GA SOLD: 1984 U-Haul CT-13 - $6200 - Roswell, GA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-01-2014, 07:41 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler
SOLD: 1984 U-Haul CT-13 - $6200 - Roswell, GA

I'm selling my fiberglass U-Haul trailer because I finally found a trailer that I've been looking for for four years. the U-Haul is in great shape and has new side windows and LED Tail Lights. I'm installing a new vinyl plank floor over a 1/4" Hardi-board mold proof base layer this week.

This model has a double bed in the back and two bunk beds in the front, stove, sink, ice box, and a porta-pottie stored under the front seat/bunk.

The previous owner fitted a roof top air conditioner in place of the traditional swamp cooler.

I have a custom made $700 fitted cover for the trailer that is included.

The previous owner wanted a trailer to take his little girl to Disney World in Orlando. He was a personal friend of the U-Haul district manager in Chicago. When U-Haul started selling off these trailers they went to a lot where they were collecting them prior to the sale and he said there were over sixty trailers all lined up. They walked the whole lot and picked the nicest one out of the sixty. He only sold it when his little girl was getting married a few years ago and they wouldn't need the trailer any more.

I've enjoyed this trailer very much and it will make a great traveling companion to a new family.

It weighs around 1500 lbs. and is 13 feet long. It takes a 2" trailer ball.

I'm in Roswell, GA just north of Atlanta - I'm asking $6,200 for the CT-13.

Jack Walter

I'll post some interior shots when I finish the new floor installation later this week.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #2

I finished installing a chestnut pattern vinyl plank floor this evening - it's a big improvement over the outdoor carpeting that was in it.

The flooring has a 1/4" Hardee board underlayment (mold & rot proof) and then a foam pad and then the interlocking vinyl planks trimmed out with glued in foam core 1/4 round molding. It basically took about three days to do the total install and I would have done this much sooner but some of the materials I used have just come available in the last year - top stuff.

Here are some pictures - still working on getting the trailer in fabulous condition for the next owner.

Someone on another board asked about the front bunk setup - here's a shot for those who aren't familiar with the U-Haul trailers. The Porta-Potti stores under the lower bunk:

I went and got the new trailer out of Tennessee on Thursday so I'm motivated to sell the U-Haul. It's a 1988 Eriba Triton 16' trailer made in Germany.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #3

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Jack, you did a great job on the flooring and the write up is wonderful! Wishing you all the best on your sale.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #4

Here's a few shots more -price reduced to $6000 - too much stuff in the driveway!

Old 06-12-2014, 07:31 PM   #5

New lower price - see below!

I reinstalled the on board water tank today with all new fluid lines and will check out the faucet assembly tomorrow. I installed the floor socket for the table yesterday and double checked the roof mounted air conditioner, the interior lights and the stove. The air conditioning is working great - should come in handy this summer for the new owner. The only things I haven't checked out yet are the furnace and the battery. I have always used LED lanterns in the trailer so I haven't needed the 12V system.

Price reduction to $5800 - I want to take the new camper out for a weekend and I can't do that when I'm showing this one!
Old 06-13-2014, 06:56 AM   #6

Name: T
Trailer: Past Scamp Owner
Coastal Carolinas
Hi, Jack. Just sent you an email via your Craiglist posting. We're about 2.5 hours for you and would love to head your way asap! Much thanks.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:01 AM   #7

Name: troch
Trailer: Currently shopping for Scamp
Iowa
How many does it sleep?
Old 06-13-2014, 08:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by trochleau View Post
How many does it sleep?
Nominally 4 - 2 adults - 2 kids - but I saw a family of 5 plus two dogs emerge from one of these one morning at one of the fiberglass rv campouts a few years ago...
Old 06-14-2014, 11:23 AM   #9

The U-Haul sold this morning 6/14 - I think I about broke even on it and it went to a new home where it will be much appreciated. I've spent the last two weeks fixing most of the stuff I wanted to do to it for the last couple of years. Funny how you make time to get it ready for the next owner and don't find time to fix it up for yourself sometimes.

Anyway the roof of the new trailer is fiberglass - sides are aluminum - so I hope I'll still be allowed to hang out with you guys.

Here's a couple of shots of the replacement - it actually weighs 100 lbs less than the U-Haul.

I've been chasing this 1988 Eriba Triton for four years - finally was able to buy it (for a lot more money than I sold the U-Haul for - but that's the price of a dream).
Old 06-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #10

Name: T
Trailer: Past Scamp Owner
Coastal Carolinas
Hi, Jack. We are glad it went to a good home, but since we were number 2 on the list and were ready to buy, we are certainly sad to miss out on it! Thank you for being so kind to us and working with us, and also for keeping us abreast of what was going on with the possible sale. If you ever decide to sell your Eriba, feel free to give us a call! Oh well, the search continues for our dream camper...
Old 06-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #11

Name: Sue
Trailer: Uhaul CT13
Nevada
Do u still have it? I'm in Cleveland GA. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #12

Name: Sue
Trailer: Uhaul CT13
Nevada
Nevermind! Sorry I missed out. The new one is gorgeous...congrats!
Old 06-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #13

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Walter View Post
Anyway the roof of the new trailer is fiberglass - sides are aluminum - so I hope I'll still be allowed to hang out with you guys. Here's a couple of shots of the replacement - it actually weighs 100 lbs less than the U-Haul. (redundant pictures deleted) I've been chasing this 1988 Eriba Triton for four years - finally was able to buy it (for a lot more money than I sold the U-Haul for - but that's the price of a dream).
That is a pretty nice looking rig, somebody has taken care of it for 26 years. I bet most of the 100 pound difference is the bumper the U-Haul had!

Tags
u-haul