Wondering what it could be........ - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #15

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Penny, was the trailer RED on the bottom half? The buyer of my red and white Burro lives in Sequim Washington and gets around in it quite a bit.

It is the same Burro pictured above. I took that pic on one of my first outings, before I painted it.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #16

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Quote:
Penny, was the trailer RED on the bottom half? The buyer of my red and white Burro lives in Sequim Washington and gets around in it quite a bit.

It is the same Burro pictured above. I took that pic on one of my first outings, before I painted it.

No red, but good to know your little Burro is living here, we will keep a look out for it! I have seen pics here of it and think it would be easy to see if it drove by!

This has been a lively discussion - and I have learned more about little eggs with the seam over the top! I still miss the cuteness of our 13' Burro and now I know about the equally cute Companion and Cloud. But then we go somewhere in our 17' Escape and hear someone walk by say "that's a cute little trailer!" I guess cute "egginess" is all relative!

Roger, you should write a book on the history of molded fiberglass trailers, you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge! And I am sure what you may not know there are plenty here to fill in the gaps!

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #17

Trailer: 13 ft Burro
Quote:
I've seen a lot of Burro pic's on eBay without a logo. If it were a "kit" the 1st owner might have just left the logo off.

Burro's had small bumpers. U-Haul's & Cloud's had MASSIVE bumpers.

I love those massive bumpers! and the continental kit, I had a suspicion that the bumpers where made of fiberglass and bolted to a regular bumper and Bob D. from the forum confirmed it to me.

" Scott

The bumper is 'glass. Raw, no gelcoat.

Bob

I would love to do that to my burro I may show pics to a fiberglasser and see ifhe could make me a set.