BC No Longer For Sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2017, 08:20 PM   #1

Name: M
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
No Longer For Sale

21ft bigfoot trailer (25b21fb). 4 season package, ac, fantastic fan, fridge & freezer, stove/oven, furnace, dry bath with tub/shower, cellular blinds, stereo with outdoor speakers, skylight with shade, outdoor shower, equalizer hitch, lots of storage. Large front bed (much easier to make than the rear bed model) and dinette which folds down to another bed. This trailer is in excellent condition and was just de-winterized and had a thorough check up at the rv place. New battery, roof vents etc all replaced or resealed as recommended along with other items. Tires in great shape and 75% on the brakes. (Invoice can be viewed). Have owners manual and appliance manuals. Selling so we can get a truck camper and tow our boat.
Located in ladysmith Vancouver island.
28500 CAD

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/rvs/6175860044.html
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6678.jpg  
Old 06-14-2017, 09:41 AM   #2

Name: Tryonbrewer
Trailer: Northern Lite
South Carolina
Canadian Trailers Titled in the US

Hi. Very interested in your 25B21FB. I've heard conflicting descriptions of buying a trailer in Canada by US citizens and what needs to be done to get them titled in the states in which they live. Can anyone please clarify whether this is a difficult proposition and maybe describe the process of getting a travel trailer from a Canadian seller titled in the US?

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2017, 10:44 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
Hi There,

I bought my Bigfoot B19 from a Canadian dealer in 2007 and it was a very easy process. They had to make sure that it passed all safety inspections for propane and lights and got a tag (sticker on the trailer) to indicate as much from the Canadian Department of Transportation. They signed the title over to me after payment, as well as providing a temporary registration (which again was from the Canadian Department of Transportation). I took the title and sale documents and had no trouble crossing over and getting it registered and licensed in the U.S.

A few phone calls to the Canadian Department of Transportation and Border Crossing should help confirm what current requirements are and how to ensure that you meet them, but it should not be too difficult. Wonderful to have an opportunity to visit beautiful Canada! Enjoy your new travel trailer if you do go through with the purchase!
Old 06-16-2017, 08:30 AM   #4

Name: Ron
Washington
Buying a trailer in Canada, and bringing it back, is relatively easy.
If you enlarge the picture of the big foot being sold, you can see a sticker just above the storage compartment. That sticker says that the trailer meets US Federal regulations etc. When you purchase the trailer, the seller will have to cancel their insurance (provided through the Province) and, in conjunction with that, you will be given a bill of sale and their version of the title. You will need to show those documents at the border crossing and they will want to see the sticker that I just referred to.
The biggest problem you may encounter is the actual payment. You are limited to no more than $10,000 in cash when you cross the border. Therefore, you will need to find out from the seller if they are willing to take a certified check or cashiers check. Depending on your bank, you may be able to do a wire transfer, but that can be a lengthy process, i.e. now t done in the day.
Let me know if you have any questions. Ron
Old 06-16-2017, 10:47 AM   #5

Name: Ron
Washington
Was supposed to be "i.e. not done in the same day
Old 06-28-2017, 10:58 PM   #6

British Columbia
Still available.

The sale fell through due to lack of financing. Back for sale
Old 06-29-2017, 03:07 PM   #7

Name: Victoria
Trailer: Shopping
California
Would love to see more photos and description if this is still available. The craigslist link didn't work.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:56 PM   #8

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Here is the new craiglist link
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/rvs/6197303401.html
Old 06-29-2017, 09:23 PM   #9

British Columbia
Thanks kpotenaigirl for the proper CL link.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:31 PM   #10

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldr4574 View Post
The biggest problem you may encounter is the actual payment. You are limited to no more than $10,000 in cash when you cross the border. Therefore, you will need to find out from the seller if they are willing to take a certified check or cashiers check. Depending on your bank, you may be able to do a wire transfer, but that can be a lengthy process, i.e. now t done in the day.
Let me know if you have any questions. Ron
A cashier's check is considered cash.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:01 AM   #11

Trailer: 12 ft Chariot (Stealth Egg) and 1987 Casita Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathi View Post
A cashier's check is considered cash.
Not anymore, I haven't accepted a cashier's check same as cash for several years.

It's been that way for a while now, at least in the areas of the globe that I do business in.

I think it was tied into the fact that you can put a stop payment on a cashier check now.

Regs change.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:04 AM   #12

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Williams View Post
Not anymore, I haven't accepted a cashier's check same as cash for several years.

It's been that way for a while now, at least in the areas of the globe that I do business in.

I think it was tied into the fact that you can put a stop payment on a cashier check now.

Regs change.
It's not the same as cash also because the check can be fraudulent.

From Wikipedia:

A*cashier's check*or cheque is a cheque guaranteed by a bank, drawn on the bank's own funds and signed by a*cashier. ... So the bank can discover that a*check*is fraudulent weeks after the customer has withdrawn the funds, and the customer is then legally liable for the*cash*already withdrawn.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:41 PM   #13

Name: Carl
Trailer: Shopping
Washington
I may be interested. How long is the bed in this? Do you have an actual weight?
Old 07-06-2017, 03:58 PM   #14

British Columbia
Hi
I believe it's same as a double bed. 74" long. All the specs are on their website. They list dry weight as 4450 lbs.
Bigfoot RV - Truck Campers & Travel Trailers - Recreational Vehicle Manufacturer
Old 07-08-2017, 12:11 AM   #15

British Columbia
No longer available

Thank you for all the interest. The trailer is no longer for sale. Thank you.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:29 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Williams View Post

Regs change.

I will repeat that according to the Canada Border Services Agency, cheques are considered cash. As are stocks, bonds and more. Looks current to me. Nothing to do with you. I am referring to crossing the border with payment for a trailer.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:36 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
It's not the same as cash also because the check can be fraudulent.

From Wikipedia:

A*cashier's check*or cheque is a cheque guaranteed by a bank, drawn on the bank's own funds and signed by a*cashier. ... So the bank can discover that a*check*is fraudulent weeks after the customer has withdrawn the funds, and the customer is then legally liable for the*cash*already withdrawn.
Over $10,000CAD must be declared at the border which includes checks and other instruments. I was asked at the border about cashier's checks and had several thousand worth but less than $10,000.

Tags
bigfoot