WA 2004 Bigfoot 21 on CL - She's a Beaut ! - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-21-2018, 09:14 AM   #1

Name: Paul
Trailer: Phoenix PULSE SC
Oregon
2004 Bigfoot 21 on CL - She's a Beaut !

*** edit sorry wrong sub forum. Newb here ... feel free to move.

Not mine but if I was ready it would be in serious play.

Looks like a 2500.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/rvs/6622545461.html

Old 06-21-2018, 10:56 AM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by skpiste View Post
*** edit sorry wrong sub forum. Newb here ... feel free to move.

Not mine but if I was ready it would be in serious play.

Looks like a 2500.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/rvs/6622545461.html
I also saw this listing and it definitely is a 2500. I was under the impression that the 2500 series was not until 2005. Maybe this unit is a 2005? Usually, units built after the first of July of any given year are titled as next year. The build sticker on my 94 Bigfoot shows it was built in 1993.

As a side note, and completely off topic, the trailer had the original tires on it when I bought it in 2012. They has a code date that indicated they were made in 1992 so my 94 trailer had 2 year old tires on it. Build year, title year and component manufacturer ate can all be different.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:30 AM   #3

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft RQ
Missouri
I have owned Bigfoots for 14 years. I remember having a chance to buy a new four season 2003 Anniversary Edition 25B25RQ Bigfoot Trailer in 2004 for $25,000.00. I opted for a new 2004 21B25RB @$24,000.00. (That was a mistake). Anyway, I know the four season 2500 series trailers were being manufactured in 2003. And I believe they being manufactured prior to 2003.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:54 AM   #4

Name: Paul
Trailer: Phoenix PULSE SC
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
I have owned Bigfoots for 14 years. I remember having a chance to buy a new four season 2003 Anniversary Edition 25B25RQ Bigfoot Trailer in 2004 for $25,000.00. I opted for a new 2004 21B25RB @$24,000.00. (That was a mistake). Anyway, I know the four season 2500 series trailers were being manufactured in 2003. And I believe they being manufactured prior to 2003.

That's my impression. Some here are saying 2005+ but I have read some anecdotal accounts of 2500's with much earlier dates.

???

PM
Old 06-21-2018, 12:41 PM   #5

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Interesting information. I saw a 2004 17 CB that was definitely a 1500. I'm wondering if it was perhaps a prolonged introduction of the 2500 with the larger units being introduced as new molds were being built. Maybe we will get someone else with knowledge of the actual dates.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:38 AM   #6

Name: voytek
Trailer: Boler 13
New Jersey
"skpiste" thanks for sharing!

Assuming that everything is as advertised, can anyone comment on how fair the asking price is? What do these campers typically sell for?
Old 06-22-2018, 09:22 AM   #7

Name: Dan
Trailer: Bigfoot 30th Anv. 25B25FB
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by voytek View Post
"skpiste" thanks for sharing!

Assuming that everything is as advertised, can anyone comment on how fair the asking price is? What do these campers typically sell for?
Nice used Bigfoots sell for a premium. If one is committed to getting a Bigfoot trailer and you find the model you want, and it is in excellent condition, one had better consider your options. Especially if you want one now, rather than later.

You may not find another anytime soon.
If you do find one it may be a long distance from where you are at.
Are the options worth jumping on it for more than you were thinking about paying?
The small difference in what one wants to pay and what the trailer will eventually sell for is relative. One can spend allot of time and expense finding another.

Nice thing is if you keep it in excellent condition and decide to sell in a couple years, you pretty much get you money back. Can't do that with many other trailers.

Example....In 2016 we downscaled from a 09' Bigfoot motor home to a 2008 Bigfoot 25B25FB. Wanted a front bedroom, but was open to a RQ as well. One morning after weeks of looking on line and missing one I would have bought, I saw an ad early in the morning and called on it. I was the first to contact the seller and I basically said, I'll take it. It was like 600 miles plus south from me in northern California. Had even one option I didn't plan on seeing or getting for that matter....an Onan generator package. It also had the front storage which I did want, but wasn't going to rule out a nice trailer without it.

He had it priced at $25k which was in the ball park. He had based the price on his researching book values. My research showed that he was somewhat high and realized he was a year off. Even though he priced the wrong year (an 09' instead of an 08'), I could tell he was definitely firm and I wasn't about to try to correct him and run the risk of him going to others who had called after me.

Did I spend a little more than I might have found another for? Perhaps, but another might not have been a one owner stored inside it's entire life (see 1st picture below) with just about possible option one could get on a 30th Anniversary model, which was the exact year and model I was hoping to find. Pristine and if I ever decide to sell, I'll get what I paid without too much effort.

Just food for thought.
Attached Thumbnails
08BF26.jpg   08BF28.jpg  

08BF40.jpg   08BF48.jpg  

08BF49.jpg  
Old 06-25-2018, 07:23 PM   #8

Name: voytek
Trailer: Boler 13
New Jersey
That is a very nice camper you've got! Many thanks for the detailed response and insight, will definitely keep it in mind during my search.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:04 AM   #9

Name: Bob
Trailer: bigfoot
British Columbia
I have a 1998 21 ft 2500 four season. Which BTW might be for sale towards the end of summer!
Old 06-28-2018, 03:17 PM   #10

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Nice Rig...

Wacenturion, very nice rig!

Unless a person is in business to make a profit, paying a high price to get what you want isn't a bad thing at all, and getting a deal on something that's not quite what you want may not be a good thing in the long run.

Funny story:

In the mid eighties (if I remember correctly) my mother had her heart set on a brand new blue Honda Accord, and had one on order. There was a substantial wait time and one day the dealer called her and told her he had a lease return that was maroon with gold pinstriping. It had only about 3,000 miles and it was loaded too.

Mom was agonized... I asked her if she bought it, would she always wish she had waited for the blue one? She said yes and declined the maroon one. (I would have bought it in a heartbeat if I wanted a Honda.) A month later her car came in -- it was white, not blue, and she took it home.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #11

Name: Bob
Trailer: bigfoot
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusty View Post
I have a 1998 21 ft 2500 four season. Which BTW might be for sale towards the end of summer!
sorry, I should have mentioned my location. Vancouver, BC.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:17 PM   #12

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft RQ
Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
Interesting information. I saw a 2004 17 CB that was definitely a 1500. I'm wondering if it was perhaps a prolonged introduction of the 2500 with the larger units being introduced as new molds were being built. Maybe we will get someone else with knowledge of the actual dates.

In O4 you had your choice, 1500 or 2500. They made both.

Tags
bigfoot