Winter camping - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2005, 08:41 PM   #1

Trailer: Love Bug / Chevy Astro

I just got back from deer hunting where I spent 4 days camping with my Love Bug. Several people stopped at our camp site to comment on my trailer. I have never winter camped in a FG trailer before and didn't know what to expect. The night time temperatures were as low as 15 degrees with daytime highs of 35 degrees. The direct vent Suburban furnace worked great and it kept the camper at 55 degrees at night.

There was minimal condensation inside, mostly on the windows. I will still bring the cushions into the house to totally dry them.

My brother ended up staying in the Bug and with all of our hunting gear, it was crowded. Good thing we just slept in the camper, spent most of the time outside in a somewhat heated picnic shelter.

One of my friends is in the market for a 13' FG camper now. He loved the fact that I backed into the campground and was ready for the night. He had to set up his pop-up and had sever condensation all 4 days. He is also considering an A-liner but I think that he is leaning towards a FG.

Have a great Holiday Season and you will all be in my prayers for safe traveling and good health.
Bob Cupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 04:27 AM   #2

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Boler and 1980 Trillium 5500
Way to go! Did you get a deer? I leave for a Pennsylvania hunt soon - but no trailer this year. I do plan on using it next year after I replace the gas valve on my furnace. Very pleased to hear your report - 55 fareneheit is just fine! Cheers, Alec
Al Stansell is offline   Reply With Quote