Winter Day - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Winter Day

Here I am in mid-Michigan, 2 days after an ice storm, on Christmas eve. I'm one of the lucky ones because I have power. There are many that do not. The trees are still glittering with ice. Our willows took a big hit and I'm sure more branches will still be coming down.

What is your winter day like?
Attached Thumbnails
icy tree today.jpg   More Trees.jpg  

Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #2

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Beautiful pictures but not so great for some folks as you say. Glad you have power.
My winter's day is hoping it gets above the freezing mark. Streets are clear and my shopping is done.
Stay safe and warm. Happy Yule.
Patti
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #3

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
Merry Christmas, Pam! It's quite amazing, isn't it? I am just across the Bluewater Bridge in Ontario and the ice missed us completely.

Your pictures are beautiful. There are similar pictures from the east of us, especially in TO. and area. But so many people without power. It will definitely be an old-fashion Christmas for those folks. I do feel sorry for the elderly that may not be able to cope. I pray there is family or neighbours that are looking out for them.

I hope your tree doesn't suffer too much more damage.
Noreen Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #4

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
My place looked like Pam's because I also live in Michigan. Yesterday, with my EggCamper hitched up,I had to be towed out of my driveway due to a couple inches of snow on top of glare ice. Today I'm at my son's place in Indianapolis where it's cold, sunny, and COLD. In a few more days I'll be on my way to Arizona and staying until I'm ready to come home. Merry Christmas everybody.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Great photos! Sorry about the Willows - I've been there, loosing 5 trees, a window & part of a roof during a 1987 ice storm. 1 week without electricity; thank God for the wood stove.

While I have enjoyed 69 years of northeast winters, I have to admit that I'm really enjoying the 70°F temperatures here in southern Arizona. Never thought I'd be a snowbird, but I'm giving it a try!
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #6

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
It's sunny here today, but frigidly cold.
I love snow, but hate the ice.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:51 AM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
My place looked like Pam's because I also live in Michigan. Yesterday, with my EggCamper hitched up,I had to be towed out of my driveway due to a couple inches of snow on top of glare ice. Today I'm at my son's place in Indianapolis where it's cold, sunny, and COLD. In a few more days I'll be on my way to Arizona and staying until I'm ready to come home. Merry Christmas everybody.
Bob, Have a great winter in the !!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:43 AM   #8

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... Just got back from Christmas in our Nations Capitol. -23*C and I froze my sinuses...what a headache!!! Driving up at the height of the ice storm enough people stayed off the roads to make it an easy trip...thanks to 4X4.
We were spared but Toronto took a direct hit with 350,000 having cold turkey and 50,000 still out after 5 days.
No time to take pictures as I was to busy staying on the road. I'm ready to try the "Snowbird" thingy too!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #9

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
my mom in toronto got her power back on after supper on christmas day (out since midnight on sunday). luckily she and my brother were able to go to my sister's who did have hydro. here---lots of snow (over 3 feet in 10 days), lots of ice, with more snow on the way sunday.
to all the snowbirders---jon, bob, alf and mary anne----i sooooo envy you!
our day is coming..in a few years.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #10

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
I was thinking of you, Theresa, as I followed news of the storm east. Sorry to hear your Mom experienced the power outage in TO. I hope her home has not sustained damage from the cold and ice.

I hope you and Dennis stay safe and warm until we meet up again in May.
Noreen Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #11

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Here I am in mid-Michigan, 2 days after an ice storm, on Christmas eve. I'm one of the lucky ones because I have power. There are many that do not. The trees are still glittering with ice. Our willows took a big hit and I'm sure more branches will still be coming down.

What is your winter day like?

My Best Friend is born & raised Flint/Durand girl.....she laughs when I tell her it is cold here( Tx Gulf Coast ) ! We have had several days in the 30's....even had ice once or twice this year already...add hard wind coming from the north to that mix and it sure gets the best of us My friend wants to trade weather but I always tell her no thanks Today at 1:30pm it is 57F with winds NE at 7 t0 10MPH! We are wearing coats

You folks all be careful in that bad weather ,stay warm as you can.I hope you are all safe and warm.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote