Wide Body Burros? and other travel trailers? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-25-2015, 12:06 PM   #29
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II

We travel with 3 dogs, one of which is a VERY active 100lb Doberman. He sleeps on the floor between our twin beds. The other two sleep on the beds with us.

Steve and Tali - Dogs: Reacher and Lucy and our beloved Storm and Maggie (waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)
2008 Outlaw Oliver Legacy Elite & 2014 Outlaw Oliver Legacy Elite II
2014 GMC Sierra 6.2L Max Tow Pkg 4X4 Crew Cab
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:54 PM   #30
Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
We have no issues with one Australian Shepard space wise. But I was shocked one day to see the amount of hair traped on the (side mounted) A/C from her laying in front of it. Luckily, I opted for a slightly larger 6K unit when I replaced the old 5K it came with and the new A/C had a filter accessible from the front. I knew how much she shed, but did not realize how much the A/C was sucking it up. No worries, I know to check it occasionaly now.

Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:54 PM   #31
Name: mary
Trailer: 16ft Scamp
Great Toni, I wanted a egg for a long camping trip where I met a couple from Colorado that had a Casita and they let me look inside. My first choice was a Casita but being in CA they are very few for sale. That said my Scamp is wonderful, I just can't wait for out next trip out!
mwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:34 PM   #32
Name: Tom
Trailer: Casita
Wide Body Burros? and other travel trailers?

We have a 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe. Sue, Me and Dennis our Boxer. The trick for us is to leave the side dinette as a bed for the dog. Dennis has learned that he needs to jump on the side dinette bed when Sue & I are walking around in the camper. We keep the rear dinette set up as our bed, so it kinda sucks that we loose our dinettes. We manage by eating outside when the weather is good. We also bought 2 of those old style cheap metal folding TV trays for when we can't eat outside. Not optimal but functional.
Tom Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:30 PM   #33
Name: Toinette
Trailer: in the market
Steve, sounds like you have quite a canine crew! I love Dobies. You guys seem to have it well under control! (I envy the short coat of your Dobie.)

Tim, I know what you mean about the shedding and the AC filter. . . I have to vacuum ours at home periodically because our dog sheds so. He has a coat similar to your Australian Shepherd's...

Mary, the Casitas are really neat, too. I went to a rally not too long ago (GE & H, outside of Montgomery), and the people were so very nice. Saw quite a few different floorplans, and met the lady with the Great Dane who had a 16 or 17' Scamp. (The lady had the Scamp and the Great Dane. . . or maybe the Great Dane had the Scamp after all!)

Tom, what a neat idea to teach your dog to stay on the dinette/bed while you're moving around the SD... That would keep him out from underfoot. The TV trays are a good idea too!

Thanks everyone for sharing your info. I do appreciate it!
TWelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:13 AM   #34
Name: Corky
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16ft.
Check out the Parkliner it is made in N.C. it is roomer than most for a 15 ft. camper.
Courtland PieperCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:37 AM   #35
Thanks. I'd love to see Parkliner... I checked out their map and there may be several within driving distance. I think I'll contact the owners and chat with them. .
Thanks again,
Old 03-26-2015, 11:40 AM   #36
Oops. I was looking at the Escape map. . . The Parkliners look neat...