Would you want a three burner stove? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #15

Name: Maggie
Trailer: 2010 Trillium 13' (California-made)
Vermont
Registry
Raz and my in-camper cooking habits are pretty much limited to breakfast and an occasional pot o'soup. The 3-burner (with a great hinged cover) in our 2010 Trillium is very nice but a bit of overkill for our habits.

We were just curious to see how many people regularly utilize 3-burners. It's fun to read how different we all are! And that is what makes our world go 'round.

From snowy Vermont ...
Maggie

Old 02-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #16

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Actually I would prefer a "one-burner" about half the size of the "two-burner" which is now causing wasted space in my Scamp.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #17

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Go Robert! As I keep telling people, I like to bake things. Cookies, cakes, lasagna, breakfast casseroles, roasted veggies, pizza...someday I will have an oven in a dual axle bigfoot or a 25ft rear bedroom!!!

As for the other suggestions I have looked at the Cobb set up and I would love to see one in person, the Nuwave oven has to have power and frequently we dry camp. Running it with the generator would work but doesn't seem practical.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #18

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
I lit the 2 burner in my Boler just to see if it worked, it did and it got real warm real quick. 2 is plenty for me.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:31 PM   #19

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
... As I keep telling people, I like to bake things.
As for the other suggestions I have looked at the Cobb set up and I would love to see one in person, the Nuwave oven has to have power and frequently we dry camp. Running it with the generator would work but doesn't seem practical.
Hubby proudly sent me a pic of the small roast with veg he had cooked in the Cobb when he took the Boler on a business trip (nicer to stay by the lake and sit by a fire than eat fried food then watch the tube) but I can't find the photo now.

However, the pics attached from the Cobb website are true enough -- other than that our Cobb was that sparkling clean for hmmm, a good two or three campouts at most. The small central bbq pit at the bottom holds the coals and helps concentrate the heat around and up.

We have had to add more coals half-way through, if it's an especially big roast or dense bird. That can be tricky, to shift the meat to get at the coal pit.

And, like I said, even though the lovely drippings fall in the well, it's impossible to strain out the coal ashes, so no gravy!

We don't use power when camping, so the Cobb is a slow-roast alternative to a big hot wood or coal BBQ when you need chicken pieces or steaks you can turn over the flames or move to the edges of the fire.

If you go on a long trip and are sick of BBQ outside or boiled/fried inside, it's a beautiful thing to have a roast. Read a book, keep your feet up.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cobb pics.pdf (119.4 KB, 24 views)
Old 02-19-2011, 01:00 PM   #20

Name: Tom
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
California
Registry
I replaced the newer 2 burner cook-top with a 3 burner range. I frequently have all three going. I use the oven, too - Actually baked a Papa Murphy's pizza, mmmmmm pizza.

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:22 PM   #21

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I do all my cooking inside and I wouldn't mind having a third burner. If only for the coffee pot like Gina said. Then I'd have the other 2 for actual cooking.
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:40 AM   #22

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Washington
Registry
3 burner / coleman oven

I frequently make use of 3 burners; just use small pots. For baking some brownies or cornbread, or warming up bread or rolls, the folding Coleman Camp Oven works pretty well. You just need to set it up, then preheat it and bake! It's cool!

Fran
74 Compact II
Old 02-20-2011, 08:02 PM   #23

Name: Larry & Joyce
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Fergus Ontario
Registry
No. I would not want a 3 burner stove. 2 have always been adequate for us. But of course, that's just us.... We generally cook outside on our Naptha gas Coleman anyway.

Larry
Old 02-21-2011, 12:30 AM   #24

Name: Herb
Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Arizona
It is extremely rare for us to use more than one burner at any time. We had ovens in 2 stickbuilts and used them for pot storage. We do use a gas BBQ outside.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #25

Trailer: 76 Honey Neonex Boler
Saskatchewan
Registry
All my cooking is done outside on a 3 burner Coleman stove. It provides good space for larger pots but is a little bulky to pack. I've used the inside stove once or twice for morning coffee only. I don't really want to have food odors in the Boler as I camp in bear country.

Karen
Old 02-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #26

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Speaking of Bear Country...I did little cooking inside or outside while on my Alaska trip. I ate out or purchased cooked food to bring back to eat outside the trailer. I immediately got rid of the packages/cartons it came in.
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:49 PM   #27

Trailer: 17.5 ft and 25 ft FB Bigfoot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
Go Robert! As I keep telling people, I like to bake things. Cookies, cakes, lasagna, breakfast casseroles, roasted veggies, pizza...someday I will have an oven in a dual axle bigfoot or a 25ft rear bedroom!!!

I recenty saw a portable camping type propane oven in Costco. I think it would work very well except that is it quite small.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #28

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
I wouldn't want fewer than the three burners that I have since I have a griddle that spans two burners, and I use it a lot. I also use a stovetop Camp Oven, although I'm getting ready to install a regular stove/oven unit that will make the stovetop oven unnecessary.