WA SOLD 13' Compact Jr. 1972 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #1

Trailer: Compact Jr
SOLD 13' Compact Jr. 1972

Propane range, sink, icebox, double bed or two singles. 13' including tongue. Pop-up top for extra headroom. Brand new tires. Only 900 lb. We tow it behind our Honda Element.

Needs no major repairs -- only one or two little things, like one of the drawers doesn't close very tight, and the vent on the roof could be resealed. Everything is functional. Fiberglass is in good shape.

$4995 OBO

Seattle, WA
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1298.jpg   DSCN1303.jpg  

DSCN1304.jpg   DSCN1308.jpg  

Old 05-05-2015, 07:49 PM   #2

Name: Kathy
Trailer: looking
Washington
Is trailer still available?

Am very interested.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:05 PM   #3

Still available

The Compact Jr. is still available.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:34 PM   #4

Name: percy
Trailer: shopping
Washington
13' compact Jr

I am interested in your trailer
Where / when can I see it?
I'm not a dealer just a guy in Bellingham looking for a small trailer
Let me know.....retired so I'm available to travel most times

Percy
Bellingham
Old 05-07-2015, 02:16 PM   #5

Percy, We're in Ballard (N. Seattle) and work at home, so nearly any day would work. Afternoons are best. I emailed you our phone number.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:16 PM   #6

Name: percy
Trailer: shopping
Washington
Bought one 2 hours prior to receiving your message

Good luck with your sale

Percy
Old 05-08-2015, 05:01 PM   #7

Dropping the price this weekend! $3995 OBO
Old 05-09-2015, 08:28 PM   #8

Name: Bill
Trailer: Hunter
British Columbia
Registry
What is the condition of the Pop-up roof? Canvas? Tires? Wheel bearings?
Any leaks?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 05-09-2015, 11:43 PM   #9

More details on the Compact Jr.

It has a sink, propane stove, ice box, bench seats with table. Bench makes into a large double bed. Pop-top. Two propane tanks. New tires. Previous owner said he replaced the wheels, and they look newer. New electrical for the lights. Interior electric lights and plug-ins. No water pump. The water system is not functional. It has a 5 gallon water tank under the counter at the moment. It used to have a large tank under the seat that someone removed. You could put one back in there. No brakes. Brakes are not required on this trailer in any state because it is only 900 lb. My husband and I can easily roll it around with a boat dolly. It is in great shape, especially considering it was built in 1972. The top of the pop-top has been redone, I'm told. I'm not an expert on the subject, but it is solid and functional, so that's all I can say about it. The fiberglass is excellent -- on little ding on the back right corner the size of a silver dollar. One drawer needs to be rebuilt - or at least the drawer front reattached to the sides. One cupboard door doesn't shut tight.

13 feet total length including tongue, the enclosed trailer is 10 feet long.

I posted a bunch of pictures here, including under the sink so you can see the situation with the water supply: http://1drv.ms/1H5xkdH
Old 05-09-2015, 11:44 PM   #10

Oh, and no leaks.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:15 PM   #11

Name: Juli
Trailer: In the market for affordable:)
South Dakota
Cute!

I'm just wondering if this has been sold or is still available, since the last post was over a week ago.

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2015, 01:33 PM   #12

Still available

Yes, it's still available.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:30 PM   #13

Name: Jan
Trailer: in the market for Hunter Jr
Washington
Megan, a gal emailed you (CL) and is waiting for a reply. 2 1/2 hrs away from you (rainier, Or) VERY interested in buying it. We were going to come up today but haven't heard anything.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:35 PM   #14

I've replied to every message that I've gotten so far. I just emailed you my contact info. Thanks for your interest!
Old 05-21-2015, 05:59 PM   #15

Name: Tony
Trailer: FiberStream
California
Hello Megan, I also have a Honda Element. How does it pull into a wind and a 6% grade.
TY Dianne and Tony.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:05 PM   #16

Towing on a grade in the wind

Hi Tony,

I can't answer how well your experience will be towing the Compact Jr. up a steep grade in the wind. I haven't towed it over the mountains with my Element yet, although haven't had a problem with wind, but I suppose it depends on how heavily loaded it is and how much wind there is. Going over the Narrows Bridge, for example, even huge trucks have tipped over. With more weight, it's probably better in the wind, but worse on a steep grade. Perhaps someone else in the forum has experience with this.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:49 AM   #17

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
my experience with my own compact Jr

[QU OTE=TonyD;523969]Hello Megan, I also have a Honda Element. How does it pull into a wind and a 6% grade.
TY Dianne and Tony.[/QUOTE]

Diane and Tony, I can't speak for the Honda Element it seems kind of small to me but what happened to me is that my compact Jr was said to wait 880 pounds when I bought it but in actuality its dry weight without any goods in it was about 1350 pounds. you can wear your trailer by pulling into a truck weigh station when its closed and often you can see the gauge if you just pull your trailer on to it.

at any rate I pulled my compact Jr up the steep grades on the southern end of the Grand Tetons without any problem but I did go slowly. The wind Does catch the trailer especially if a big truck goes by but the trailer will rock and not much else. It's never gone out of control on me because of a wind. when I went up the Grand Tetons I was pulling either with my PT Cruiser or with my 1997 rav4 one of which had a 2.3 liter engine and the other a 2.2 I believe.

but now I've put so many modifications and so much stuff into my trailer that it weighs 1850 pounds usually. so my current car is a 2010 rav4 with the factory installed trailer towing package and the v6 . not the 2013 or 14 they have a smaller engine.this combination of compact Jr deer and car just zoomsup the hills and I've been totally impressed.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:16 AM   #18

Name: Tony
Trailer: FiberStream
California
Thank you Megan and Cory. We love our Element and have been pulling Tear drops for the last 3 yrs. and we are ready for a change. I will get to pull a Scamp this week. I will let you know how it goes. ; )
Old 05-28-2015, 05:31 AM   #19

Name: AnneM
Trailer: Looking for small trailer-Casita/Boler/Scamp/Compact Jr?
Indiana
Hi! This is my first post as a member - I've been "guesting" quite a bit lately, though. I am driving through Seattle today - probably between 2:30 and 4pm, depending on traffic, and I was wondering if you might be available. I'd love to see the trailer, and am very interested.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:17 AM   #20

Sold

The trailer is sold.