Will you PLEASE stop posting threads with pictures of your awesome mods? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #1

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Will you PLEASE stop posting threads with pictures of your awesome mods?

My head is about to explode! I can't even get done with the basic stuff I am repairing/upgrading on my Scamp before I see more ideas of neat stuff posted. This is a pretty handy and creative bunch. My Dad would say; "he is a clever fellow" and it was high praise indeed. I am already planning to re-mod stuff I JUST got done modding. Oh the humanity of it all!

The idea I just got after looking at somebody's tongue mounted box was to raise my tongue box up to clear a home-made slide out tray/box holding my new dual 6V batteries (that I have not bought yet). I was worrying about having to cut holes in my nice new aluminum box for battery venting, and then not really being able to use it for storing other things due to the fumes. Ha! A new separate box underneath with pull out tray solves that. I am a pretty clever fellow if I do say so myself. Now if I just had the time to build the new tray and the money for the batteries I would be set!
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #2

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
So much fun. As some who hang around here would say it is the journey, not the end of the journey that matters. So, it is the endless doing, not stopping, that matters. Everything can be improved. Some of us are happily retired and seem to be very busy doing just that!
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Tim; your slide out box or drawer reminded me that American Van sells stuff like that for service vans and trucks. Could any of their stuff be adapted for your use?
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
My head is about to explode! I can't even get done with the basic stuff I am repairing/upgrading on my Scamp before I see more ideas of neat stuff posted. This is a pretty handy and creative bunch. My Dad would say; "he is a clever fellow" and it was high praise indeed. I am already planning to re-mod stuff I JUST got done modding. Oh the humanity of it all!

The idea I just got after looking at somebody's tongue mounted box was to raise my tongue box up to clear a home-made slide out tray/box holding my new dual 6V batteries (that I have not bought yet). I was worrying about having to cut holes in my nice new aluminum box for battery venting, and then not really being able to use it for storing other things due to the fumes. Ha! A new separate box underneath with pull out tray solves that. I am a pretty clever fellow if I do say so myself. Now if I just had the time to build the new tray and the money for the batteries I would be set!

Oh! 2 batteries batteries isn't enough you need at least 4, maybe 8.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:06 PM   #5

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
Oh! 2 batteries batteries isn't enough you need at least 4, maybe 8.
Four maybe, but surely not eight?
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote