Winter Is Coming - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-29-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
Well winter is approaching. I winterized yesterday and am now wanting to do some winter /cold weather camping. Snow is covering our mountain tops here, and morning temps are below zero C.
Last week in our travels in Southern Alberta we had 30 t0 35 C temps. It was extremely nice, Its amazing how fast weather can change.
Just a reminder for all to get winterized soon.

Retired Underground Coal Miner.
Served in Canadian Army (1PPCLI)
Chester Taje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Oh ye of northern climates.

Winterized for us means we can turn off the AC and open the windows. We can camp locally now and don't have to drive four hours north or west to find something under 100. Yes, winterizing is a great time of year down here. In Arizona, "long johns" are a type of donut. See you guys in the Spring, unless of course you come and visit.........

Scamp Owners International
2005 Escape 17-B
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #3
Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Winterization in the northwest, at least for us, is neither as extreme as the northern folks or as pleasant as you southwesterners. It mostly means getting anything out of the trailer that might mold, be sure everything is dry, dry, dry. Too much winterization might prevent one from enjoying a late fall weekend trip should there be !
"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving." -- Lao Tzu

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
there is nothing more painful to us than having to declare the camping season officially over. soooo, in honour of that, this weekend we are taking the outback down to truro, nova scotia, to a corn maze...tons of activities for the kids---not mine, who are grown, but someone's!!---any excuse to go on one more trip!
can't wait until march when we are looking forward to 6-7 weeks down in the warmer climes in the southern states.
i never felt this way about camping--re: extending the season--until we got this trillium. i just love being out in it!!!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:52 PM   #5
Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
Hey Greg, I love your explanation of winter in Arizona. Lucky you! WInter camping with no snow! Maybe someday I will retire and head that way. The heat is on in the house already here and snow forcast for the northern part of the state. If my grandparents were alive I sure would ask them WHY they settled in the northern part of the country.
I will be putting my camper nite-nite in the back yard soon for the next 8 months. Then I will hibernate under the covers to keep warm. Brrrrrr already.
Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote