YYYEEEEHAAWWW!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #1

Trailer: 94 Casita 16 ft
Yep, just bought it yesterday from a lovely couple in Grand Rapids, MN. I am now the proud owner of a 1994 sixteen foot Casita with a side dinette!!

It was an adventure all the way, from the anticipation of looking it over, the scenic drive to get there, and then to top it off, the new rig jitters.

Brought it home behind a fullsize Dodge half-ton, and had to check the mirror from time to time to make sure it was still there.

I would like to thank the owners of the S.S. Casita II for taking such loving care of what has now become my baby.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the open road some time in the future
Paul from NWOnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Congrat's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy! Rkg
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Hey Paul,

Great news from you. Maybe I have seen that from the road driving by. Wondered if anyone used it.

Hope you can somehow make it to the Grand Marais Gathering, I know it would be a long haul for you. We would like to see your "new" rig. No one from Canada registered yet.

Gee, how scenic was the drive this time of year? Guess when one is happy even the gray environment looks good. You just mentally put green leaves on the trees and turned that ice into sky blue water?

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:19 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Paul You know you don't really find HAPPINESS you tow it with you!!! With your nice new Casita you'll take alot more of it!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:13 AM   #5

Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Ain't it sweet? The best is yet to come...
Cam A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:27 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Congratulations, let the adventures begin!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:00 AM   #7

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Congratulations!! May you have alot of great camping trips!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft 2001
Another Canadian fellow with a Casita
Congratulations! Your a lucky men! (Like me )

But be advise...You will take double time to travel in Canada..Why?
Just because you will answer so many questions everywhere you
stop and let so many fellow visit your rig you get exausted!
It's part of the fun I guest
Gilles D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:27 PM   #9

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Paul,
Congratulations on joining the fraternity of FGRV owners!!!
Suggestion-- Start your camping adventures in your driveway at home by living in it for a couple of days, at least. Keep a list of all the things you need or have to "borrow" from the house, such as toothpaste, toilet paper, spatter-screen for the frying pan, cork screw, hat, extension cord, bug repellent, sunscreen,....., you get the idea! List making should now become an entire new vocation. You'll find a need for a list in your pocket at all times because you'll continually think of ideas related to places to go, things to take for special occasions, relatives and friends to visit, appropriate changes to be made to your tug and on & on & on...!

Enjoy all the aspects of your new journey, your horizons are now going to expand (limited only by time, money, & imagination)!

Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:46 PM   #10

Trailer: 94 Casita 16 ft
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm certain that all the great things I've been reading here for the last couple of months will come true in time.

Nancy: The couple I bought the Casita from mentioned the Grand Marais Gathering, and I believe they will be attending. You will find The Captain, and the First Mate aboard the S.S. Casita. They are truly wonderful, and entertaining folk. As to my attendance of the gathering, the distance isn't a problem, but co-ordinating the available time likely will be.

Kurt: I already have a fascination with lists (Fredrick is the man with the plan!). Fortunately for me though, I'll only have to unpack my camping box into the Casita, and add a few extra dishes. One simple take-down list should cover things for the first few outings.

This is going to be a great summer as we've also added a fresh Boxer named Zach to the mix.
Paul from NWOnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:46 PM   #11

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi Paul! Congratulations on finding a just-right-for-you Egg. We wish you safe journeys and many, many happy memories. Ms. Minnie, the "General Mgr of the Universe" sends her regards to Zach! Take care, L 'n D