Would you like a box? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-17-2014, 07:37 AM   #1

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Would you like a box?

I read this on the RV daily tips website. It is great advice, no matter the size of your rig:
RVing Tip of the Day
RVers: Slow down and enjoy life
by Jim Twamley

We enjoy the RV lifestyle for many reasons. Travel and experiencing new adventures is at the top of the list. Seeing old friends and being able to spend time with family members scattered all over the map is also a huge benefit. Being where the weather is nice is also a plus.

Another great aspect of this lifestyle is that I can live slow. I ran in the fast lane so long that slowing down and savoring life was not easy. I still haven't mastered it, but I'm beginning to catch the vision.

One day we went out to Chinese food with relatives and at the end of the meal here comes the fortune cookie. This is what mine said: "Do not rush through life. Pause and enjoy it." Now if you want to have fun with fortune cookies, always add the words "in bed" at the end of the fortune. Playing this little game has made us laugh and laugh over the years. Try it the next time you eat Chinese food.

Laughter is a good thing, making your heart merry. We could use more laughter in the world today. So I'll pass on this funny thought from my adventures at the warehouse store Costco. I was wandering the aisles like a zombie when I happened on this display (see picture). I'm thinking, "Are these the leftover ends after they've shortened caskets for short people?" I was speechless at the thought of buying a casket at Costco. Not a bad idea really, and the prices are great, so I snapped a picture and wandered on, quickly forgetting about it as I munched on samples handed out by a delightful lady with some kind of small fishnet on her head.

As we went through the checkout register the cashier asked me, "Would you like a box?" Not just yet.… —Jim Twamley, Professor of RVing
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:43 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
If the price is right it makes sense and you can always stand it on its end and put some display shelves in it for knick knacks until you need in the horizontal position.
Me, all I will need is a plastic bag and a coffee can until my grandchildren can get me to a certain beach on the Northern Peninsula. After that I will be beachcombing forever.
SD
Old 11-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #3

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: theresa p... My mother always said "As long as I don't end up in a shoe box... like your aunt did". We used her beautiful "Werther's" tin, placed in a purple velvet drawstring bag.
I made a gold wreath of Werther's candies so everyone attending could enjoy her favorite treat.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #4

Name: Randy
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
We used her beautiful "Werther's" tin, placed in a purple velvet drawstring bag. I made a gold wreath of Werther's candies so everyone attending could enjoy her favorite treat.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
I'm not sure if that's just sad or a beautiful way to go but I'm a sucker for hard candies.
Randy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #5

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
My Boss told us the "in bed" add-on after a fortune cookie fortune. Another one I heard was to add "in the back seat".
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #6

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
alf----i LOVE the story of your mom's wreath. and dave----i, too, only need a teapot. the boys know where to take me after that. i guess i'm like rita mcneil--she, too, requested a teapot.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #7

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Add a couple of wheels to the casket and you can tow it!!
Old 11-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #8

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
This made me guffaw!

As a somewhat normal young person I was occasionally irreverent. Some friends and I totally lost our self control at church one day when one person muttered 'Between The Sheets' after the hymn was announced. We had played with this game a few weeks earlier at a camp out and when it showed up after the words "All Things Bright and Beautiful' it was TOO MUCH. As one girl said later "I laughed so hard the tears were running down my legs".
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 09:54 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel in Sk View Post
...."I laughed so hard the tears were running down my legs".
Diet Coke just shot out my nose...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:37 PM   #10

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
I am so sorry about that.

(Had to apologise because I'm Canadian now)
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote