wintertime coming - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #1

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
wintertime coming

I think it's time to put my Scamp 13 away for the winter. Will drain the water tank and put all the items that have gathered throughout the summer to bed in their closets and cupboards. I have to get in touch with Scamp at Bacus to order one seat cover that is badly torn, the results of a bear opening the back-side window and pulling the cushion out and proceeding to tear the cover apart. The joys of living in the country. I will check in next year and tell about my "ghost hunting" as I look for ancestors in CA and NV. Happy trails. Marg in NW California
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:07 AM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
LOL - Sorry to hear about the damage Marg! I need to be bear aware in my neighbourhood as well.... currently the time of year when we start to see them fairly frequently in the neighbourhood as the are searching for fast food in order to stock up for winter. Have never had one try to get int the trailer though - at least not yet. I do remove most of the food from it though in hopes they don't get to interested in it.

Today is garbage day and we are restricted due to the bears to not putting our cans outside until 7AM on garbage day. The bears seem to know the garbage schedule and one big guy was seen this morning walking down the road and checking out each can - he is pretty smart and did not bother with any the cans that are said to be bear resistant cans (doesnt mean he couldn't get it open if he really wanted - they are just harder to get open) and he was going for the standard issue garbage cans that are way easier for him to knock over and the lid just pops off for him. LOL

Oh and I don't live in what most here would call the country either! LOL
Attached Thumbnails
img-0-5071754-jpg.jpg  
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:23 PM   #3

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I'm temporarily winterizing my EggCamper but will be heading to Florida the day after Thanksgiving.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote