willing to pay $6900 for 13ft. Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-16-2007, 11:26 AM   #1

Trailer: 1974 Ventura
Last evening I met an older couple here at Port Hardy's r/v campground. They had just purchased from "that" dealer near Victoria. It's a 1976 13ft. Boler. Here's what it does and doesn't have. There isn't a Maxi Fan just the original vent on the roof. There isn't a spare wheel cover, no air conditioner, it just has the basics. The exterior paint looks in fair shape but no shine what so ever, just flat. The woman who owns it said that she did a fair amount of research and was more than satisfied with the price, guess that's all that counts eh. Like she said there was new apholstery and nothing to have to do just go camping.
bonnie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:39 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I hope shes happy.Thats getting kinda pricey.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #3

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Quote:
Last evening I met an older couple here at Port Hardy's r/v campground. They had just purchased from "that" dealer near Victoria. It's a 1976 13ft. Boler. Here's what it does and doesn't have. There isn't a Maxi Fan just the original vent on the roof. There isn't a spare wheel cover, no air conditioner, it just has the basics. The exterior paint looks in fair shape but no shine what so ever, just flat. The woman who owns it said that she did a fair amount of research and was more than satisfied with the price, guess that's all that counts eh. Like she said there was new apholstery and nothing to have to do just go camping.
Holy I just sold my 15 Trill deluxe with flush toilet , new tires new propane for 3500 here in sask and I thought that was a fair price and with a/c , that is a lil bit outrageous i think
AprilL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:07 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
I'd also deem that a bit out of range for what I'd pay, but there was a fellow on Vancouver Island (I believe he's not doing it anymore) who was buying up Bolers, rehabbing them (including frame strengthening in the models that needed them) and then reselling them, so this might be one of them, reborn.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:35 PM   #5

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Well, IMHO:
...as long as there are people out there willing to dole out that kinda cash for that sort of item, there will ALWAYS be someone there to take their money!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:55 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler 1700SGH (Stage II twoftitis)
Quote:
Well, IMHO:
...as long as there are people out there willing to dole out that kinda cash for that sort of item, there will ALWAYS be someone there to take their money!!
Seems like an easy way to make a few bucks... Buy a $5k trailer in the prairies; tow it out to the island and camp in it for the summer, come winter, store it at an RV storage place for $50/month... In the spring, start advertising it for $6900...
Herb P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:45 PM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Just thought I'd add some perspective from the camp of people who've definitely paid on the high side for their egg:

I live in Boston. Egg's were scarce when I was looking last year. I searched online, and at one point was convinced that driving to 5 hours to Bar Harbor, taking the ferry to Nova Scotia (another 5 hours + 150$) and driving another few hours for a 3K CN Trillium was a good idea. I found another egg in Kentucky, and Ohio. All a day's drive, at least . . . with either tent camping or a Motel 6 for a night or two . . . and I know myself -- after making the trip, taking the time off of work, I'd drag practically any trailer home, thinking "I can fix this right up!" Whether it was true or not.

So, when I saw a decent Uhaul 13" for some crazy price -- more than 5k -- on Craigslist, and it was 20 minutes away, I shot out of my recliner and dragged my confused boyfriend (we're buying an RV?!?) and Beagle out there. I negotiated the price by pointing out the trailer's flaws, but I also added up the saved time and money of buying a local trailer instead of heading to another time zone -- gas, food, lodging. And I bought it. Not for crazy money. But, it wasn't a steal.

Because we live here, the car, the condo, and the groceries are ALL overpriced -- or, at the high end of the scale, shall we say. You get used to it. My boyfriend's family sold a gorgeous farm in Saskatchewan for 75k last year. Parking spots go for that in our neighborhood here. I'm pretty sure my boss's wardrobe for a week costs about what my trailer did.
Julia O. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler