winegard Sensor III Antenna - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #1

Trailer: Scottsman Roamer
winegard Sensor III Antenna

Dose any one have any experience with the Winegard GS-2200 Sensor III amplified antenna ? how good dose work ? Thank You Jim W.
James R Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:26 AM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
I have ta similar model Sensar batwing antenna in the fixed configuration on the house here and it works quite well. BUT!. I did buy one of the RV versions but the clearances required made it impractical for use on my 16' trailer, even without having an AC unit to clear. I can't imagine it would work well on a scamp either, but they do put them on the roofs of Airstream Bambis, so who knows? I laid it on the roof, took a look at the recommended clearances and put it back in the box.

If you do want a rotating amplified antenna, for about the same price as the Winegard I would look at one of these King Control Jack antennas. They have a rotating model that does not fold down and has a much smaller footprint. If I remember correctly they have a 12V amplified version that has some kind of VU meter on it so you can see signal strength.

https://www.makariosrv.com/products/...%252d8200.html

I think you could find it cheaper but that's just for reference.

Regards,

Matt
Old 04-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #3

Trailer: Scottsman Roamer
Thank you for responding Jim W.
James R Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:38 AM   #4

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by James R Williams View Post
Thank you for responding Jim W.
I have the Sensar mounted on a painter's pole, not roof mounted. It is an amplified antenna and does a good job pulling in channels. The downside for me is the amplifier, which plugs into 120vac. The output from the adapter that plugs in is 18vdc, which feeds the amplifier. I would have preferred a 12vdc amplifier, which would have been handier for off-grid camping.

The painter's pole is u-bolted to the spare tire rack and I leave the antenna mounted even when travelling. You can see a photo at my trailer registry.

Ron
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote