PA 2000 SD For Sale in Pittsburgh, $9900 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-09-2018, 08:07 AM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Pennsylvania
2000 SD For Sale in Pittsburgh, $9900

We are selling our 2000 17 foot Casita Spirit Deluxe, as we have purchased a different trailer. $9,900. Located in Pittsburgh, PA.

Dimensions: 17 foot length, table converts to 53"x75" bed - with memory foam topper, side table converts to 25"x74" single bed, 73" interior height. Laminate flooring is installed over the floor carpeting. All upholstery, wall carpet and cabinets are in very good condition as shown in photos.

Features: Toilet with new gaskets, shower, 16 gal water tank, 32 gal grey tank, 15 gal black tank, 12v/propane/electric refrigerator, 2-burner range and cover, 6 gallon electric water heater, furnace, air conditioner, fantastic roof fan with Maxxair cover. New awning and door latch. 15" Load range D tires and 2" hitch receptacle at the rear bumper. Casita manual and A-to-Z Guide are included.

Electrical: 12 volt battery with shut-off switch, new Parallax 7155 charge controller, 20A circuit breaker between charge controller and the battery, external GFCI 110 outlet, internal 110 outlets, USB ports, 12 volt outlet above the bed, additional 12 v outlet in the side bench. New LED lights throughout the interior. External 110 marine power connection with 30 foot 30 amp cord. The new 7-pin cable is connected to a terminal block in the closet. The cabinet above the refrigerator is wired for a microwave (not included).

Safety: Anti-sway hitch, new LED tail and brake lights, new LED running lights, electric brakes, new breakaway switch for electric brakes. New smoke/CO alarm, propane alarm and fire extinguisher.

Additional elements: Shelves under the sink and in the closet, cable TV port on the exterior, corner TV shelf is available, propane tank cover, shutoff valve for the toilet water supply, reinforced refrigerator hinge, screens at furnace inlet, winterization valve installed before the water pump, and 6 inch deck plate in the water tank for cleaning.
Attached Thumbnails
01 casita.JPG   04 casita.JPG  

05 casit.JPG   06 casita.JPG  

07 casita.JPG   08 casita.JPG  

09 casita.JPG   10 casita.JPG  

13 casita.JPG   14 casita.JPG  

Old 07-09-2018, 12:22 PM   #2

Name: Sherry
Trailer: Scamp
Pennsylvania
Hello. We are interested in your camper? We are from Pa also. Can you please pm me? Thank you

Old 07-09-2018, 04:24 PM   #3

Name: Peter
Trailer: Shopping for my baby
Delaware
Hello there. I live in Seaford , Delaware. I am interested in the purchase of your trailer. Can you email me with a PM and I have a couple questions. If the other person is buying it, then deal with them first. Thanks, Peter
Old 07-09-2018, 06:31 PM   #4

Pennsylvania
Still for sale

There are no offers on the trailer yet... it is quite available...
Old 07-10-2018, 06:54 AM   #5

Delaware
Some questions first

Is the body solid, no cracking, no leaks or alike??

Is the frame in good order, limited rust, in good working order??

Does everything listed work and if not, which items are in question?

Does the AC work well??

Any leaks in the piping , bathroom, or kitchen sink????

Why was the floor replaced?? Did it leak at one time??

Ever have any cats or dogs inside???

I have cash to be paid for agreed to price.

Kind Regards,
Peter Creager
302-990-5132
Old 07-10-2018, 10:37 AM   #6

Delaware
If you wish you can answer me on my email: Broadview1313@aol.com. If you answer my questions you could have a sale. Your choice. No big deal.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:13 PM   #7

Pennsylvania
Answers to questions...

Thank you, Peter, for your questions - they can assist you and others to understand the trailer. Here we go...

1. Is the body solid, no cracking, no leaks or alike?? In looking over the trailer, there is only one blemish that I have found, shown in the photo. It is a slight bemish in the gelcoat, 1.75" long, at the bellyband near the door. There are no stress fractures that I could find in the exterior.

We had a leak once, from rain, at the 'whale tail' antenna. Since the whale tail was nortorious for poor reception, we removed it, covered and sealed the entrance, as shown. The cable TV system remains intact in the Casita. The leak did not do damage to the trailer, yet a small amount of water had entered the rear upper storage, and we dried it out with no damage to the trailer.

2. Is the frame in good order, limited rust, in good working order?? The frame has been painted with a rust inhibiting paint. We have found no weaknesses in the frame during our inspection or use. The trailer had originally been in Texas and Arkansas - hence probably the good shape of the frame. We replaced the hitch mechanism (the galvanized latch in the photo) because the previous latch had shown wear.

3. Does everything listed work and if not, which items are in question?

3a. Electrical 110 and 12 volt work well. Propane works well. We are selling with 1.5 tanks of propane. Brakes work fine, fan works fine, plumbing is good.

3b. We are providing a remote temperature sensor for the refrigerator. The refrigerator works well on electric and propane; we have never tried it on 12 volt. True to their nature, these refrigerators take adjusting to get the right temperature.

3c. Range Hood - It may not have been apparent in the previous photos, but the previous owner took out the range hood, and replaced it with the Little House Customs vent cover. We have a range hood available available to the buyer, as shown in the photo.

3d. The trailer has Venetian blinds, and one of them has trouble rocking the slats back and forth. We had installed curtains in the trailer, using the IKEA "Vidga" system, and liked them. We took them out for the sale, to return the trailer to its original state, yet the curtain rails are available, free to the buyer. See the pictures. We can explain the simple installation of the curtain rails.

4. Does the AC work well?? I turned on the AC today and it works well.

5. Any leaks in the piping , bathroom, or kitchen sink???? No leaks.

6. Why was the floor replaced?? Did it leak at one time?? The previous owner put a floor over the carpeting - as such, the floor was not replaced, but the carpet on top of the floor was covered. We did not take up his flooring to look at the carpet. For clarity, a Casita has a full fiberglass shell underneath. There are no leaks in that shell, and no squishiness of the floor.

7. Ever have any cats or dogs inside??? We had a chihuahua in the trailer for two months of travel. He did not mess in the trailer at any time. I do not know about previous owners.

8. LED lighting - all interior lights, running lights, brake lights, tail lights and backup lights are LED.
Attached Thumbnails
22 Gelcoat blemish.JPG   16 Tongue.JPG  

17 Vent modification.JPG   21 Ventline.JPG  

20 Whale tail gone.JPG   18 Vidga at IKEA.jpg  

19 Vidga curtain rail.JPG  
Old 07-10-2018, 12:23 PM   #8

Pennsylvania
Further Answers...

Also, the trailer has its original axle. We had no problems with it.

Best to you,

David Anderson
Old 07-10-2018, 12:47 PM   #9

Pennsylvania
IKEA curtains

A photo of the curtains when they were in place. The blinds are in place in the trailer now, for sale. The curtain rails are available for the buyer.
Attached Thumbnails
23 Curtains.JPG  
Old 07-11-2018, 03:27 AM   #10

Pennsylvania
Hi David, Does the camper have the legs to stabilize when parked ? I didn’t see them in the pictures. Thank you. Sherry
Old 07-11-2018, 07:12 AM   #11

Pennsylvania
Stabilizers

Sherry, I'm glad that you have tuned into the progress of this thread to see the additional information about the trailer.

Here is a photo of the stabilizers in the rear, with the hitch receiver. (The photo is taken in our garage, where the trailer is stored, so it is a closeup.)
Attached Thumbnails
24 Stabilizers.JPG  
Old 07-11-2018, 04:13 PM   #12

Pennsylvania
Thank you David. A lot of great information.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:08 AM   #13

Pennsylvania
This trailer is SOLD.

We sold the trailer today.

Tags
for sale