winter - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2016, 09:16 AM   #1

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
winter

Not ready for this. I should jump in the camper and head south ,while there is still time. But not sure if I can find a home. Carl
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0910.jpg  
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:35 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Our plan was to head south tomorrow. Woke up this morning to 6" of snow. Should have left yesterday when it was sunny and 60 degrees. Trip route is to Scranton PA then down I 81. What's it like in that area Carl?
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:53 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Carl
This time if year (winter) the Fla. state parks have openings during the week. Weekend sites are hard to find due to kids/family camping. It's too hot to camp during the summer for family camping. A few people overbook and you may find canceled sites. Sites can be found between now and new year but Jan.-Mar. options tighten up.
If you are willing to move around (parks and sites) and spend time on Reserve America you can get out of the cold north even on fairly short notice.
Hint: Search for weekend dates, then look at the park date range availability and find other week day sites in the same park or parks near by.
There are county campgrounds down here that may have sites but you usually have to call them since they don't advertise or use a reservation system. Check out Polk county Fl.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:48 AM   #4

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Our plan was to head south tomorrow. Woke up this morning to 6" of snow. Should have left yesterday when it was sunny and 60 degrees. Trip route is to Scranton PA then down I 81. What's it like in that area Carl?
Oh its fine here, just on the grass. I do not know how it is in Scranton. It is about 50-60 miles north of us. 81 S should be good. Carl
Old 11-20-2016, 10:53 AM   #5

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
Carl
This time if year (winter) the Fla. state parks have openings during the week. Weekend sites are hard to find due to kids/family camping. It's too hot to camp during the summer for family camping. A few people overbook and you may find canceled sites. Sites can be found between now and new year but Jan.-Mar. options tighten up.
If you are willing to move around (parks and sites) and spend time on Reserve America you can get out of the cold north even on fairly short notice.
Hint: Search for weekend dates, then look at the park date range availability and find other week day sites in the same park or parks near by.
There are county campgrounds down here that may have sites but you usually have to call them since they don't advertise or use a reservation system. Check out Polk county Fl.
Eddie
Thanks for the tips. As soon as I get my confidence of trailer traveling and camp site savy, I will do that in a year or so. carl