Winter - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #1

Name: Imogene
Trailer: 2013 Casita
Missouri
Winter

Thank goodness for all the postings that people do.....keeps me amused, entertained, and informed.

My drive-way is ice so my truck has not left its space for for many days and i am too lazy to walk the 1/4 mile uphill to the main dirt road to catch a ride anywhere. However, am thankful I do not live where this is the norm for several months of the year.

Happy Winter
Imo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #2

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Im hopeing for a mild winter myself lol. Late february a friend is haveing a party, there an hour north of Albany. If the roads are snow/ice clear and the weather forcast is good, I would drive up to hang out with them for the weekend. Everyone else will be sleeping in his slightly heated barn...I will be sleepin in comfort in my ParkLiner!

I can't wait for camping season to start!

deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Winter.... Have trailer will find summer. It's somewhere around 50 to 60 degrees right now here in Death Valley. Bright and sunny. A bit nippy at night, down near freezing. But the sun, yes the sun is nice.
For those that can't for some reason or another can't enjoy southern winter camping you have my sympathies. I've been there.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #4

Name: Imogene
Trailer: 2013 Casita
Missouri
Thanks Byron, the farm is being listed for sale within the next month. After 14+ years it is time to do something else, like the freedom to travel more, even in the winter. It's been a hard decision, but I ain't getting any younger. The hardest part is selling the sheep, I have really enjoyed working with them. cattle were sold last summer. Maybe I can sell as a turn-key operation and hit the road come this fall.
Imo. is offline   Reply With Quote