Yellowstone Park (news flash) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-03-2014, 06:14 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
blodn1's Avatar
 
Name: Deborah
Trailer: Prius camping - want an Oliver
Virginia
Posts: 351
Only a tiny bit of snow, and the roads were good. And the lack of people made it special. The photo was taken by an Egyptian woman who was visiting, so snow was an even bigger deal for her. That eruption in the background seems to be a regular occurrence.
__________________

__________________
I don't get lost, I go on interesting side trips.
blodn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:33 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Bob Miller's Avatar
 
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Posts: 7,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by blodn1 View Post
Only a tiny bit of snow, and the roads were good. And the lack of people made it special. The photo was taken by an Egyptian woman who was visiting, so snow was an even bigger deal for her. That eruption in the background seems to be a regular occurrence.
That looks like Old Faithful.. Erupts every 60-110 minutes. Here's a link:
Frequently Asked Questions at Old Faithful - Yellowstone National Park (U.S. National Park Service)
__________________

__________________
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:41 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by blodn1 View Post
Only a tiny bit of snow, and the roads were good. And the lack of people made it special. .
Thats not always the case, a few years ago the snow was so bad the northern roads in didn't actually open up until July 1st. I actually had to wait in line for a couple of hours one day in mid July for some snow clearing to finish up.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
blodn1's Avatar
 
Name: Deborah
Trailer: Prius camping - want an Oliver
Virginia
Posts: 351
Bob - irony. I was there:-)
It actually erupted twice while I was in the vicinity - about an hour.
__________________
I don't get lost, I go on interesting side trips.
blodn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #19
Raz
Senior Member
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Posts: 4,062
We went in early June. It snowed. They closed the south and east entrances. We stayed 2 nights at Boysen state park on the wind river waiting for the roads to clear. The highway was on one side of the river and the train on the other. Not much traffic on either. A very nice place. We were able to negotiate Togwotee pass without issue. Colter Bay camp ground was open but half the sites were closed due to snow. In June. Be aware, like most national parks, not dog friendly. Raz
__________________
Raz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:15 PM   #20
Member
 
jerrybob's Avatar
 
Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Posts: 89
Did you know that they put metamucil in the old faithful geyser so that it will be regular........I am serious!
__________________
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybob View Post
Did you know that they put metamucil in the old faithful geyser so that it will be regular........I am serious!
Not TRUE!!! There was an ad produced that was A Joke ad.. that wasn't even filmed in Yellowstone. See CBS News- Park Service Streamed Over Geyser Ad.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #22
Member
 
jerrybob's Avatar
 
Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Not TRUE!!! There was an ad produced that was A Joke ad.. that wasn't even filmed in Yellowstone. See CBS News- Park Service Streamed Over Geyser Ad.

Really.....so is it also not true that one of the big bull buffalo's in the park was overheard saying "Bye Son" to one of his off spring as he was leaving the park due to the volcanic action???
__________________
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
carlkeigley's Avatar
 
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Posts: 2,366
Yellowstone Mystery Solved

Yellowstone officials and government geologists
assured guests and the public that no such threat exists.

Bison ‘running for lives’ sense doomsday?

“It was a spring-like day, and they were frisky.
Contrary to online reports, it’s a natural occurrence
and not the end of the world,” park spokeswoman
Amy Bartlett said.

[Farm boys would know this........LOL]

The man who claims to have shot the original video
and posted it to his Facebook page says it actually
shows bison galloping down a paved road that leads
deeper into the park.

“Those bison were running for the sake of running,”
said Leckie, in an interview Thursday. “There was nothing
chasing them. There was no mudslide. They were just running.”
__________________
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
rabbit's Avatar
 
Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Posts: 2,548
There was a great deal of anecdotal support for the superior disaster sensors of animals after the 2004 tsunami in the Indian Ocean. Part of the supporting argument was the relatively few animal remains found later. Presumably didn't find all the human dead either but the 150,000 dead or missing is pretty good support for the idea that humans don't have a nose for geological and climatic cataclysm.

jack
__________________
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #25
Member
 
jerrybob's Avatar
 
Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlkeigley View Post
Yellowstone officials and government geologists
assured guests and the public that no such threat exists.

Bison ‘running for lives’ sense doomsday?

“It was a spring-like day, and they were frisky.
Contrary to online reports, it’s a natural occurrence
and not the end of the world,” park spokeswoman
Amy Bartlett said.

[Farm boys would know this........LOL]

The man who claims to have shot the original video
and posted it to his Facebook page says it actually
shows bison galloping down a paved road that leads
deeper into the park.

“Those bison were running for the sake of running,”
said Leckie, in an interview Thursday. “There was nothing
chasing them. There was no mudslide. They were just running.”

They do that every year about this time.....rumor has it they're leaving before all the tourists arrive.
__________________
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
carlkeigley's Avatar
 
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Posts: 2,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybob View Post
They do that every year about this time.....rumor has it they're leaving before all the tourists arrive.
NOW that makes sense and credits the bison's intelligence.
__________________
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #27
Member
 
jerrybob's Avatar
 
Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlkeigley View Post
NOW that makes sense and credits the bison's intelligence.
Q: Why did the buffalo cross the road? A: To prove to the possum that it could be done!
__________________
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:02 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Bob Miller's Avatar
 
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Posts: 7,912
And:

Q: Why did they name the Bison "Tennial"

A: Because he was born in 1976 and wanted to be known as Bison Tennial
__________________

__________________
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I have good news and bad news.... cpaharley2008 General Chat 53 01-22-2014 05:06 PM
EggCamper - Yellowstone (West Yellowstone, MT) Ms. Gayle Camping, Campout Reports 7 10-08-2012 11:15 PM
Good News and Bad News Cliff Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 17 11-06-2009 07:16 PM
Good News -- Bad News Pete Dumbleton Towing, Hitching, Axles and Running Gear 2 11-06-2008 12:16 PM
Carlisle/NHTSA news flash Legacy Posts Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 2 06-10-2003 06:03 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.