yay! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2009, 12:48 AM   #1

Trailer: 1994 Lite House
today i finally got to see our new trailer in person. this was my first major purchase sight unseen. all in tip top condition. one slight gel coat issue but nothing major. these lite houses are amazing. i don't know if the fans are common but it has a thermostat on it. it has a knob that adjust the temp and it will automatically come on at a set temp! now i get to decide what colors I'm going to use to reupholster it. it has the normal rv scratchy seat cushions. I'm thinking about sewing covers for them with fleece on one side and a medium cotton on the flip side. that way if its hot i can flip the fleece over. Sadly the little lady got sick and we had to return home so we didn't get to stay in it yet.... If you need any of the lite house manuals i think i have them all.
Attached Thumbnails
myspace_trailer..jpg   myspace_trailer_7.jpg  

myspace_trailer_2.jpg   myspace_trailer_4.jpg  

curtis c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Curtis, you only got to see it? Not take it home? Hope your wife is feeling better! And hopefully you guys will be able to soon take it out camping! Enjoy! Congrats!

Thanks for the pics. I think the Lite house and Lil Joes are soooooo cute!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I (and my cruising buddy) used fleece sheets on all of our settee cushions (for sleeping) --- even in the tropics. It seems like it would be hot but we didn't find it so. We found it the least "damp and sticky" of anything except for 100% polyester sheets - and they were so horribly scratchy we threw them out.

I don't know that I'd use it for an actual cushion cover though, as it is not that durable and is stretchy. It actually "sticks" quite well even when just laid on top, or you could make a loose slip-cover more like a bottom sheet.

What we did was use the actual cushion upholstery during the day (it was a nice fabric, kind of like velour car seat upholstery), and then roll out our fleece bottom sheets at night. During the day we rolled them up and stored them in large throw cushion covers, and they became our lean-on pillows (just a square of about 24" x 24" with a zipper on one side; they were originally store bought pillows and we discarded the stuffing). Our sheets were just rectangles about the size of the seat cushion.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:34 PM   #4

Trailer: 1994 Lite House
yea thats a good idea with the slip cover. so your saying you made it go over all of the foam pieces like a sheet? that would also keep the foam from wandering around. mostly i need to change the fabric because its starting to flake off a bit and it irritates my skin and eyes. i got 2 red spots from just a few minutes. thats why i was thinking a medium cotton twill type fabric on one side and fleece on the other. but now after seeing that fitted fleece type cover in my mind I'm liking the idea of that better. also you don't get food stuffs accidentally in your bed. i love the pillow storage idea aswell. i'm also trying to figure out a way to add a layer of fabric over the insulation. maybe using some kind of flexable board and mounting the fabric to that. lots of ideas and projects for next winter
curtis c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:00 PM   #5

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Well I was kind of blending two different things.

For the v-berth (permanent, v-shaped bed), I sewed a slipcover that wrapped around like a bottom sheet. Actually, "slipcover" really glorifies it, as it was not all that fancy. But with the V shape you have to make your own, pretty much.

In the main cabin there were two single "settees" which are set up like the beds in your camper. Those cushions were upholstered in a nice fabric by someone else. On those we used fleece "bottom sheets." Mine was actually a fleece, rectangular "sleeping bag" that I used without unzipping it (so it was double thick); my bud's was just a piece of fleece, cut roughly to shape. These were just used for sleeping, so shifting around wasn't an issue. For daytime I just "flip folded" from foot up to head with the pillow right inside and then placed the "square" of bedding in the throw pillow cover.

I used to have the name of a place in Canada that sold surplus auto seatcover material at a very good price (the velour type stuff). That makes great upholstery as it is very tough yet comfortable.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
I have read that flannel sheets are good in a humid environment because they don't feel 'damp' like cotton does.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote