Wooohoooo! I'm Trillium 1300 Owner! - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Well today was my lucky day and I bought a 1975 Trillium 1300!
To top it off it's the funky green colour that I really wanted.
Now I just have to wait a week or so so I can pick it up....gonna be a long week!
I'll post up pictures once it's home safe and sound.
Have a great weekend, I sure am!

Old 10-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #2

Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
Great for you----Have fun with it.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:41 PM   #3

Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Mpls,Minnesota
Registry
Will you you be able to work on it over the winter? I know you will want to do some updates or mods.
Have fun with it.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:04 PM   #4

Registry
Quote:
Will you you be able to work on it over the winter? I know you will want to do some updates or mods.
Have fun with it.
I definitly have some stuff that I have to do....the previous owner has started replacing the caulking around the windows and the belly band (?) (the joining seam between the two halves) so I will have to complete that job so that she is properly sealed. Time to do some searching as to what kind of caulking/putty to replace it with.....Anybody know?

I need to get a propane tank, battery and I'm thinking a converter wouldn't be such a bad idea.

I'm lucky because the interior fabrics are in good shape, just going to do some painting of cupboard doors, lay a new linoleum tile floor and reface the table....the fun stuff!

Once the weather inproves I'll be out there polishing the fiberglass....looking pretty oxidized....I'm not expecting miracles but anything is an improvement.

All and all not too bad for a 34 year old trailer!
Old 10-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #5

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Congratulations, 1975 was a great year for Trilliums =)

You will want to use Butyl tape that you apply to the window before you install them. It's available at RV stores.

I replaced my converter with a 3 stage last year. It ran around $130 USD and then another $100 to have an RV shop replace it - I wasn't confident at the time at doing it myself. It's been very nice to have as I just have to plug it in after a trip with no monitoring.

There are several threads on polishing the exterior. I have bought some Poli-Glow which other members have tried but I was waiting until my shop and covered RV space was done to try it. The Poli-Wash that comes with it worked great for removing the black streaks and mold on the trailer. I have also read the Borax is greating for cleaning up the surface.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:52 AM   #6

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
HHMMMM! There has been one (of the colour you describe) for sale out here near me in Maple Ridge!
Noted just today, there it was, ....G O N E !!! Wondered where it moved to....!
Old 10-25-2009, 01:51 AM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Emily, and congratulations on getting your Trillium. We will never forget the thrill of finding our Scamp! Enjoy all the experiences of making 'her' your own and be sure to post pics ... we love pictures! We wish you safe journeys and many happy memories. Regards, L 'n D
Old 10-25-2009, 10:07 AM   #8

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot

I remember the excitement of finding our first Burro and the continued fun of making it our own. You will have many happy adventures ahead. Congratulations and welcome! I look forward to seeing photos of your progress.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #9

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Congrat's! Have fun making it your own. And yes we would love to see pic's...............
Old 10-25-2009, 12:29 PM   #10

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Congratulations!
Old 10-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #11

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Good for you I would imagine you're sitting on pins and needles waiting to bring it home.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
HHMMMM! There has been one (of the colour you describe) for sale out here near me in Maple Ridge!
Noted just today, there it was, ....G O N E !!! Wondered where it moved to....!
Yup that's the one!
It's not quite at my house yet, it's still hiding in a backyard in Maple Ridge....coming home hopefully next weekend!

Thanks everyone for all the "congratulations" and I'm looking forward to many happy trailer trips!
Old 10-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #13

Trailer: Had to sell, no longer an egg owner
British Columbia
That's exciting.

One cautionary note...with our local (wet) weather, I would take all the soft bits out (foam, etc.) into a dry environment and then keep a sharp eye out for leaks.

We picked ours up a year and a bit back and the fellow said many times that it didn't leak. Turns out he always had it undercover in the winter (White Rock area) so he didn't know that it actually leaked in numerous spots when stored outside for the winter in rainy Coquitlam.

When I went into it last February to check on it the entire wall and ceiling area was covered in black mildew (mould?) and soaking wet. That was caused by condensation, but there were also puddles in numerous locations (in the raised area for the bed at the back and inside the "hidden" area under the plywood covers both in the back and at the front).

A nasty surprise to be sure. I spent the summer fighting these leaks and I may finally have them all tracked down. The surprising ones were the tiny pinholes caused by flying rocks in the supposed "rock guard" area at the front.

I hope to get one of those portable shelters to erect over it this winter.

Dave
Old 10-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #14

Registry
Thanks Dave for the heads up.
Right now the trailer is wrapped up in a tarp but when it finally makes it to my place I'm going to build an awning off the side of my garage to keep it nice and dry....I hope

Tags
trillium