wire rack - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2009, 12:39 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita
I have googled everything and cant find a place that sells that little white wire rack behind the sink in my Casita.

Any help? What is it called?
ronsmith100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1974 and Burro 1986 17 ft Widebody
Quote:
I have googled everything and cant find a place that sells that little white wire rack behind the sink in my Casita.

Any help? What is it called?
Try Menards/Home Depot/Lowes-call first=time & gas.-Mary Lynn
Mary Lynn K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:10 PM   #3

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
...or call Casita, they'll probably send you one.

Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #4

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Do you have a picture?
I don't have a Casita but I do have a photographic memory and shop a lot!
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
...or call Casita, they'll probably send you one.

Kathie
Alright Kathie, why didn't you point Ron to your topic discussing the wire rack? Maybe if he saw what you did, he'd change his mind
Kitchen redo, Never liked wire rack
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Alright Kathie, why didn't you point Ron to your topic discussing the wire rack? Maybe if he saw what you did, he'd change his mind
Kitchen redo, Never liked wire rack
I already found that post, Donna. I did a search. It doesn't show the wire rack that sits directly behind the sink.
I can for sure order another one from Victor at Caista if we could ever connect and that is a real big problem these days in Rice. Scamp has parts ordering electronically online. Casita does not... not even close when you consider that there is only one person to handle the ordering and he is almost always "away from his desk" AND they don't even have voice mail there!!! You have to leave a message with the operator who writes it down on one of those old time "while you were out" tickets and she eventually gets it physically to Victor sometime during the day and then he takes two days to call you back and if you happen to not be around your phone he leaves a message on MY answering machine... seriously... the irony of it all.

So I am trying to find a supplier of these kinds of things and get some ideas about replacing the rack or adding another just to the right of the one that comes with my egg. Maybe I will take the original down and replace it with something else.

Ill go shoot a picture and post it

Thanks anyway

Old 05-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #7

Quote:
I already found that post, Donna. I did a search.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #8

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Ron, if your talking about the one I think you are, and I can get the blasted thing off the wall, You are more than welcome to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! I hate that thing! I would love to get rid of it. There has got to be something better. So like I said, if it's what I think it is, and I can get it off without tearing it up, it's all yours!

Hmmm, thats funny I just talked to the parts dept last week I guess good timing. As usual he was super helpful. And explained the part I needed was available at HD, well maybe HD in Texas, but not HD in Northern Colorado. He did tell me if I couldn't find it, he could send it to me.

Post a pic of what your looking for, You just might have found it, if you don't mind a used one. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Ron, if your talking about the one I think you are, and I can get the blasted thing off the wall, You are more than welcome to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! I hate that thing! I would love to get rid of it. There has got to be something better. So like I said, if it's what I think it is, and I can get it off without tearing it up, it's all yours!

Hmmm, thats funny I just talked to the parts dept last week I guess good timing. As usual he was super helpful. And explained the part I needed was available at HD, well maybe HD in Texas, but not HD in Northern Colorado. He did tell me if I couldn't find it, he could send it to me.

Post a pic of what your looking for, You just might have found it, if you don't mind a used one. Robin
Here's the picture. I would love to have another one or something similar. I like to keep the top clear for easy cleaning so putting stuff up on the wall there is ok by me. I guess my egg looks about like my machine shop. Not pretty but highly utilitarian... things are easy to see and get to.

You have to drill it out with a 1/8. Don't go to the trouble. I'll get one from Victor. I've been getting stuff from him for years. If you can catch him at his desk it real easy to work with him and he has answered a lot of my questions. Just the last time he was never there and I stopped leaving operator notes to have him call back. You have to get lucky or be persistent.

Thanks Robin

Attached Thumbnails
casitia_kichen.jpg  
Old 05-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #10

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Ron: Home Depot has "piles" of the wire racks. Otherwise, Casita is a good source for keeping with the original ite. Victor is "very" conscientious and will contact you ASAP. Answering machines and cell phones are great convenience items.
Larry Lecuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #11

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Ron, I have a single one, not tiered. I purchased at either a local hardware store in the kitchen section or at WalMart.

As far as tiered ones like you have I've seen them at Camping World.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #12

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Ron, Honestly if you can't find what your looking for at one of the suggested stores, You really can have mine! I truly hate it! I wasn't kidding.............. To me it's a pain.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:46 PM   #13

"One person's trash is another person's treasure."
Old 05-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #14

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Our super Target has them
Old 05-10-2009, 09:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Our super Target has them
I'll go to St George Lowes and Home depot next week. Its an hour and a half drive. That's why I try to get everything I need on line.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #16

Quote:
I'll go to St George Lowes and Home depot next week. Its an hour and a half drive. That's why I try to get everything I need on line.
ROADTRIP! Okay, how about shopping Lowes and Home Depot online? A quick search at Lowes.com brought up five pages of wire storage solution products:
Lowes.com five pages Maybe be refining your search words you'll find exactly what you're looking for.

Good luck Ron!
Old 05-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #17

Quote:
ROADTRIP! Okay, how about shopping Lowes and Home Depot online? A quick search at Lowes.com brought up five pages of wire storage solution products:
Lowes.com five pages Maybe be refining your search words you'll find exactly what you're looking for.

Good luck Ron!
DANG IT! I hate it when that happens. Here I am trying to hold off senility only to get reminded (once again) of my mental limits!

I was searching "wire racks" instead of "wire storage". I just now put that in Google and got well over a thousand hits.

I think I'll make this my spring run to St George anyway. Its a $200 trip for me in that if I don't buy at least that much I cant save enough (walmart, Lowes, etc) to pay for the miles. We have an ACE and a True Value and a grocery store all of which (whom of which?) are just about 20% higher than the big towns so the freezer gets stuffed to the hilt. I'll enjoy my strole through Lowes "wire storage" area... sheesh