wish me luck - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-21-2008, 06:04 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
saw part of a camper poking out from the back of a house today about 4 miles from my house , circled around about 3 times , looked a whole lot like a wide body burro from the pictures i have seen here , or it could of been a u-haul , anyway it looked like it had been there for a while had those black streaks down the sides they get when parked for a while , i knocked but nobody was home , so i left i note saying a saw the camper from the road and wondered if it might be for sale , with my phone # . . . . . so anyway , wish me luck , and because of this forum if by chance i do get to look at it, i will know what i am looking at

Old 11-21-2008, 06:07 PM   #2

Trailer: Eggless at the moment
Here's to your success!

Old 11-21-2008, 06:11 PM   #3

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Luck, luck, luck and don't forget to print out and take the Buyers Check List with you.

Here's to hoping for a positive outcome
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:30 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hey, Mark - keeping our fingers crossed for success in your "Egg Hunt". L 'n D
Old 11-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #5

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Best wishes,

If they don't call back ... I might suggest you drive by every now and then until you catch someone at home.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:54 AM   #6

Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Mpls,Minnesota
Registry
Put a note on the door ( not the trailer ) with your best CASH offer also your name and phone number.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pile_of_100_dollar_bills_blue_background.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	16916
Old 11-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #7

thanks for all the luck wishes, its monday, and i put the note in their paper box on friday and have had no calls yet, i really hate to go knock on the door because i do not like to bother anyone , i think i`ll give a few more then do a " drive-by" maybe i can catch someone outside instead of knocking
Old 11-24-2008, 10:35 PM   #8

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hang in there, Mark! Gentle persistence is the key THAT'S how Gina D. acquired her McMansion ... a terrific 17 ft Burro. Good luck - L 'n D
Old 12-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #9

so its been over a week and no responce , i realy hate to bother anyone at home, i care for telemarketers and people going door to door either selling something or wanting you to join something , BUT how do i know they even got the note i left , or if they did get it , how far do i go on this, i have driven buy the house 4 or 5 times the past week and nothing has changed , maybe i`ll wait another week and do a polite door knock on s sunny weekend day
Old 12-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #10

the part i can see sure does look like a burro wide-body , so as of now the camper i would like to find would be a burro wide-body, bathroom, furnace, ac, self contained , sleep two very comforatbly, but the option to sleep 5 in a pinch , screen door, fantastic fan , awning, reciver hitch in the back for a bike rack, or one of those utility racks and cost 3 grand , is that asking to much ?
Old 12-02-2008, 06:48 PM   #11

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Having recently shopped in the 13' range, I'd say that you're going to have to find either a "fixer upper" or a "steal" to get a 16+ footer for $3000 (and without getting really creative, you'd need a 16' to sleep five).

That's not to say they're not out there, but that wouldn't be a "normal" price.

Raya
Old 12-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #12

Trailer: 1972 13 ft Boler American
put another note with your email address, maybe they'll drop you an email versus calling you...

This is exactly how I found my 1972 Boler American - - I left a note on their mailbox saying I was interested in their camper and wanted to offer a fair price that we could both agree on.

I paid $750 for my camper, but it needed to be gutted completely. Currently it's road worthy - and I can sleep in it, but they are all work in progresses aren't they??
Old 12-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #13

Name: April
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
Oregon
I was reading this thread, and thought, maybe those people had gone away for the holidays?? That may be why you have not heard anything. I don't think it would hurt to try another note, worse case is they don't want to sell it, and will simply toss the note away. It might be worth the risk to knock, even if you don't get a good response, at least you will have an answer.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:50 PM   #14

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:
I was reading this thread, and thought, maybe those people had gone away for the holidays?? That may be why you have not heard anything. I don't think it would hurt to try another note, worse case is they don't want to sell it, and will simply toss the note away. It might be worth the risk to knock, even if you don't get a good response, at least you will have an answer.
We went to the place that we got ours for over a week, 2-3 times a day. Talked to family members...and didn't give up. Got multiple stories, but finally got the trailer. Persistance won out. With it being near christmas, everyone needs money. If they even have thought about selling, ask this question...Would you be interested in selling? I want one to renovate, how much would you be willing to sell it for?

Than, if its reasonable, buy it, if not, negotiate!!