UT 1973 Amerigo 16F Shell - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-03-2018, 02:21 AM   #1

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Utah
1973 Amerigo 16F Shell

Hey all!

With some unfortunate news on my end, my boss at work says my 1973 Amerigo 16F project has to go to make room for customer trailers. I don't know much about it other than it was gutted to make it into a food trailer at some point and that I have a title for it (erroneously called a 1973 Flamingo, but the VIN numbers match still). There is a hole in the passenger rear quarter, but it is in a flat spot so it should be easy to fix, so I have been told by the company fiberglass expert. I believe all the windows are there. The big hole in the side is where the original kitchen went, I think. What killed the trailer originally was an aftermarket toilet was installed in the passenger front area of the trailer and they didn't seal the hole. That leaked into the door area and ruined the interior which was then removed. Sorry, I asked the previous owner if they still had it all and they said they already threw it all out. I'd strongly suggest getting the wheels repacked, although they didn't seem to overheat when I towed it about 15 miles. But that is like saying the sky is blue, not why it is blue. I can help with that too, but I will need to have a heads up.

Trailer is in Salt Lake City, Utah.

If you'd like to see the video of said trailer, here it is:

I figured it would do better than a lot of pictures. But I will take pictures on request.

Thanks guys for your help!
Patdeesky

Patdeesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 02:27 AM   #2

Utah
Don't know why the website has cut off a few paragraphs, so I'll just re-include it here.

Here is two things that can happen with this trailer. I know it's not much, so I'm listing it as such: $700 O.B.O. I'll get working on the lights so you won't have to buy an attachable trailer light set. I'd get the wheels repacked, regardless. If you'd like to save some money, I can help, although I unfortunately don't know how to. No checks, cash only.

Keep in mind this trailer is at a restoration/restomod company that specialized in custom and restoring trailers. If you buy the trailer and want something special done to it, these are the guys you'd want to talk to. I will give information on request.

--OR--

If you have a Hunter Compact 2 shell you'd be willing to trade, I can do that.

Well, that's that. Thanks for looking.
Patdeesky

Old 05-03-2018, 09:47 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patdeesky View Post
Don't know why the website has cut off a few paragraphs, so I'll just re-include it here.

Here is two things that can happen with this trailer. I know it's not much, so I'm listing it as such: $700 O.B.O. I'll get working on the lights so you won't have to buy an attachable trailer light set. I'd get the wheels repacked, regardless. If you'd like to save some money, I can help, although I unfortunately don't know how to. No checks, cash only.

Keep in mind this trailer is at a restoration/restomod company that specialized in custom and restoring trailers. If you buy the trailer and want something special done to it, these are the guys you'd want to talk to. I will give information on request.

--OR--

If you have a Hunter Compact 2 shell you'd be willing to trade, I can do that.

Well, that's that. Thanks for looking.
Patdeesky
I am very interested, sending you a PM
Old 05-04-2018, 09:19 AM   #4

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
A wonderful amerigo FG-16 project! Best to all; have fun!

Kai & Paul
& Peanut

Hope to see you and this trailer in person one day!
Old 05-15-2018, 01:58 PM   #5

Utah
I got more of the interior cleaned out and most of the rotted wood out. I'll be hitting it again as best as I can on my next day off. There was a large thunderstorm going on so not only did the interior get slightly wet making the floor look splotchy, but so did I.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7237.jpg   IMG_7238.jpg  

IMG_7239.jpg  
Old 05-16-2018, 07:43 AM   #6

Registry
We replaced our floor wood with 5/8" marine ply; one of us replaced hers with a plastic panel material that will never need to be replaced.

So you're cleaning it out for the buyer?

Looks very familiar...stripped, though, there's nothing left for patterns to make new pieces, so the buyer will need to use cardboard or something to make their own. We saved every scrap as we dismantled ours, they made great templates, though we did a few minor alterations as we finalized our ideas.

1st pic: what was left of the original wood, spread out on the garage floor

2nd pic: what was left of several of the original interior wall panels. (about 7 pictures; I wanted an all-inclusive shot but Paul wanted "close-ups").

BEST
Kai
Attached Thumbnails
1A 11 What's left of the original flooring spread out on garage floor.jpg   Peanut 10 2015 to 6 2016 073.JPG  

Old 05-16-2018, 09:14 PM   #7

Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
We replaced our floor wood with 5/8" marine ply; one of us replaced hers with a plastic panel material that will never need to be replaced.

So you're cleaning it out for the buyer?

Looks very familiar...stripped, though, there's nothing left for patterns to make new pieces, so the buyer will need to use cardboard or something to make their own. We saved every scrap as we dismantled ours, they made great templates, though we did a few minor alterations as we finalized our ideas.

1st pic: what was left of the original wood, spread out on the garage floor

2nd pic: what was left of several of the original interior wall panels. (about 7 pictures; I wanted an all-inclusive shot but Paul wanted "close-ups").

BEST
Kai
Yeah I am cleaning it out so it looks better, and even able to be slept in when the next owner comes to buy it and transport it. But with the effort I have so far put into it I might smuggle it to a safe place. You by chance still have those templates? Long shot, but you never know unless you ask.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:22 PM   #8

Name: Mike
Trailer: Love Bug
Utah
Your Amerigo

Iím in Salt Lake and would like to take a look at it. I stopped by the shop and went around back but didnít see it. Download my vCard for contact info. Also I have sent a private mail.
micski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:11 PM   #9

Name: linda
Trailer: currently shopping
UT
Look at it

Hi, I would like to look and talk to you if it is still available. Thanks
parkite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:12 PM   #10

Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkite3 View Post
Hi, I would like to look and talk to you if it is still available. Thanks
It is still available as of now. Are you Micski's friend that he mentioned?
Old 06-06-2018, 07:37 AM   #11

Name: linda
Trailer: currently shopping
UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patdeesky View Post
It is still available as of now. Are you Micski's friend that he mentioned?
No, but I am interested in seeing it. I would like to come by.
parkite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:55 AM   #12

Registry
Pat Deesky:

No, we offloaded them in 2016...but don't feel too bad...my guess is every trailer would be slightly different and I'd make templates out of cardboard and heavy tape if I had to do it without the originals. As it was, time had settled and warped many things and templates had to be adjusted anyway.

Also getting them to you would've been a real problem. Much easier to make new ones yourself. Cardboard will stand up much like the delaminated luan ply did, anyway while fitting...

Sorry for the long delay, we were actually out camping and only recently got back and sorted enough for me to read e-mails again.

I hope all is going well with you.

BEST
Kai

Tags
amerigo