Winnebago Micro Minnie - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-21-2014, 02:08 PM   #1

Name: Carl
Trailer: 1994 Scamp 16
Arkansas
Winnebago Micro Minnie

Has anyone seem the new Winnebago Micro Minnie? Can anyone provide any information about this camper? They look real nice. I was wondering if they are a 100% fiberglass camper? Also, how would they compare to Scamp, Casita etc?
Thanks

If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else! Yogi Berra
Nut501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
They are NOT molded fiberglass. There's seams to leak, unlike Scamp and Casita. We call them stickies.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:25 PM   #3

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
It seams that to be considered molded on this site that it must be manufactured in some kind of a curved mold, not molded flat like the Winnebago Micro Minnie. If you will go through the plethora of posts on this site you will find many discussions about water leaks in the molded fiberglass campers so the crux of that is that all types of campers are prone to leaking.

Being lightweight I suspect that it is using aluminum constriction molded between the inner and outer layers.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
I disagree with Darwin.

The Sticky built's have something that Molded Fiberglass RV's don't have, edges, at least 60+ feet of them that are all opportunities for leaks. And edge leaks are much more prone to do inside wall damage than leaks on a typical FGRV might experience. It's edge leaks and panel seams leaks that are the death knell of the stick-built RV.

I say that "Molded Fiberglass RV" means that the outside shell, and usually a lot of the inside pieces, were all made in a unique mold, not from stock materials bought off the shelf or made to order from a supplier. And, BTW: No edges.....

The Toyota based 1993 Winnebago Micro Minnie had basically the same construction. The inside of the walls are usually a honeycomb composite. I have never seen any kind of structural members inside flat fiberglass sheet walls. They do mentions an aluminum frame, but big and heavy is still the watchword.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote