AZ SOLD 2010 16' Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-09-2017, 04:17 PM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: 16 foot Scamp
Arizona
SOLD 2010 16' Scamp

This is a one owner, 2010 16’ Scamp in excellent condition with tons of upgrades! The floorplan is layout #4. I traveled extensively in the trailer, and soon realized that all the provisions to accommodate multiple people were taking up room needlessly. This trailer has been optimized for the solo traveler, but can sleep one additional person. I also realized that many of the factory items, like the cheap Suburban furnace and the dinky 13” wheels had to go, along with a pile of other stuff. There are MANY hours of work in this trailer. Now it really works! It has extensive electrical upgrades. It has been very well maintained, and fully serviced. Everything works well. Ready to leave today. If you spend a good bit of time traveling, you will really appreciate this gem. It has been off the road in storage for the last 3 years. $13,900

Contact David in Prescott, AZ daskinetic@gmail.com, phone/text 541-808-7482

Upgrades:

14” tires and wheels > tows much smoother with more ground clearance.
14” spare tire and new cover > had to upgrade the spare tire holder too.
Rear hitch receiver > accepts bicycle carrier, etc
High / Low tail lights > prevents bicycle from blocking lights
Aux back-up lights > throws a flood of light for backing up in tight spots
Swing up hitch jack > no more dragging the hitch jack,..maximum clearance
Rear leveling jacks
Greaseable hubs > easy hub maintenance
Electric brakes > safer towing, especially on ice
30 pound propane tank
Brand new oversized battery, 129 AH
Upgraded Atwood Everest furnace > finally a quiet nights sleep! More efficient
Electronic thermostat > maintains steady temperature,.. no more hot / cold cycles
High rise bar faucet > now you can actually get things under the faucet
Super quiet range hood > Cook inside without smoke and grease everywhere
Fantastic fan and large escape hatch in roof
Lots of extra custom built storage inside
Upgraded wood cabinet doors
Grey water tank and sink
12 gallon fresh water tank
Flojet Quiet Quad water pump > no more wild pulsing, smooth and quiet
Paddle latch with deadbolt on entry door > smooth operation and secure
Bi-fold screen door
Heavy duty shore power cord with marine bayonet connection
Inteli-Power 9100 battery charger > charge the battery from shore power
Charge wizard battery management > prevents battery sulfation
Xantrex link 20 battery monitor > accurate measurement of battery condition and charge
Aims Power 800w max invertor > run 120V AC items from the battery
Dual 12V power outlets > accepts 12v accessory plugs
Standard 120v AC outlet > plug in 120V AC items when on shore power, like electric heaters
And more.........
Attached Thumbnails
Scamp right cropped.jpg   Scamp rear cropped.jpg  

Scamp desk.jpg   Scamp galley cropped_edited-1.jpg  

Scamp sink cropped.jpg   Scamp interior looking forward.jpg  

Scamp interior looking back.jpg  
Old 12-10-2017, 10:03 AM   #2

Name: john
Trailer: shopping
Arizona
I did not see any thing about the lack of a bath RM?
Old 12-10-2017, 02:15 PM   #3

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeyer1946 View Post
I did not see any thing about the lack of a bath RM?
Hi John,
The trailer has the room, but I opted to not have the toilet installed. I really don't like permanent toilets, black tanks, etc. A port-a-potti could be kept under the bunk. I would also consider installing a Scamp factory toilet system for a buyer, if they really wanted it. I got an estimate of around $750 in parts from Scamp. I have a shop with tools, so I could do the work. That is something we could talk about.

Honestly, the best system I have ever found is a bucket with a bag and cat litter. It is light, cheap, easy to maintain, and flexible. I know it's not for everyone
Thanks,
David
Old 12-19-2017, 09:24 AM   #4

Arizona
I just realized that my profile had not been updated to my new residence. I fixed that. This trailer is in Prescott, AZ. Sorry for the confusion!
Old 12-19-2017, 09:39 AM   #5

Name: Mary
Trailer: Currently shopping
Pennsylvania
EXACTLY What I'm Looking For!

Hi, David -

Wow, with the exception of no onboard shower, this rig is EXACTLY what I'm looking for, right down to the small bunk instead of a huge bed taking up most of the floor space, and especially the installation of an office desk!

I'd be towing with a Jeep Wrangler that has a tow limit of 3,500 lbs. What's the dry weight now that you've done all these mods?

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:31 AM   #6

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildheart61 View Post
Hi, David -

Wow, with the exception of no onboard shower, this rig is EXACTLY what I'm looking for, right down to the small bunk instead of a huge bed taking up most of the floor space, and especially the installation of an office desk!

I'd be towing with a Jeep Wrangler that has a tow limit of 3,500 lbs. What's the dry weight now that you've done all these mods?

Thanks.
Hi Mary,
I believe it is around 1,850lbs dry. I can pick up the tongue and roll it around if that tells you anything. Your Wrangler probably has the 4.0L engine? My Tacoma has a 4.0L, and I hardly know the trailer is on the hitch. The elimination of all the unused stuff, really makes the trailer feel roomy, and I found it to be very comfortable! There are cable pass-thrus in the back of the desk for any cords, and there are many options for powering your electronics and small devices below the desk. There are also two 110v outlets for use when on shore power, that would support an electric heater, microwave, or other high draw items.

One other point. The factory bench seating (as in virtually all RVs) is just square foam with zero ergonomic design. This layout allows you to use a really nice comfortable chair. Even the little Samsonite folder in the picture is WAY better than the factory seating!
Old 12-20-2017, 08:54 AM   #7

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I love, love, love that desk table modification you have done.

Great!

As far as showers, I think they are overrated. On any molded trailer, you are taking a shower in an extremely tight space. While my camper has a shower, and the bathroom is a little bigger than a Scamp, I have never taken a shower in the rig. Instead, I use the shower facilities at the campground.

Even when I camping inside Zion National Park, where there are no showers, I just walked over the bridge and took showers in town for $4.

Everyone is different, I have no doubt that many others on this forum do use their camper's shower.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:34 AM   #8

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
david I agree with you I don't like messing with that stuff either. I guess to each his own I don't see camping as a luxury thing and those tiney holding tanks make no sense to me.

we tented for 41 years 4 tenting trips to Europe in that time we learned many things. I guess we are minimulists!

bob
Old 12-20-2017, 11:14 AM   #9

Arizona
Thanks Bill and Bob,
With just a 12 gallon water tank, you won't be taking much of a shower anyway. The space and weight for that brief luxury was not worth it for me. If you have hookups, mostly likely you have access to showers too. I have gotten day passes at municipal rec centers for 3 or 4 dollars and stood under the hot water for an hour . THAT was luxury .

One reason I bought new was because so many used trailers had these things that I didn't want. I learned from decades of backpacking that the greatest luxuries were the things I didn't have to carry and deal with.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #10

Missouri
lucky

david I would still be using my A-Liner if I hadn't had such another bad back surgery.

we got lucky sold the A-Liner and found a bargain of 5k on our 13f scamper. there is no way to comfortably put a shower and stool in that camper and be comfortable!

we are so happy ours doesn't have it and have never had a problem. tenting teaches a lot of things!

bob
Old 12-21-2017, 08:53 AM   #11

Name: mark
Trailer: 13ft scamp 2011
Connecticut
I'm not ready to buy a trailer yet but just wanted to say how well thought out and how well done everything about this trailer is.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:29 PM   #12

Arizona
Thank you Mark!
Old 12-23-2017, 01:39 PM   #13

Missouri
david one question

david I notice you have your extral taillights how did you do this? you know get up under the ratfur?

thanks

bob
Old 12-24-2017, 09:25 AM   #14

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
david I notice you have your extral taillights how did you do this? you know get up under the ratfur?

thanks

bob
Bob,
The double lights were an option from Scamp. I got them primarily just to have lots of visibility from the rear. I would hate to get rear-ended towing in poor visibility.

David
Old 12-24-2017, 09:43 AM   #15

Arizona
out of country

FYI,
I will be out of country from the 28th of December till January 12th. Most likely I will not have communication during that time.

Thanks,
David
Old 01-23-2018, 08:34 AM   #16

Arizona
Sold

Trailer is sold, thank you

Tags
scamp