think that's a "stellar" idea. If you pursue it, let me know. Maybe I'll get "stimulated" enough to have extra money laying around.

EKW

Old 06-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #16

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
How many trailers do they sell? Rather than a 4 month lead time for delivery of a trailer suggesting what they may be doing right it may only mean they have limited resources, a weakness if demand can't be satisfied.
That is typical of Casita too. It took me four months to get mine after deposit.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #17

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft 2001
Quebec
Gaz price will change the RV market sooner or later, you will see lightweight camping trailer behind Bio or Diesel hight efficient vehicule every where in a near futur. Reace and Tammy have made the good choice in the right time, they study the market before producing, like Peter say they grow slowly and keep the production under control so cash get in regularely. I have no crystal ball but I predict the small 13' will be a big hit.

The class C market have already change, those big V10 are replace today by 3.0 Mercedez engine, Daimler Chrysler put Mercedez Diesel in there Sprinter and Cherokee, if they dont crash and burn this year the suppose to add a small Cuming in the 2010 Dodge Ram 1500. Ho! Do you remenber those Jeep pickup? Using a Liberty base with the small Cuming engine is a project they already study Toyota? Honda? I bet they already get a eye on it.

Light weight camping trailer "is" the next big market in RV , just take a look to the movie "Home" and you can bet this is a fact not a fiction. The "reborn" 1300 Trillium is a natural choice today, lightweight ,easy to tow, easy to park, lower aerodynamique signature (Fx) then a stick constuction, long life expectation, good resale value, in brief it's a intelligent buy.

PS: Nobody paid me for my speach about Escape product, this is my 2.5 Cents!
Gilles D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #18

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Quote:
That is typical of Casita too. It took me four months to get mine after deposit.
Not really the same. You bought yours when the RV market was thriving. I understand Casita's wait time is now less than 4 weeks or non-existent if you choose one of the many already made trailers available for immediate sale.

But I would agree that growing slow can be a good thing. On the other hand, not satisfying demand when or if it exists can also be not so good. Not everyone will want to wait 4 months. Regardless, Escape's expansion may be limited to how fast they can accumulate cash to grow outside of the credit market, which is obviously difficult today.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #19

Name: William
Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Florida
I first saw one at the Oregon gathering and if I were to buy new (which is really out of the question) it would be an Escape, Reace and company have a very well designed trailer and the workmanship is incredable. I would love their 5er
Old 06-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #20

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
I first saw one at the Oregon gathering and if I were to buy new (which is really out of the question) it would be an Escape, Reace and company have a very well designed trailer and the workmanship is incredable. I would love their 5er
Hi: Bill...We sure love "Our Escape Hatch".
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
phphMftXvPM.jpg  
Old 06-17-2009, 12:26 AM   #21

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Hi Alf, I wondered that myself, but after a visit from some new friends who just purchased a new (# 5) 19 ft Escape, I no longer wonder about it.

BTW, the Eddy's are great people and we will certainly go out to visit them as soon as we can. He's a fine Blacksmith and you should check out his Web Site. www.ianeddyblacksmith.com
I have the #6 Escape 19, picked up the day after the Eddy's. I had been chatting with them on email and the Escape forum, and spent the weekend with them at the Ft Langley meet. Nice folk for sure, and have put to good use a wee lightweight fire poker they gave me on a few occasions now too. It was one that Ian had made.

We are just as pleased with our trailer. Dealing with Tammy & Reace at Escape was a pleasure. The Escape 17 was on my short list, but when they announced the 19 I was all over it like a dirty shirt. I even had some input into the layout, and was quite surprised that they dropped their first plan and went with the one I preferred. Talk about really listening.

They also made every effort to build in some mods I wanted. Some I did not get because they just would not work out right, but Reace was very good at explaining the reasons why.

After spending 17 straight nights in it, and wishing it was even longer, I can honestly say that I know we made the right decision, both my wife and me are very pleased with how it is working out for us.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #22

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
As a consumer I would measure a company's true success by the number of satisfied customers. It appears that there quite a few of them here.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #23

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
As a consumer I would measure a company's true success by the number of satisfied customers. It appears that there quite a few of them here.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #24

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape 5.0TA
Southern Alberta
Escape is doing well because of Reace and Tammy and their attention to quality, detail and customer service.

We bought our Escape 19 (#10 I think) and couldn't be happier with it, We asked for some different mods and Reace came through with most of them and explained why one or two wouldn't work.

This level of quality and service has not gone unnoticed in the RV community, everywhere we stay we have people come and ask to see our Escape trailer.

Doug & Eileen
Attached Thumbnails
Trailer.jpg  
Old 06-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #25

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Doug P... I know the feeling, even tho we didn't get to deal with Reace& Tammy personally.
Usually within 15 min. of setting up camp we have visitors!!! Our 5.0 is a great conversation starter...Anywhere.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie p.s. Where's that beautiful camp site...or is it a secret???

Tags
escape